My First Set

Just recently, I was searching through my Bionicle collection, and to my surprise, I had found my very first Bionicle set. It was like a shockwave of nostalgia ran through every bone in my body as soon as I layed my eyes on it. As you might've expected, I nearly cried. If you're interested in knowing, I got my first Bionicle set in 2007 when I was in kindergarten. My best friend at the time, kept on bringing in his Solek Av-Matoran set. I was intrigued by the figure- it was nothing like I had ever seen before. And as such, I went home and asked my mother to buy me one.

We were walking through Toys 'R' Us, and the only thing that was going through my mind was what in the world my friend's Bionicle looked like, because I had forgotten yet wanted so dearly to get the same as his. The only thing I could remember was that it was white. At the end of the day, I didn't end up getting Solek, but I did end up getting Matoro from the Toa Mahri.

After that day, I started searching through the internet for anything related to Bionicle, and found a few YouTube channels like LegoMationStudio and robomaniac7. I'd constantly see these mind-blowing advertisements on television for Bionicle such as Creeps from the Deep and the Toa Mahri Movie. To me, Bionicle was the coolest thing ever, for lack of a better word. It's dark feel just grabbed me and got me enveloped into the franchise. I would go to BionicleStory.com (which is no longer a website, it was taken down by Lego after the discontinuation of Bionicle) to look for sets that I wanted from previous years, because I felt left out since I started so "late" in the toyline. Every Christmas, my father would buy me older sets on Amazon (my mother rarely bought things online because she was afraid of identity theft) and he still does to this day. Recently, I started buying the Bionicle Graphic Novels, starting with "#6 The Underwater City" since I wanted to know more about my "origin." The only ones I don't own yet are numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5 (a few years back, my father bought me the first one).

Now I must ask you, what was your first Bionicle set? And please, feel free to tell me your story.

Edited by justin_verceles

justin_verceles