• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Every LEGO Star Wars Minifigure to be on Display at SDCC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 06:08 AM

The official Star Wars website has a cool story up. Apparently at San Diego Comic Con there will be a massive display case showcasing every single minifigure and character from the LEGO Star Wars line over the past fifteen years - over six hundred of them! The ever-awesome Erik Varszegi designed and built the case, which is over 6.5 feet high, contains 54,404 LEGO bricks, took 500 hours to design and build, and weighs 268 pounds. What's more - many of the figures came from Erik's own collection! That is dedication to your trade.

View the full article

#2 Offline V-N

V-N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,453 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 01:04 PM

Which set did that R2-D2 with the hat come in? I never remembered seeing that. :P

What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -Sir John Lubbock

#3 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,904 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 02:33 PM

Which set did that R2-D2 with the hat come in? I never remembered seeing that. :P

That's the "Snowman R2-D2" that came with the LEGO Star Wars advent Calendar two years ago.

It looks like a very impressive display for sure! Too bad I won't get to see in person, but hopefully someone, somewhere will post some decent pictures.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,031 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 02:39 PM

That's the Snowdroid from the 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar.

Anyway, definitely a cool display!

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,050 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 11:16 AM

This is one of reasons why I need to go to Comic Con one of these days. I would LOVE to see something like this in person. 

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users