• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How did you find/hear of BZP?

how did you find bzp

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Online Overscore

Overscore
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Lightning Voyager

• 14-March 13
  • 339 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 04:24 PM

I found the BZP through googling in 2010 and Biosector01 a couple years ago when they came out with the Red Star interview, and at that point I made an account that got wiped.

Edited by Snubby, Jul 19 2014 - 07:26 PM.

˙˙˙609ƖƖϛƖㄣ6Ɩϛ69ㄣƖㄣ8ƐƖᄅϛ99ㄣ0ᄅ88ㄣϛ0Ɛϛ0ƐƐƖƖ009Ɛ06ϛᄅ68ㄥ9Ɛㄣ9ƐϛƖㄥƖ60ㄣϛᄅ6ᄅ8ᄅ960ᄅ60ᄅϛƖ88ㄣㄥƖ88ϛϛƖƐ909900ㄥ8ϛㄣᄅㄥ  
  ƐㄥᄅƖㄣƖ6ㄣᄅ09ᄅㄥ09Ɛ6ƐƐƖᄅ8ㄣ99ᄅƐㄣϛㄣ0Ɩ98ㄣƐ09ㄣƐᄅ699ϛ8ㄣ9ϛㄣƖ606Ɩ0ᄅƖㄥᄅϛ9ƖƐ8ㄥ98ㄥƐƐᄅ8ㄣ9ϛㄥㄣ8ᄅƖ9ㄣㄣƐƐ6ϛ99ϛㄥ60Ɩ88ᄅㄣㄣ  
  96Ɩ8Ɛ0Ɛ6ㄣϛ68ㄣ6ᄅᄅ9ㄣㄣ96ϛϛϛ0ƖƖᄅϛ8Ɛ6Ɩ0ㄥᄅ0Ɩㄣ8ᄅ0ϛㄣㄥƖƖƖ8ㄣ8ᄅƖ80ㄣ6ϛƐϛᄅㄥƖƐᄅᄅ8ϛ0ϛϛ609ㄣㄣ8Ɛ60ㄥㄣ990Ɛᄅ8ᄅƐƖϛ9808ㄣƖᄅ8  
  6ㄥ90ㄥƖƖᄅㄣƐϛᄅ8ㄣƐ08ᄅ986680ᄅ98ᄅ90ㄣ9Ɩ8ㄥ0Ɛᄅ6ϛㄣㄣ6ㄣㄥ60ᄅ8ϛ0ƖϛㄥƐ66Ɛ69Ɩㄥ6Ɩㄣ88ᄅ0ϛ6ㄥᄅƐ8ƐƐㄣ9ᄅ9ㄣ8ƐᄅƐ6ㄥ68ϛƐϛ9ᄅ6ϛƖㄣƖ˙

#2 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,567 posts

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 04:29 PM

I found BZP back in 2006. I read a comment on Bionicle.com that there were pictures of Vezon and Fenrakk, characters I hadn't heard of at the time, on here, so I checked it out. The rest is history.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,301 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 05:49 PM

I found this site by clicking the "Random Page" button on BS01. I got a bit curious and did some research on it. You can pretty much guess what happened soon after.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#4 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,370 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 06:07 PM

Someone mentioned it on the LMB.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#5 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,164 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 06:10 PM

Found it on the buzz section on BIONICLE.com in 2004 but didn't actually join until one year later, I'm guessing because I didn't understand enough of what people said as I'm not a native English speaker and I had basically started learning English at the time. BZPower has been a fantastic platform for that.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#6 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 23-July 02
  • 6,750 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 06:11 PM

I was googling "bionicle music" in 2002 for some reason (probably to find copies of the MNOLG music). Naturally, I found nothing, but I did stumble upon both Kanohi Power and BZCommunity. I continued lurking on those forums until the merger.

FCG Devlog Entry #7: Project Update

plb_banner_teaser.jpg

BZPRPG: News | General Discussion | My Profiles

Wokapu | Ra'lhen | Wokodin | Wokiya Catarix

#7 Online Kitania

Kitania
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 15-March 06
  • 8,481 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 06:15 PM

A friend's older brother showed me in 2001/2ish, I think it was BZCommunity at the time? Since I was so young and didn't understand message boards, and wasn't allowed to join things online back then, I just lurked.

rainbow-flag2.jpgnezumixsion.jpgrainbow-flag2.jpg

#8 Offline Toa Kayn

Toa Kayn
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 17-June 12
  • 324 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 07:40 PM

In 04 or 05 I read a ton of comics where the Matoran were obsessed with the drink sprite on google images and in turn that lead me to BZPower but I didn't think about joining until years later.

9HYoRY7.pngBZ Koro - The Movie 2 - 40% Complete (Trailer #1 99% Complete, If it took this long to do the trailer then...)  

#9 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 25-May 09
  • 1,965 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 08:27 PM

Googling random Bionicle stuff a few years ago and I came across it. I read through the news stories for a few months before even realizing there was a forum. Still continued to just read for a while until my parents caved and let me get an account.

