Would Bionicle's Toa Mask Powers beat Hero Factory's Technolog

Fang RRB

Well... short answer is yes haha.

Take some of the classic ones, the kakama, the pakari, or the hau, the huna, the komau, the mahiki or matatu...

so far we've got speed, strength, shielding, invisibility, mind control, illusions and telekinesis, and that's only scratching the surface. Going from there you have the "immoral" masks the Makuta wear, the inika's masks, the mahri's masks... may of which are definitely helpful in combat, but then there are also many more that have practical use as well, such as the masks of vision, levitation, water breathing, truth, quick-travel...

Then you throw in the legendary masks, such as time, life and creation, and I'd say yes definitely haha :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I would say yes. But if they had to fight each other, just to be sure, Bionicle would have to beat them on the very first fight (which would be faily easy with the masks they have.). Let's not forget that the Hero Factory have some kind of adaptative technology, so we could assume that some of their technology could adapt. However, there is so much masks powers in the Bionicle universe that we could assume that the Hero tech could never adapt to all of them. 

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

As always with this kind of question, it depends completely on the situation. A Mask of Night Vision in daylight against an energy gun? :P But a Mask of Shielding, maybe. And either of those could go the unexpected way depending on what choices they make and other resources in their setting etc. that they use cleverly, or not so cleverly.

(But why just mask powers? :P)

I kind of think that realistically -- forget the quality level of the portrayals in the videos -- HF heroes might beat your average Bionicle character most of the time simply because they train for various situations all the time, and the resources for training that most Toa or whonot have are more limited. Training matters.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I hate this kind of question, not only because of how arbitrary and situational the outcome is (as Bonesiii mentioned) but also because it assumes that the battle would be won by the team with superior powers and equipment, not the team with superior strategic skills, teamwork, courage, etc. And I think it's a bit of an insult to both franchises to attribute their heroes' victories to their powers and equipment alone.

If I were to give a straight answer though, I have to say that supernatural powers like speed, strength, levitation and shielding would often have an edge in a fight against foes wits high-tech weapons and communication gear. Especially considering that it's more likely for Toa to have faced foes with advanced weapons or communications techniques in the past (Vahki and Bohrok stand out as examples) than for Hero Factory heroes to have faced foes with magical abilities that aren't limited by the user's power supply.

From a storytelling perspective, though, it would be most likely for the battle to end in a stalemate, as might happen in a Marvel vs. DC inter-company crossover. That avoids dealing any greater indignities to one franchise or the other.

one mask will work no matter what: the mask of technopatity. it allows the user to control machines. the hero factory Is composed of a bunch of AI, they are all robots. any AI can easily be taken down with paradoxes. and just let those heroes try to adapt, they cant beat protosteel. if it was all of the bionicle universe vs. the hero factory, then the hero factory wouldn't have a chance, not even in one on one combat would they stand a chance. 

Chaos will prevail... eventually...

Well, the truth is, powers such as these are a lot more reliable than Hero Factory technology. Just look at poor Stormer in 2010 while in mid-combat. If Hero Factory's weaponry or any other technology were anywhere near on par with the Great Kanohi, they'd break down before they could win the entire fight. 

Yay! Fonts!!

14270054087_e0b59b1da3_z.jpg

I believe that this question has already been answered. 

That isn't even Mata-Nui's true size, he's shrunken down in this image. The Hero Factory is probably a bit bigger than Mata Nui's eye.

The giant is far away in that image. :P

But in all seriousness, Teridax could eliminate HF with one stomp of his armored foot and has enough power to shove the asteroid the Factory is on into the nearest star for target practice. The Hero Factory is so badly outclassed it's not even funny. 

I think it's a better comparison to compare it as a villain-on-hero fight. :shrugs: The Toa would be more likely to help the Heroes, not engage them in battle. 

Yes, the "Heroes" would be outclassed.

I mean, a Makuta could just come along and take one of them over. It wouldn't be hard.

Plus a "Hero"'s Quaza core could be shattered or destroyed very easily.

Examples: 

A Toa of Stone could destroy it;

A Makuta could use Fragmentation/Shattering on it;

A Makuta could disintegrate it.

Even without Kanohi powers, HF is way outclassed.

