How did you find/hear of BZP?

Underscore

Not sure, it was a long time ago. You guys have good memories XD

It may have been the /toy/ board on 4chan, as I remember lurking there when the board was new at the time. Alternatively, it could have been from Eurobricks, when BZPower members would migrate there for a few weeks every six months to discuss leaked catalogue images. Could also have just been Google.

My older brother was once a Bionicle fan who joined in 2003. I spotted him chatting on the forums and while I was young, I realized that this must've been a site for Bionicle news and discussion, as said on the home page. My brother had been visiting this site regularly until around 2009, when he lost interest in Bionicle and moved to Final Fantasy and other things. It was in that year I got the idea in my head of checking BZPower on my own, and I had then became a guest. It was then in 2012, that I had felt that I was mature enough to use all functions of the site available to standard members, and thus I created an actual account.

EDIT: i changed to I

Edited by Rooster Nui

I found it through the third greatest thing in existence: google! (The second greatest thing being Bionicle and the single greatest being me. Yes, I'm very self-obsessed. Deal with it).

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I joined...(however long ago my spinner says). I heard it from a friend, and joined and have been pretty active ever since

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I think I came across BZP's name a few times over the years, but I didn't join until October of 2012, I think. What really got me interested was an interview I was reading in the back of one of the BIONICLE graphic novels back in 2011. The Phantoka/Mistika volume, I believe. There it was mentioned that you could ask Greg questions about the storyline on a site called BZPower. It turned out, however, that by the time I finally joined, LEGO had issued some kind of new policy that prevented Greg from saying anything in regards to upcoming sets or storylines.:( But I discovered it to be fun to interact with other fans(which was previously limited to my siblings), and thus, here I am.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Ever since I first got access to the internet (circa 2005?) I spent a lot of time looking up Bionicle stuff, so I logically just sorta ended up in BZP a lot. However, this was when I didn't know any english, so I usually just hit the back button because all of that meant nothing to me. (Then in 2006 we moved to the US and I started learning the language, so I checked BZP's front page a lot for news and stuff. I didn't join until a couple years later, though.) 

AXKP5KC.png

Gee, that was a while back.  I know I found it as a result of my frustrations with the good old Lego.com boards--the lengthy moderation process, general but expected immaturity of the users, and all that jazz.  I couldn't tell you how I actually found BZP...possibly through Bionicle.com somehow?  It all went down circa 2005-06, I think (I'm rubbish at remembering what spinny goes with what years).  I lurked for a while, finally joined so that I could use the members-only functions, and then largely continued lurking.:P

aang0tt.png

I believe I first heard of BZPower from someone at my elementary school talking about how it would be the place to check for news about the eventual Nidhiki set, back in 2004. After that I think I checked BZP occasionally, but I only decided to join in 2006.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

A friend showed me it around 2006. I lurked for awhile, and made two failed accounts before joining in 08.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

• 2 weeks later...

At latest about 2008 is when I found this spot, but it was most likely earlier. (And I actually got to it because I was trying to research random stuff for a role play on the SPORE Forum (SPORUM)) but I just recently joined, because of (you can guess).

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

i knew of BZP since all the way back in 2005 when i happened upon it while, you guessed it, Google searching 'bionicle'. unfortunately i was very much a child in 2005 and had (still have) overprotective parents who wouldn't let me join BZP until four years later, long past the site's prime. such a shame...i missed out on four whole years of embarrassing myself

I was looking up Bionicle through Ask Jeeves on my Netscape browser and found Kanohi Power, which is an incredibly dating phrase.

I never actually joined until late 2002, after it had been merged with Bionicle Zone. Then there was some error that wiped all the accounts made between a certain undisclosed time, and it wound up being fixed in early 2003.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 10

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 2 weeks later...