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#10 Offline Pohatu: Master of Stone

Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 15-December 13
  • 1,640 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 08:43 PM

Found out probably back in 2008-9, but didn't join for a long time, mostly because my mom was /is super duper cautious about sites and such.

Edit: Does anyone remember the years that Gerlicky's That's Messed Up and CyberKN's Mask of Humor ran, because I actually found old pictures of them saved to my computer.

Edited by RahkshiToa88, Sep 23 2014 - 09:33 AM.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.pngCredit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

Steal the Mask 3: You know you want the Mask of Life, too!

#11 Offline -{Lion Heart}-

-{Lion Heart}-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 04-December 04
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think I found it while searching for something Bionicle-related on the ol' Google search. It was either 2003 or 2004, and in December 2004 I made my account.

Bonus: My first username was Toa Lhikan of Fire (I think) which was soon changed to Darthe Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith (don't ask me about the typo), then back to Lhikan possibly, first time using Lionheart, then some LH alternatives, then Hawkeye during a Marvel craze on the forums where tons of members were changing their avatars and usernames to Marvel characters, and finally back to Lion Heart, this time for good. 

pWRJY.jpg

Credit goes to Biomech for the sweet, but really old, avatar!
PM if you add me to your Friends List!
Code: 1590 1509 6141 (Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Diamond, Soul Silver)
PSN Name: Mateus7

Want to help continue the Bionicle Story? Click Here!

#12 Online Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 11:14 PM

I probably found out about it in maybe 2011, while googling some Bionicle stuff, but I didn't feel like joining until early 2013.

#13 Offline Narglepuff the Protector

Narglepuff the Protector
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 28-March 08
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 11:29 PM

Somehow I had ended up on the Custom Bionicle Wiki back in March of 2008. It was there that I found Toatapio Nuva's Comics: The Movie. Sure, it was just a Windows Movie Maker/MSPaint video, but I really appreciated the fact that one guy poured so much effort into making that movie. I looked for anything else like it and discovered the old Artwork III forum. This led to me wanting to make comics of my own, so I joined this site shortly after. I still have that movie file somewhere on my computer...

hamster.gif

Sprite Kit Archive

For all of your comic-making needs!

#14 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 2,876 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 09:59 AM

I stumbled upon Bs01 in 2010. It wasn't until 2011 that I decided to give BZPower, which was constantly mentioned as an affiliated website, a look.

Then I joined to play BZPRPG.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#15 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,811 posts

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 11:35 AM

I first came across it back when it was linked to from the official BIONICLE website back in 2004, if I remember correctly. I don't remember how I rediscovered it later, but I think the reason I eventually joined might have been because of having questions for Greg. It was basically the first web community where I went from being a lurker to being an active user.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,959 posts

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 11:51 AM

I gotta be honest and say that I don't remember how I found the site. I think it -may- have been linked to or mentioned on another fan site, and I decided to join because... why not? I liked BIONICLE and it seemed like a good site. 

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#17 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,678 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 07:17 AM

I decided to join after hanging around BS01 for a while.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#18 Offline V-N

V-N
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 13-June 07
  • 2,474 posts

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 11:01 AM

I first stumbled upon BZP in Google, but only later became interested after hearing a lot about it on another BIONICLE fan site (though I still didn't join for a while).

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -Sir John Lubbock

#19 Offline randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 22-February 13
  • 630 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 05:42 PM

I found it I think in only 2009 when I was looking through different bionicle sites and I came about Bzpower but I only joined two years ago

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#20 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 20-February 14
  • 378 posts

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 06:29 PM

I was on Wikipedia's Bionicle page and in the references was a link to BZPower's Toy Fair coverage.  That's what lead me here.  

#21 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 26-February 14
  • 562 posts

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 07:15 PM

Oh where do I start? Hmm... well a friend showed me the main site that did reviews of certain legos, and that they let you know in advance what sets were showing up just a little bit before the magazine came in the mail. After that I just started reading the forums and that just led to one thing after another and I finally became a member. :D

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

signature art by Tattorak

#22 Online Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,092 posts

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 07:59 PM

I joined because my brothers were members. I wasn't too active at first but began frequenting the site when I learned that some friends from school were also members. That was around the time that My LEGO Network was popular so my friends from school and I used BZPower as a way to communicate and rank up in that game. I revisited BZPower again after the long downtime (which I didn't know happened until after it was over) because I was also becoming active on BIONICLEsector01 and HEROsector01 at the same time.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#23 Online Adventurer

Adventurer
  • Premier Member
  • Guard of the Pit

• 06-January 07
  • 17,089 posts

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 08:45 AM

I found BZP first in late 2006 after hearing on the Lego.com message boards that Greg F posted here. Instantly hunted down the site and was amazed to find he actually did! :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

#24 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,541 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 12:11 PM

I spent a lot of time on the old Lego message boards following their Bionicle discussions. I was intrigued about the then-mysterious Kal, and I kept hearing that some site called BZP had information on them. After a few visits I eventually joined in early 2003 because the forums here were so much better than the official Lego ones.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#25 Offline BioSlayer

BioSlayer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-September 09
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 04:05 PM

I first heard about bzp at brickfair 2008.

