I think that LEGO should do a Zombie Infection theme. Your probably thinking that LEGO would never make a Zombie theme because it would be too violient and scare little kids. Well, the zombies don't have to be bloody or scary. They made a zombie Minifigure, so what's the difference here? They've made a theme about surviving a monster invasion before with "Dino Attack". They had guns and were shooting the dinosoars, so what's the difference with zombies? So, LEGO, it won't be too violent, and honestly, if you put 12+ on the box you can't really get sued, because no 12 year old will ###### his pants at LEGO Minifigures, and it would be a good way to attract a older audience. Sets: (What the sets should be.) Graveyard Infection: A couple of tombstones, a dead tree, a pistol, a few zombies and a human. $ 6.00 Zombie Car: Includes two human minfigures, a zombie, a two-seated car, and a pistol. $15.00 Gas Station Barricade: Includes three human Minifigures, two zombies, and a small gas station with a bench and some chairs to barricade. Has two guns and one crowbar. $35.00 Escape Plane: Includes one human pilot, a plane, two bats, and 4 zombies. $40.00 Home Barricade: Includes one small house, benches, chairs and a TV to barricade with, a function to break the door off of it's hinges, 4 humans, 5 zombies, one skeleton, 3 guns, and a getaway buggy and motorcycle. $60.00 If you have any set Ideas, please post them and I will be happy to post them up there ^ if they are not already said and reasonable! :D I would buy all of the Zombie Infection sets. What do you think of my idea? Discuss. :D

I don't know about that. It'd be a cool idea at first, but there isn't too much variety or play-value in zombies. I think that it is more interesting to just build "Apoca-LEGO" MOCs.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well, if you noticed, Lego did make their zombie fig more kid friendly by giving him a chicken leg (and his bio said he only ate chicken or something.) But while Lego has been having more violent themes as of late, I don't see them touching upon a zombie theme that's bound to have more gore. If you're looking for that, you should go with the unofficial apoca-Lego crowd. :music:

Yeah, What is Apoca Lego?

Apoca-LEGO is a term used and created by AFOLs. It describes MOCs (sometimes official sets) that are made as an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic scene, character, vehicle, etc. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

four words. Or rather, two words and two numbers. Left. 4. Dead. 2. there's variety.

Which, along with COD, Medal of Honor, Halo, etc, also has corrupted the children by letting them play inappropriate games that say on the cover that it is for people 17+ in age. ;) Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I do like this idea, provided it were made child-friendly enough. LEGO could get in big trouble if they're not careful. Remember, there were zombies in the PotC sets, so I wouldn't think it would be too controversial. I think that for the massive playset they normally put in, maybe they should include a genetic laboratory where the zombies were created? With broken glass tubes where they escaped, and stuff like that. And zombified scientists.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I agree with most these people, and meiko is right, and thats why i dont play all of those violent games fellahs

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I would love a zombie theme, but as everybody else has said, it would be too violent for LEGO's "No violence" policy. A generic horror theme would work though, with vampires, werewolves, zombies, and other monsters.

It could be cartoony.
"Cartoony" would be better on LEGO's part, because they do have a policy. Their focused age group is children, and who buys the sets for kids? Their parents. Parents won't buy something gory and grotesque for their children, so it needs to stay age appropriate; just like what LEGO has always done. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It could be too violent to be produced. if such a line was released, though, I'd buy most.One idea: Zombie Restaurant. One building with dining room and kitchen, three living figs, four zombies, and some pistols; $45 u.s.d.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Well you can go and always use your own figs to create zombies and such.As for an official theme, some of the 2nd iteration of Lego Studios were about horror films, with Vampires, Werewolves and Frankenstein's Monster. But I don't think anything that goes beyond that in terms of scary/gore will be made.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

If you include zombies, then the Twilight fans will insist on vampires making equal appearances.Before you know it, you have monster equality, which IMO would be cooler than just zombies. Still not sure I'd buy any sets from the line, but the parts could be useful if I ordered them.These things can be done without gore - heck, they can be done hilariously. But LEGO would run the risk of treading that fine line and possibly stepping over. Then overly protective parents concerned about the well-being of their kids would complain or sue LEGO, something they would most definitely not want. (Of course, we all know that plastic toy kits do not have the same effect as, say, a realistic, violent, and graphic video game. Just sayin'.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

To address the concern about violence/gore, you could have it as part of the story that zombies could be cured of the infection, which is what the human characters would be working on. Their weapons could be designed to stun and trap, rather than kill. You could also have a set of a post-apocalyptic looking underground lab/base, where the human protagonists would bring the zombies to try and cure them.I'd like to see a Zombie circus set. With zombie clowns.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

To address the concern about violence/gore, you could have it as part of the story that zombies could be cured of the infection, which is what the human characters would be working on. Their weapons could be designed to stun and trap, rather than kill. You could also have a set of a post-apocalyptic looking underground lab/base, where the human protagonists would bring the zombies to try and cure them.I'd like to see a Zombie circus set. With zombie clowns.

I suppose that could work, but it takes the fun out of blowing them up, you know :PBrrrrr... Zombie clowns... two of my worst fears made one.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

No offense, but wow, you managed to stop spamming long enough to start a decent discussion topic.Anyways, charachter-based themes haven't really taken off in lego, especially the ones that are non-licensed without many theme-specific buildings and vehicles. Everything here seems to be random zombie-related sets, although a 2-seater ordinary car would be great in a theme BESIDES Harry Potter, which needed a 2-seater for story reasons, and a 4-seater would be epic. But anyways, I don't think this would be good for Lego. Besides, the Pharoh's Quest mummies are technically zombies.

aouROFb.png

^Well, I think you could do a nice post-apocalyptic setting with run-down, gloomy environments and cobbled-together technology for the heroes' base and vehicles. That could make for some cool sets, so it wouldn't be all about the characters.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

four words. Or rather, two words and two numbers. Left. 4. Dead. 2. there's variety.BOOOOOOOOOOOMER!

Well, the Alien Invasion line does look suspisiously like X-COM: UFO Defense, so I could see a L4D-esque set being produced. While I understand the concerns that zombies may not be age appropriate, I personally think that if you are going to complain about violence, then there's a ton of violence already in lego. There a like a bazillion guns made into Lego Bricks, plus multiple sets focused on war and battles, plus the Star Wars line which has lightsabers that can cut off limbs, plus the Harry Potter line which had some fairly creepy scenes with Voldemort and Dementors, plus Hero Factory which is basically 100% combat, plus the aforementioned Alien Invasion line which has Alien "head crabs" (as Half-Life fans call them) that possess people. With all that violence already there, I don't see how a de-gorified zombie line wouldn't be age appropriate. Heck, it could be hilarious. EDIT: Also remember to suggest zombie sets the next time a Lego survey rolls around if you want them.-don't touch my pocket protector Edited by Toa of Nerds

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...