Set Review: 70815 Super Secret Police Enforcer

70815_Super_Secret_Police_Dropship_Revie

It's time for another set review today, today we present 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship from the LEGO Movie line. BZPower Forum Assistant Nuju Metru has taken a look at this set from every angle, and has been kind enough to share his thoughts on it with you. To see if this is a set worthy of adding to your collection, read and watch on! (Oh and if that wasn't enough of an incentive, we're giving away some polybags in the video too!)

View the full article

I got mine with a special coupon for $60.

This is easily one of my favorite LEGO sets of all time. It has a lot of features that all work, and the set itself is still structurally sound. It includes ample minifigures (unlike the Republic Gunship, with its ONE pilot and TWO cockpit seats). I find the use of stickers to be not as frivolous as other sets. The only real con I could name is that it can be difficult to pick up. It can be held by gripping the sides when the doors are closed, but I had assumed there'd be a handle like the Republic Gunship.

Also, the instruction manual I received jumped from step 30 directly to 48; I could figure out what to do, but did anyone else have this problem?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The set is interesting. But I don't feel like it should cost $80 USD. I feel that $60 USD would be fairer.

Not really. It's 854 pieces. $80 is a pretty good value. If it were priced at $60, it'd DEFINITELY have to be trimmed down considerably.

Well something about its size makes me think it should cost less. Though I think it would look bigger in person than it does in the video.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

The set is interesting. But I don't feel like it should cost $80 USD. I feel that $60 USD would be fairer.

Not really. It's 854 pieces. $80 is a pretty good value. If it were priced at $60, it'd DEFINITELY have to be trimmed down considerably.

Well something about its size makes me think it should cost less. Though I think it would look bigger in person than it does in the video.

The set is quite compact for its part count. It doesn't have many wings or other parts sticking off it (I'll be honest, one con of the set's design is that it's a big box), so it seems disproportionately small based on width, height, and length. Trust me though, there is enough building going on to earn it that price tag. Plus, it includes eight minifigures, one of which is from a licensed theme.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!