My lego.com name is frodobaggins29, And I am bioslayer on eurobricks.
I am a Lego Brand Retail employee.

#26 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 17-April 10
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 04:25 PM

A few hundred pages in google, and I was linked here.
Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#27 Offline Makuta of Metru Nui

Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 09-August 07
  • 551 posts

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 07:24 PM

I first heard reference of this site on the LMB around 2007, and stumbled my way onto it not too long after.

You cannot destroy Me...For I am nothing.

signature.png

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

#28 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 17-March 04
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 07:45 PM

If I remember correctly, I had done a lot of Googleing for various Bionicle subjects back in early 2004. I ended up finding a story in the Epics section that I liked so much that I wanted to make some comments of my own on it, and thus this site became the very first forum that I ever joined. True, I ended up making a lot of dumb mistakes later that year, but I have long since learned from them. :)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#29 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 29-May 14
  • 211 posts

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 08:21 PM

If I remember rightly, there was a link to BZP on the Bionicle main site, back in 2003. I didn't speak English yet, but I visited the site anyway and that's how I learnt it. B-)

banner1.png

#30 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-January 06
  • 1,974 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 12:12 AM

January 2006, I heard of it on the Lego message boards. I think it was in relation to new set info, somebody posted the URL in a thread and I joined up first thing.

It's weird to think how different my life might have been had it not been for that random internet person.

titanfall.jpg

#31 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 20-July 07
  • 2,913 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm not sure exactly how I found it, but I do remember that I used to frequent the official Lego Message Boards and thinking "gee, this place sure is a mess. I wonder if there is a more organised website, preferably where there aren't 50 questions a day about Toa needing their oil changed" :P

That prolly led to a little searching online. Since it was back around 2006 or 2007 that I stumbled upon BZ and lurked for a several months, I'm sure BZP was the top hit for "bionkle mesage bord" in Google.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#32 Offline Dimension Lord

Dimension Lord
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 04-January 06
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 01:02 PM

I found it in 2005 when there were pictures of the next line up of sets and lurked for a time.  I didn't actually register until the very beginning of 2006.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

#33 Offline Heir of the Chronicler

Heir of the Chronicler
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 13-January 03
  • 2,715 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 01:22 PM

I honestly don't remember, since it was more than ten years ago! I would assume I found it through google, though, as I was eager to discover anything and everything BIONICLE I could find at the time.

- Heir

vffsigbanner5.png

#34 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Surrender or Run

• 13-March 06
  • 8,629 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 03:53 PM

Lego message boards in 2005. And of course I was looking for Bionicle news for the upcoming sets.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#35 Offline Lady Kopaka

Lady Kopaka
  • Premier Member
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 28-October 05
  • 3,489 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 05:14 AM

I think it was through google. I tried to join back in 2004, but my parental block hindered me. I tried again in late 2005 and been around ever since (for the most part).

#36 Offline Reya

Reya
  • Premier Member
  • Trusted Trader

• 23-November 03
  • 11,646 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 05:29 AM

Through Bionicle.com in July. I didn't join until a few months later. I'll never forget how excited I was when I first saw the Rahkshi.

#37 Offline doodleloot

doodleloot
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 30-April 14
  • 348 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 06:27 PM

I honestly have no idea how I found it, it was so long ago and I was still a kid back then.

I do know that I was frequently browsing the forums over the years until I made an account this April though.  ^_^

bzp_banner_small.png

Mata Nui Online Game III: Destinies

#38 Offline Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 31-May 08
  • 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 11:37 PM

This topic has been done into the ground many times over but I like telling the story so I thank you for giving me the chance :)

I was actually obsessed with BIONICLE months before joining BZP and was researching and reading my mind out. It was probably the most interesting time of my life, back then. And I came across and lurked on BZP. My parents at the time were net-wise and didn't want me to get into anything I couldn't handle but eventually I signed up.

levi_and_hange.jpg

#39 Offline Matoro Zeliph

Matoro Zeliph
  • Members
  • Toa

• 09-December 03
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2014 - 12:09 AM

I have discovered BZP by simply googling "bionicle news" back in 2002. I've always enjoyed their frequently posted updates/discussions that I've decided to join in late 2003. The reason why I haven't been active for the longest time until now is...well lets just say I am glad that I have been given a second chance, and once again thank you! :)

Edited by Matoro1992, Aug 08 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#40 Offline Toa Varova

Toa Varova
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 30-December 07
  • 1,900 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2014 - 12:16 AM

Someone mentioned it back on BIONICLE's old website in the gallery. Y'know, that thing where you can post your MOCs and stuff.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

Head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

See it now. Do it.

Click here to go to Snax!

"If you're really gonna refuse to die... I'll definitely enjoy the next 11 minutes."

-Toa Varova, Out of Snax Part 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users