• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Downtime Moc #1: Shadow Takanuva

Toa Light

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TuragaNuva

TuragaNuva
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 19-December 08
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 10:34 AM

Well, I've taken pictures of all the MOCs that I made during BZP's downtime, and now it's time to post them! Here's the once I made most recently: Shadow Takanuva.

Posted Image^click for gallery (when public)^

Here's some more pictures:FrontBackStaff converted into scythe/Kohlii staffStaff sheathed"Come to me, my brethren!"Comments and/or criticisms are appreciated, and please click the links to some of the other MOCs in my signature! :)-:t::n:

Edited by TuragaNuva, Oct 28 2011 - 06:59 PM.

:t: :u: :r: :a: :g: :a: :n: :u: :v: :a:

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Maybe read this thing I wrote?

#2 Offline PooZy

PooZy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-October 11
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 11:07 AM

Firstly this is a pretty good toa - gratz. Onto the criticism:The shoulders are way too high, it makes this guy look like a hunch back. You really need to moderator the body so that the arms connect in a different way that negates the need for the 'hordika heads' Secondly the upper arms look very bare. The armour you've attached only really covered the back of the arm - but maybe twisting it around would help this. In any case it's a good model. Nothing wrong with the colour scheme whatsoever. Looks very trim.

Edited by PooZy, Oct 27 2011 - 11:15 AM.

sigpic2.png

#3 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 14-June 08
  • 3,004 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 03:45 PM

Nice use of some Hero Factory limbs. The legs are pretty cool too, but the nuva shoulder armor looks out of place.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

#4 Offline TuragaNuva

TuragaNuva
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 19-December 08
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 07:56 PM

Firstly this is a pretty good toa - gratz. Onto the criticism: The shoulders are way too high, it makes this guy look like a hunch back. You really need to moderator the body so that the arms connect in a different way that negates the need for the 'hordika heads' Secondly the upper arms look very bare. The armour you've attached only really covered the back of the arm - but maybe twisting it around would help this. In any case it's a good model. Nothing wrong with the colour scheme whatsoever. Looks very trim.

Thanks! As for the hunch-backedness, I think that the long mask contributes to making it look like his shoulders are higher than they are. Also: while the tops of the Hordika necks are somewhat high, the actual shoulders are lower. However, if I work more on him I'll keep your comments in mind :).

Nice use of some Hero Factory limbs. The legs are pretty cool too, but the nuva shoulder armor looks out of place.

Thanks for your compliments! I might try changing the armor, but I'm somewhat attached to it because it's the armor that Takanuva had on his shoulders :P Thanks again, both of you!

:t: :u: :r: :a: :g: :a: :n: :u: :v: :a:

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Maybe read this thing I wrote?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users