And if the Toa and all of the "Good Guys" in the MU and on Bara Magna joined the "Heroes" and ganged up on Teridax, they still wouldn't have a chance. Plus there are all of the Rahkshi with the aforementioned powers.

So... HF, just don't even think about it.

Let's crush all of the dreams of the little kids who like HF with a stomp of the MU's foot. Who's with me?  :lol-sign:

MUvs_HF.jpg

Edited by Makuta Miras
  • Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

The masks are too op, but the Heroes would probably concoct some sort of plan.

no masks are never op

Plus a plan against Toa? These wannabe Heroes must have some kind of death wish.=P

Or the Heroes could hire a bunch of Zyglak and finish the job for them.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

no masks are never op

Plus a plan against Toa? These wannabe Heroes must have some kind of death wish.=P

Yeah right. The monstrous Zyglak wouldn't even listen to a Toa of Psionics. I doubt the Heroes are better diplomats.  

It was suppose to be a joke.

The Heroes will use their mysterious "Fu Manchu" powers and convince the Zyglak otherwise.

The Zyglak are beasts at , and they are propably too savage to ally with anyone other than their own kind. They're most to attack in masse as animals do if they witness one of their own being attacked by a outside force...or any outsiders they have a grudge against including most species in the bionicle universe.

As the mad Piraka Vezon put it nicely in the Federation of Fear serial "Friends? Zyglak don't have friends... just meals they haven't eaten yet."

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 2

qs3135.jpg

yea that bionicle wins because of tahus mask vakamas nuju and onewa

I dunno about that, at least, not in all situations. Tahu's mask is one that can be countered even without any supernatural abilities, because it shields him only against attacks he can anticipate, not against ambush. So stealth technology like Rocka Stealth Machine's active camouflage would come in handy in a fight against a Toa wearing a Kanohi Hau. Vakama's mask, likewise, can be overcome even without technology, since it makes him invisible but not his shadow. And a Hero Factory hero with heat vision, like Furno 2.0, would presumably still be able to see him, unless of course it makes him invisible to infrared as well — the situation never really came up in the BIONICLE story so there's no way to be sure.

Nuju's power of telekinesis is definitely a formidable one in combat, and one that doesn't come with any obvious drawbacks other than the user's need to maintain focus in order to use it. But it wouldn't necessarily result in a decisive victory, depending on how it's used and how well the opponent is able to adjust their strategy. Onewa's mask of mind control might even not work on the Hero Factory heroes' mechanical brains, though since the Hero Factory heroes are much closer to living beings than any of the mechanical beings of the BIONICLE universe, there's no way to really be sure.

Yes, the "Heroes" would be outclassed.

I mean, a Makuta could just come along and take one of them over. It wouldn't be hard.

Plus a "Hero"'s Quaza core could be shattered or destroyed very easily.

Examples: 

A Toa of Stone could destroy it;

A Makuta could use Fragmentation/Shattering on it;

A Makuta could disintegrate it.

Even without Kanohi powers, HF is way outclassed.

And if the Toa and all of the "Good Guys" in the MU and on Bara Magna joined the "Heroes" and ganged up on Teridax, they still wouldn't have a chance. Plus there are all of the Rahkshi with the aforementioned powers.

So... HF, just don't even think about it.

Let's crush all of the dreams of the little kids who like HF with a stomp of the MU's foot. Who's with me?  :lol-sign:

MUvs_HF.jpg

YEEEEEE!

Hero factory vs. bionicle who would win? is like asking an orc vs gandalf who would win.

Dont forget about golden masks or nuva masks either. when the toa nuva just had their masks they still managed to fight pretty well agains the bohrok kal.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

no masks are never op

Yeah right. The monstrous Zyglak wouldn't even listen to a Toa of Psionics. I doubt the Heroes are better diplomats.  

It was suppose to be a joke.

The Heroes will use their mysterious "Fu Manchu" powers and convince the Zyglak otherwise.

The Zyglak are beasts at , and they are propably too savage to ally with anyone other than their own kind. They're most to attack in masse as animals do if they witness one of their own being attacked by a outside force...or any outsiders they have a grudge against including most species in the bionicle universe.

As the mad Piraka Vezon put it nicely in the Federation of Fear serial "Friends? Zyglak don't have friends... just meals they haven't eaten yet."

And they will all fall into a pit of Energized Protodermis and a new being called Optimus Prime will rise to defeat the Decepticons.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif