An Idea for a Vengeance Plot

I had an idea for a plot if anyone is gonna continue the story of Spherus Magna in the original story. We've seen very little of the Dark Hunters, (at least the individual characters such as Mimic, Ravager and Savage etc.) and we really have no idea what they've been up to now that things have drastically changed. Enter Vengeance.

Recall that he's the Dark Hunter who was captured by Lhikan during the Dark Hunter-Toa War. He swore revenge on Lhikan but when Teridax killed Lhikan first, he felt cheated of his revenge and sought to kill the great Makuta himself. 

Here's where my idea comes in: Teridax was killed by Mata Nui in the great Robot Battle, which again, robs Vengeance of his due revenge, so the next logical step would for him to vow to kill Mata Nui! He'd seek to obtain the Ignika that houses Mata's spirit and try to find a way to either destroy the mask, or get Mata Nui out of it, so he can properly kill him.

Tell me all what you think? :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Vengeance would work well as a primary villain since he would be defeated quite easily, I think. I mean... what can be do? He has a shield, he can fly, he has cutting Rhotuka, and you can't mind control him. That's about it. If Lhikan alone defeated him previously there's no reason that the same would not happen again with someone else. Though he is a member of the Dark Hunters, I don't think he'd have enough sway within the organization to get an army on his side.

To sum that up, I don't think he'd work well as a main villain. As the main character of a side plot, a serial or something, sure... but honestly I don't believe anyone wants to see any more unfinished serials about (extremely) minor characters, so I'm going to have to say that your idea is interesting, but unlikely.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Oh I wasn't going for a main villain. More of a side menace to kinda cause a bit of a setback to a plan or something, you know kind of an "unexpected event" that throws everyone's plans around and they have to deal with it first. :shrugs:

Besides, that shield has the ability to deflect almost any attack, so he's got that going for him. And it was stated that Lhikan was the equal of six Toa in a battle, so it's not like he was defeated by just anybody, Lhikan was a legend among Toa.

Formerly Iron_Man5

I have to disagree with ChroXumo, you can write your story anyway you want because it's yours, I like the fact that you want to use the Dark Hunter Vengeance because he is one of the most "obscure" characters in BIONICLE in the sense that the fans don't tend to talk a lot about him and he hasn't appeared much in the story. 

I would advice you to write he story from his perspective so that it has a better feeling and makes more sense, the Dark Hunters don't exist anymore so he can do whatever he wants, how about if you make him gather a small army of Skrall at his disposal since Tuma is no longer respected by them?

Nice idea and I hope you can write your fan-fiction with success!

• Upvote 2

I have a quick question. The following quote is from BS01 on the Dark Hunter code-named Vengeance, for reference in case he may have slipped your mind. :)

Vengeance fought in the last battle of the Toa/Dark Hunter War alone against Toa Mangai Lhikan, but was defeated and trapped. He managed to escape years later, and sought revenge upon Lhikan. Upon learning that the Toa had been killed by Makuta Teridax, his frustration caused him to switch focus to Teridax and vowed to end his life.

Now that Teridax has been killed by Mata Nui, do you think Vengeance will try to seek out Mata Nui or the Ignika (or current guardian of the Ignika)?

Thanks. :)

I don’t think so, no. I think once you get twice or three times removed from your original target, it starts to get a little absurd.

I don't know why I remembered this, but there you go. :) I don't think that this is a hard denial, so you can write all the fanfiction you want, but I'd say that the odds of it appearing in Official Canonland are not too great. 

That could be interesting, if Vengence even remembers Lhikan (and consequently can comprehend him coming back from the dead). 

Well considering that he made it a life goal to kill off that Toa, I think he wouldn't forget him anytime soon. :shrugs: revenge tends to keep a person in one's mind for awhile...

Formerly Iron_Man5

That could be interesting, if Vengence even remembers Lhikan (and consequently can comprehend him coming back from the dead). 

Well considering that he made it a life goal to kill off that Toa, I think he wouldn't forget him anytime soon. :shrugs: revenge tends to keep a person in one's mind for awhile...

True, but he did switch goals to Teridax, so he might not fully get the whole schizo-revival thing (plus L's a Turaga now). That might not stop him from trying to kill him though. 

Edited by fishers64

Actually Lhikan being a Turaga would make killing him all that easier lol :P Maybe he'd learn how the Red Star works, so when he does kill Lhikan, he'd want to totally disintegrate him, to try and keep him from being revived again... or something like that haha

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5