LEGO Minecraft Now an Official Theme

I think we all knew this was coming (or thought it had already happened), but now it's official. According to Toy News, LEGO will be releasing a full range of Minecraft sets in normal minifig scale. Teasers of such sets have already appeared, so hopefully we'll be seeing the final sets soon. A cool part of the deal is that LEGO has been working with Minecraft players to design the look of some of the characters, animals, and items. It's always great to see such collaboration.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Yeah, they've been showing its development for like a year now on Facebook and YouTube (including multiple polls on preferences for mob designs, for example)...

Still am glad to learn that it's officially going forward. Now if we could see finished products and release dates, then I'd be quite the happy camper.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yeah, they've been showing its development for like a year now on Facebook and YouTube (including multiple polls on preferences for mob designs, for example)...

Still am glad to learn that it's officially going forward. Now if we could see finished products and release dates, then I'd be quite the happy camper.

~|ET|~

I think an official reveal of those at Comic Con is probably even more likely than a Bionicle reveal. Minecraft has incredibly broad appeal, and I can only imagine that this news being timed to hit right before Comic Con isn't a coincidence. Someone on Facebook shared an image of Lego's booth, which featured display cases for many of the newly revealed sets as well as an unlabeled, covered display case, so SOMETHING else is sure to be revealed in the next couple of days.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Anyone else think Lego has to make a NuiCraft set? :biorules:

Um... no. Even I don't know what that is (I'm presuming a Bionicle mod for Minecraft), and I doubt the majority of buyers would, either. Look on the bright side, though: being Lego, you could easily make your own with or without the parts from the actual Minecraft sets!

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother