Who/what Are The Great Beings?

ZTG

What are, or who are the Great Beings? Are they biomechanical? Aliens? Or humans with a high IQ. Post what you think. I truly and honestly think they are human. Maybe, just maybe, later on in the story, we will figure out who they are...

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Imagine the fan backlash that would occur if they were.-ck

I agree with you cap´n k also I think I recall that Greg said Bob Thompson stated some BIONICLE rules before he left which were:No wheels on BIONICLE (At least not on the Matoran universe)No humans on BIONICLENo revealing all of BIONICLE´s secrets because it robs BIONICLE of its mystique So I hope they´re not humans after these, the only thing I´m sure is that they are something that no one expects... Edited by LordofBionicles

My guess? The Reapers from Mass Effect before they went evil. Or maybe the Time Lords. Or more realistically, creatures similar to the Glatorian/Agori but much more advanced.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think they are human, but Greg said they aren't so the theory of advanced glatorian is highly probable at the moment.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

It has been suggested before that the GBs may not have originated on Spherus Magna, that they could have come from elsewhere. Who's to say they aren't some species completely unknown to us? After all, they made magic metal masks, gave birth to entire races from technology, and made a few robots the size of small planets.No Glatorian, Agori, or anything else we truly understand seems like the type to do that, now do they? Therefore, I believe the GBs are some sort of demigod-like figures from another world entirely. t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

It has been suggested before that the GBs may not have originated on Spherus Magna, that they could have come from elsewhere. Who's to say they aren't some species completely unknown to us? After all, they made magic metal masks, gave birth to entire races from technology, and made a few robots the size of small planets.No Glatorian, Agori, or anything else we truly understand seems like the type to do that, now do they? Therefore, I believe the GBs are some sort of demigod-like figures from another world entirely.

If the GBs didn't come from Spherus Magna, two questions arise.
  • [*]Are there more of them elsewhere? On a GB-infested planet?[*]Did Mata Nui find it in his travels through the universe?

Interesting possibilities, but I tend to doubt it.

ppg2.png

Wish Greg was here to give us a hint...

Hate to be a pessimist, but as Bioniclestory.com probably isn't going to get another update this year, it'll probably end after 2011, and Lego doesn't want us to know, we're probably never going to find out. I agree that they're probably Glatorian-lke.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

We're not sure where they came from in the first place and though there hasn't been anything directly stating it, evidence suggests that they are not native to Spherus Magna. I cannot pull a direct quote, but I am certain Greg has said in the past that they are not human. Despite the great things we can accomplish when we call come together for a common purpose, I have a hard time imagining humans creating a 40 million foot tall robot :P . Personally, I imagine them being biomechanical just like nearly every being we've met in the Bionicle universe. I don't know what I would think their organic tissue to mechanical armor ratio to be, but I still believe they're biomechanical to some extent. -:t::l::h:

It has already been confirmed that the Great Beings are not human. It's a whole different universe than earth, and Bionicle is before humans ever existed. I agree with Ussal above me here. Too many mysteries have been revealed already, stripping Bionicle of its uniqueness. I would rather that it remain a mystery.

Your right

It has already been confirmed that the Great Beings are not human. It's a whole different universe than earth, and Bionicle is before humans ever existed. I agree with Ussal above me here. Too many mysteries have been revealed already, stripping Bionicle of its uniqueness. I would rather that it remain a mystery.

But who made the GBs?

GregF said that this really isn't a creation story on the Great Beings, and so will not head in that direction.

Your right Erebus, but it does kinda make you wonder. But this is about the Great Being's Creation. As a writer I know that Greg will reveal the Great being's history later on after the story of their creation is over.But til then, we just ask this question: What are they?

Your right

But who made the GBs?
Why did someone have to "make" the Great Beings? Couldn't they have naturally developed without interferance from any theoritical "Greater Beings?" Edited by Tanma

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Fun way to avoid the "creation of the great beings" question - some of the more intellectual characters from the current storyline travel back in time to the past spherus magna, and after millenia upon millenia learn some of the greater secrets about the universe, allowing them to develope greater powers.Toa powers and mask powers are part of their mechanical make-up, designed by the great beings. In theory, they could be modded to have more powers. If a Toa went back in time, I'm sure he/she could figure out how to do that after a millenia or so and become as powerful as the great beings are.UNfortunately, this brings into question the possibility of time travle, and I'm pretty sure its been confirmed there is no time travel in the bionicle universe :(

Toa Nedurno

Some points before I close this:- Time travel doesn't exist in BIONICLE.- Neither does religion, and thus it has never been proven that the GBs were created by anything and didn't just evolve naturally.- GregF, as Erebus pointed out, is not allowed to divulge anything about the nature of the Great Beings.Any further known information can be found in the BZP Archive's Official Great Beings Guide, which contain all official, canon facts about the GBs.Furthermore, as a speculation/post-it-here topic, this violates some of the topic creation rules.Topic closed.