How did you find/hear of BZP?

Underscore

I found BZP back in 2006. I read a comment on Bionicle.com that there were pictures of Vezon and Fenrakk, characters I hadn't heard of at the time, on here, so I checked it out. The rest is history.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Found it on the buzz section on BIONICLE.com in 2004 but didn't actually join until one year later, I'm guessing because I didn't understand enough of what people said as I'm not a native English speaker and I had basically started learning English at the time. BZPower has been a fantastic platform for that.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I was googling "bionicle music" in 2002 for some reason (probably to find copies of the MNOLG music). Naturally, I found nothing, but I did stumble upon both Kanohi Power and BZCommunity. I continued lurking on those forums until the merger.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

In 04 or 05 I read a ton of comics where the Matoran were obsessed with the drink sprite on google images and in turn that lead me to BZPower but I didn't think about joining until years later.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Googling random Bionicle stuff a few years ago and I came across it. I read through the news stories for a few months before even realizing there was a forum. Still continued to just read for a while until my parents caved and let me get an account.

Found out probably back in 2008-9, but didn't join for a long time, mostly because my mom was /is super duper cautious about sites and such.

Edit: Does anyone remember the years that Gerlicky's That's Messed Up and CyberKN's Mask of Humor ran, because I actually found old pictures of them saved to my computer.

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I think I found it while searching for something Bionicle-related on the ol' Google search. It was either 2003 or 2004, and in December 2004 I made my account.

Bonus: My first username was Toa Lhikan of Fire (I think) which was soon changed to Darthe Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith (don't ask me about the typo), then back to Lhikan possibly, first time using Lionheart, then some LH alternatives, then Hawkeye during a Marvel craze on the forums where tons of members were changing their avatars and usernames to Marvel characters, and finally back to Lion Heart, this time for good. 

• Upvote 1

pWRJY.jpg
Credit goes to Biomech for the almost 20-year-old avatar!

Somehow I had ended up on the Custom Bionicle Wiki back in March of 2008. It was there that I found Toatapio Nuva's Comics: The Movie. Sure, it was just a Windows Movie Maker/MSPaint video, but I really appreciated the fact that one guy poured so much effort into making that movie. I looked for anything else like it and discovered the old Artwork III forum. This led to me wanting to make comics of my own, so I joined this site shortly after. I still have that movie file somewhere on my computer...

hamster.gif

Sprite Kit Archive

For all of your comic-making needs!

I first came across it back when it was linked to from the official BIONICLE website back in 2004, if I remember correctly. I don't remember how I rediscovered it later, but I think the reason I eventually joined might have been because of having questions for Greg. It was basically the first web community where I went from being a lurker to being an active user.

• Upvote 4

I first stumbled upon BZP in Google, but only later became interested after hearing a lot about it on another BIONICLE fan site (though I still didn't join for a while).

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Oh where do I start? Hmm... well a friend showed me the main site that did reviews of certain legos, and that they let you know in advance what sets were showing up just a little bit before the magazine came in the mail. After that I just started reading the forums and that just led to one thing after another and I finally became a member. :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I joined because my brothers were members. I wasn't too active at first but began frequenting the site when I learned that some friends from school were also members. That was around the time that My LEGO Network was popular so my friends from school and I used BZPower as a way to communicate and rank up in that game. I revisited BZPower again after the long downtime (which I didn't know happened until after it was over) because I was also becoming active on BIONICLEsector01 and HEROsector01 at the same time.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I spent a lot of time on the old Lego message boards following their Bionicle discussions. I was intrigued about the then-mysterious Kal, and I kept hearing that some site called BZP had information on them. After a few visits I eventually joined in early 2003 because the forums here were so much better than the official Lego ones.

:music:

If I remember correctly, I had done a lot of Googleing for various Bionicle subjects back in early 2004. I ended up finding a story in the Epics section that I liked so much that I wanted to make some comments of my own on it, and thus this site became the very first forum that I ever joined. True, I ended up making a lot of dumb mistakes later that year, but I have long since learned from them. :)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I'm not sure exactly how I found it, but I do remember that I used to frequent the official Lego Message Boards and thinking "gee, this place sure is a mess. I wonder if there is a more organised website, preferably where there aren't 50 questions a day about Toa needing their oil changed" :P

That prolly led to a little searching online. Since it was back around 2006 or 2007 that I stumbled upon BZ and lurked for a several months, I'm sure BZP was the top hit for "bionkle mesage bord" in Google.

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has been done into the ground many times over but I like telling the story so I thank you for giving me the chance :)

I was actually obsessed with BIONICLE months before joining BZP and was researching and reading my mind out. It was probably the most interesting time of my life, back then. And I came across and lurked on BZP. My parents at the time were net-wise and didn't want me to get into anything I couldn't handle but eventually I signed up.

I have discovered BZP by simply googling "bionicle news" back in 2002. I've always enjoyed their frequently posted updates/discussions that I've decided to join in late 2003. The reason why I haven't been active for the longest time until now is...well lets just say I am glad that I have been given a second chance, and once again thank you! :)

Edited by Matoro1992