The possible new enemy in BIONICLE's return.

So, as we all know, BIONICLE has been pretty much confirmed to be returning. Well, who will be the new enemy? Here's the thing many don't know. But you see, at the end of BIONICLE, an extremely powerful robot escaped its protodermis cage. It was called "Marendar", which is Agori for "Salvation". This was a creation made by the great beings to kill ALL living Toa. You see, the great beings saw the Toa's power, and noticed how the Agori would be defenceless. The thing they all feared was the Toa turning evil, then hurting the Agori, and the Agori being defenceless. So, the Marendar was made to kill the Toa if they became Evil on Spherus Magna. THE THING IS: The Marendar woke up AS SOON as the Toa landed on Spherus Magna. Does this mean there is an evil Toa? [bones: potentially leaked content removed.] [C]ould the [potentially leaked characters] be the bodyguards for the Toa as they fight the Marendar? What do YOU think?

Edited by bonesiii

I swear this was gonna be about [potentially leaked content removed]...

It sounds pretty awesome, but if BIONICLE was to return, it wont pick up where it left off. 

But wasn't the Marendar activated because of the surplus of Toa it detected?

I think there are some Alternate Takanuvas... maybe.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Guys, I don't think your supposed to talk about things like this on here - potential spoilers and whatnot.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that may only apply to links and/or photos

True, however I guess we can say this is just speculating on a possible return and a possible new villain. ;)

Anyway, I know the contrary has been said before, but my gut keeps telling me that there's a Makuta essence still lurking somewhere.

Edited by Methaxx
  • Upvote 1

97fbefa58de6a357f47187fd56bc8076-d6d4bzl

Well, since the thread hasn't been removed...

I realy like BioNerd's proposal. It makes a ton amount of sense, and would be awesome to see.

It sounds pretty awesome, but if BIONICLE was to return, it wont pick up where it left off. 

How do you know? So far, we haven't even gotten official confirmation that Bionicle is returning.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Greg says it a million times on the LMB.

Plus re-read what I said. I said 'if'.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I know you said if, but I was asking why you are so sure when we don't even know if Bionicle is asking; and you obviously answered it just now.

And I'm not calling you liar, but if Greg has said it a million times, how come people are still discussing whether it will be a reboot, continuation, etc? Can you quote him?

I know you said if, but I was asking why you are so sure when we don't even know if Bionicle is asking; and you obviously answered it just now.

And I'm not calling you liar, but if Greg has said it a million times, how come people are still discussing whether it will be a reboot, continuation, etc? Can you quote him?

I don't know that Greg has ever weighed in on whether a reboot or continuation would be more likely. I've been reading through several pages lately and don't recall such a thing (but those were recent pages; maybe if he said it farther back). Searching just now he said this though:

You can't pick up where you left off, because there is too much backstory for new fans to learn.So I think you would need to at the least do a time jump into the future.

Which is basically what everybody had agreed on here years ago. People may be getting confused because of the sentence that came right before it:

Well, I would certainly love to be involved in a return of BIONICLE, but I think if I were to do it, it would need to be a reboot in some respect.

But you have to keep in mind that Bara Magna was called a 'reboot' -- this isn't what people seem to be meaning by it lately (as in start over in 2001 plot). Greg seemed to mean by that that something very new was one possibility, or a real reboot might be used. What he actually suggested, though, was a continuation, in the context above. :shrugs:

• Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't know that Greg has ever weighed in on whether a reboot or continuation would be more likely. I've been reading through several pages lately and don't recall such a thing (but those were recent pages; maybe if he said it farther back). Searching just now he said this though:

You can't pick up where you left off, because there is too much backstory for new fans to learn.So I think you would need to at the least do a time jump into the future.

Which is basically what everybody had agreed on here years ago. People may be getting confused because of the sentence that came right before it:

Well, I would certainly love to be involved in a return of BIONICLE, but I think if I were to do it, it would need to be a reboot in some respect.