Back in late 2008, I saw the Glatorian promo image (the one with the huge pieces in the desert and the Matoro Inika look-alike) in a friend's Lego Magazine.  I had no idea what a Glatorian even was, and, when Googling to try to find out, I stumbled upon BZP.  I checked the site regularly for news and generally lurked a lot, but all the big happenings now with Bionicle returning got me to finally create an account.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Found a link on the Bionicle website in 05.  Man, that takes me back.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I was looking for pictures of Avak on Google images, I clicked on one that came from one of your reviews. I knew the site by name, and I knew that it was Bionicle related, I had no idea there was a forum, I thought it was just news and reviews. After the stars came out, I lost interest in Bionicle for a while. I then looked into selling my sets and rediscovered this place in the process. So I joined and got hooked again.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I first found BZPower in 2006 while looking for Bionicle info online, but I didn't remember the site name. Then in late 2007 I re-discovered it and started browsing daily for news. I eventually found myself in the Comedies forum, which convinced me to join; the site did not register any account I registered until this one at the end of 2008, however. I have been here ever since.

• Upvote 1

I first found out about it from the LEGO Message Boards back in '06 or '07, but I didn't think much of it, but then in spring or summer of '07, I found some preliminary images on google that linked back to here. I just stayed around as a guest for a while, but then I officially joined in 2010.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

No clue. I remember browsing it around 2002, and I have a vague recollection of seeing its forerunners back in 2001, but my specific memories don't start until January 2003, when I joined.

Most of that month was just me dealing with technical problems, since I had no idea at all about how to use an internet forum. 

I had a friend who was super adamant about Bionicle as was, but he had all the sets that I wanted, and one day, (I still remember this visually) he asks me if I've ever heard of BZPower? So we hung out at his house and just twiddled in the comedies section and by golly this place was hilarious! And then the rest is history. 

And now I never talk to that guy, and I'm studying Graphic Design all because of it. 

Strange how life works...

• Upvote 1

We didn't have the Internet at home in 2003, so when Mask of Light came out, my mom took me to our local library to look for reviews on the Web. One of the reviews we found was BZP's. I wanted to explore the site more, but she insisted on looking for other reviews, so I ended up forgetting about it for a year or so. In late 2004, I came across it on my own (I'm not sure if I was looking for it or if I just happened upon it), and the rest is history.

i think i stumbled upon the site not long after the merge between KP and BZ, trying to find out something about the 2002 sets, then i began a long period of lurking until probably around 2007, i think, then coming back to lurk more around 2009, then i stopped looking until the other day when i saw the news on bionicle's return and i knew i just had to come back here.

even recovered an old account i apparently never used, so first post i guess!

edit: huh, now it's saying i have 20 posts which i honestly can't remember and apparently aren't on the forums anymore.

Edited by tahu of fire

I heard about this site back when it was just Kanohi Power and BZCommunity. Then they merged. I just don't know why I waited over 10 year to join.

BZStyle,

BZGrace,

BZPower in your face!

Best line in film history

"We have an old saying too, Georgi - and you're full of it."

All you need to know about me:

• Lifetime Bionicle fan
  • Loves Bionicle, HATES Hero Factory

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of took a long time to get here and it wasn't really because of Bioncle. I only found BZPower because I was a member of iBricks (long dead) and BZPower was one of the few forums that iBricks had white listed for linking to. I didn't join right away because I felt BZPower was just way too big. A lot of people didn't have the highest opinion of BZPower as well.

I did eventually join in 2009, but I didn't really become active until a year or two later.

signoff2.png

No idea. I think Paleo told me...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I first heard of the site shortly after becoming a fan of the "BioTube" community, and after hearing it being mentioned in videos by various people I decided to check it out. I eventually joined up, but I didn't start visiting regularly (i.e. every three hours or so) until I joined the BZPRPG.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad found it by following Gregs blog on here and i decided to join the day that looooong maintenance started. So I watched the site every day for the 7 months(?) then i joined the day it came back or the day after

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

The first big Bionicle site I went to was the BS01 wiki. They would always mention this thing called BZPower. So one day I said, "Well, what the heck is BZPower?"

My dad found it by following Gregs blog on here and i decided to join the day that looooong maintenance started.

That's the saddest story I've ever heard.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1