The Warrior-Scale Sets

I think that they are well-designed, and have a lot of play value. The new building system sure helps it a lot, because it creates less problems that BIONICLE faced throughout many of its years. The sets are close in the design they have, but turn out quite different once built. I like the designs of each piece, because not only are they creative and match the character well, but they will work for other characters as well. I'm a big fan of Hero Factory, and it has already cleaned up BIONICLE's flaws that were left off when the series ended.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think they need improvement. But for that reason I think LEGO should keep making sets in Fire Lord's style. There were a lot of good aspects to that design, and I feel the more sets are made in that style the closer LEGO comes to smoothing out the kinks and creating a reliable system they can use in the future. We're a long way from getting sets as streamlined or cohesive-looking as Roodaka, Brutaka, or the 2008 Takanuva, but at the same time I think LEGO gets closer to that objective by making sets like Black Phantom than by making sets like Witch Doctor that abandon many of the assets of simpler builds. With that said, I've warmed up to Witch Doctor, and would appreciate similar creativity in future waves. I just want to be sure that like the third wave with Witch Doctor and Rocka XL, LEGO doesn't completely abandon a build that has so much going for it just to completely replace it with a creative but much less versatile design.

Most of them look good. However, the armouring on some of them (i.e., Waspix and Fangz) is not enough. And when it is, it leaves gaps.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I have hopes for the Fire Lord build. It has been used three times thus far, and has gotten better each time. Hopefully, they will hhve a solution for the legs soon.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Personally I don't like how Lego seems to just be using the Fire Lord design every time, only modifying something somewhere. It makes the warriors, which are all supposed to be powerful and different into similar clones. I am fine with the Heroes being clones, 'cause they're small and they're supposed to be.I really liked the much-hated Von Nebula in 2010, which I still find my favorite HF set. But the new ball joint system also allows for some great designes, like Witch Doctor or Scorpio. So I reccomend ditching the Fire Lord design and coming up with unique ones for each titan.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

I attempted to build Rocka XL off of Witch Doctor's body style, with several modifications to the form, build, and arrangement of the body and armor all over. I fixed the arms slightly, but were still a bit exposed (I tried adding more armor around it, but it made his arms look flabby). The armor looked pretty great, but I sort of ran out of armor pieces in good colors for the right place (I was a bit too lazy to take apart the rest of my Hero Factory sets to get the needed armor pieces). I wish I had taken a picture, but I could probably rebuild it sometime.The new building style is very helpful in both warrior-scale sets and MOCs, because armor can be rearranged in almost any way, the arm/leg pieces are all compatible and very simple, allowing more possibilities and less obscurely-shaped pieces, and they are still compatible with BIONICLE parts, making it so people can still use their old collections effectively.I'm currently making a Red/Black/Silver Dragon MOC that stands about as tall as Witch Doctor (maybe taller if you straighten his legs, but he sits and looks better with his knees bent), and has a very complex build. I started by just attaching Hero body pieces together at unique angles, and decided that I'd make a 3-headed dragon. I've plated him with lots of cladding pieces, leaving few traces of gaps and exposures to the framework. He currently has both legs built (amazing posability; works in every direction that would be realistic, doesn't stress any parts, feet can be rotated and angled appropriately, and is able to support and balance the heavier body structure), the full body, wings (still have some improvements I need to make, but they still look good at this time), and one of the three heads. I still need to buy two more Raw-Jaw sets so that I can build the rest of the heads, which shouldn't be a problem due to the affordability of Raw-Jaw. It uses parts from Witch Doctor, Waspix, Rocka 3.0, Stringer 3.0, Nex 3.0, Rocka XL, Scorpio, Bulk & Vapor, Furno Bike, Raw-Jaw, and Fangz ― my complete Hero Factory collection, minus Von Nebula and my brothers' collections.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Comparing Fire Lord to Witch Doctor to Black Phantom, it seems to be improving. At this rate, I can't wait to see the Summer 2012 titan/warrior.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I like how Witch Doctor's legs were built, very flexible and all, but I don't like the Firelord-Rocka XL- Black Phantom-clone-leg-design being used on the titans. I would like a little more originality, or at least a cure for the extreme limits of the current leg design. Other than that fault, the overall designs of the Warrior-Scale figures seems alright to me. Can't wait for Black Phantom to come out, with those shoulder pads and that chest armor.. mm-m!

I'd like to see some kind of third design, maybe halfway between Fire Lord and Witch Doctor. Obviously Black Phantom comes pretty close to rounding out the Fire Lord build, but they have had a few opportunities to get it right. I'd like to see something more like what Witch Doctor has, only less chicken-legged and a bit more streamlined.

The "Fire Lord" build, as it's being called, is alright. It has its flaws, but it's alright on the whole.I'm just afraid that the same build is going to be used ad nauseam like the Inika torso. At least with BIONICLE their titan sets didn't look put through a mold, unlike some of the smaller sets.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Rotor and Witch Doctor, though I own neither, seem to be the only good ones so far. The Fire Lord (and his clones) are pathetic. Sure, Black Phantom LOOKS good, but it's still the suckish build we all love to hate.Can they be improved? Well, yes. LEGO could dump the Fire Lord altogether, since we got tired of him when he came out, and build something better with joints like Witch and awesome designs like Rotor. :Pt1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

i'm finding them to be a little clunky. i usually found the bionicle titans/warriors to be very unique and well done, but these are all just rehashes of each other. now, i can't really talk as i don't own any, but thats only because i don't like the look of them. the legs are to wide, torsos to small and weapons to unwieldy in my opinion.