But you have to keep in mind that Bara Magna was called a 'reboot' -- this isn't what people seem to be meaning by it lately (as in start over in 2001 plot). Greg seemed to mean by that that something very new was one possibility, or a real reboot might be used. What he actually suggested, though, was a continuation, in the context above. :shrugs:

Point made. Thanks for the quotes.

I think it will be the [bones: potential leaked content removed (even if you used just synonyms, it's still making it clear, sorry)].

In all seriousness, as cool as Marendar could be, I try to forget about the serials after Journey's End, since they never really added anything to the overall story (or at least nothing interesting, IMO). I'd like to think that there'll be a new villain, with a new set of motives, unlike anything we've seen before, who'll be well suited for whatever story BIONICLE potentially one day comes back as.

An evil Toa as the main villain, posing as a Makuta, could be an interesting twist.

Edited by bonesiii

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

If Bionicle does come back (I hope it comes back) as a continuation, maybe they should 'retcon' the serials (The Yesterday quest and the Powers That Be)? and have a new rewritten story that would take place after Journey's end in 2010 (Mata Nui and Makuta robots fighting, Tahu and the golden armor,etc)? As for the new main villain, I don't think I would want any Toa to go bad (turn evil) (toa nuva, toa mahri, toa hagah, etc). I'm happy with Toa Tuyet and Toa Nidhiki. I would love to see a new makuta (Brotherhood of Makuta member) take over from Teridax or maybe someone else like Karzahni?

Edited by bohrokmaster

I'm not sure I'd want another Makuta villain, since no Makuta will ever be as much of a boss as Teridax. Teridax was Iago, Darkseid, Palpatine and Hades all rolled into one, and if BIONICLE does ever come back it'll be difficult to find a villain who's as captivating as him.

That said, an entirely new, creative villain is top of my list of wantz.

I don't think I would want any Toa to go bad (turn evil) (toa nuva, toa mahri, toa hagah, etc). I'm happy with Toa Tuyet and Toa Nidhiki.

Neither do I. If there was going to be an evil Toa I'd want it to be a new character, who's intended to be evil from the start, or a retconned Tuyet (as good a character as she was at times, the complex 'alive-dead-alive-multiverse' thing was kind of annoying, especially bearing in mind that I have an allergic reaction whenever anyone mentions Crisis on Infinite Earths). A heel-face turn from any of the Toa so far would feel forced, and personally it'd sour a lot of what they've done in the past. Besides, aside from the Empire universe where everything's crazily different, the Toa Nuva/Mahri/Norik's Hagah etc have no reason to turn to the Dark Side, so it wouldn't make sense.

Sure you can't post it, MetaToa?

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I'd guess a Makuta might be the a new villain, propably not teridax.

Marendar isn't much of a villain, it's a machine with no personality making it of little use as a long term villain. essentially it's a mindless automated Terminator but without Arnold Schwarzenegger per any personality.

Also there's also that Golden Fusion Being, It seems to have potential. (Altohugh we havent heard much of it's plans since Sahmads Tale, it was known in another serial that the Toa Mahri were enslaved/captured by it but their whereabouts was never updated or mentioned)

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

Not so certain if a reboot is possible, since the story came to a standstill in 2011, and we haven't heard anything since.

If there was a reboot, I would think it would be at least 500 years after the reformation of Spherus Magna, and the Great Beings might be having this "Civil War" that Takanuva was said to be a major part of.

Edited by bonesiii
Please save spoiler tags for use with actual spoilers. :) -bones

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

• 1 month later...

I think the chances of the new Bionicle continuing directly from the old one, or picking up on old plot threads, is slim-to-none. All I can expect of a new Bionicle's villains is that they represent a similar force of sickness/corruption as Makuta originally did, to keep with the biological analogue the Bionicle name represents.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wonder all the time who the main villain would be.

My guess is that the Shadowed One will be the main villain. He has the name for it, he has the goons for it, and set-wise his goons are able to keep builds fresh and avoid falling into the trap of clone sets.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!