New LEGO Fantasy Theme -- A MOC Series

Nuju Metru, your MOCs never fail to impress. I remember your previous line renditions and every time I just get blown away by the way they look like legitimate sets. I look forward to future additions to this new collection!

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Was the Fythold Ultimate Dragon meant to invoke the feel of How to Train Your Dragon? I say this because it features a black dragon tamed and ridden by a shaggy brown haired dude. :P Either way, these are all very well done. They remind me of your Lord of the Rings sets, and like those sets, they're higher quality than some of the sets real Lego has been releasing of late.

The dragons are all beautiful, but I have to ask: do they stay together very well? What kind of mobility do they have?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Great work, good sir. Just a heads-up, though, some of your images are pulling up a Flickr error message.

That's been fixed - I had to replace a few images on Flickr, so there was a brief period where some of the links didn't lead to anything.

Was the Fythold Ultimate Dragon meant to invoke the feel of How to Train Your Dragon? I say this because it features a black dragon tamed and ridden by a shaggy brown haired dude. :P Either way, these are all very well done. They remind me of your Lord of the Rings sets, and like those sets, they're higher quality than some of the sets real Lego has been releasing of late.

The dragons are all beautiful, but I have to ask: do they stay together very well? What kind of mobility do they have?

Maybe a little "How to Train Your Dragon" - I hadn't thought actively about it, but you're right! I'm glad you like the sets.

As for the dragons, they're extremely mobile - they have over 30 points of articulation - but are also quite stable, as stable as I could manage. They stand on four legs easily, and with a little finagling will balance on two, as well. The most delicate sections are the jaws and toes, which are only held on by standard clips, but as those aren't massive or in prime "holding areas," I don't see them as terribly fragile. The bulk of the bodies are quite durable, being made of Knights Kingdom/Exo-Force joints, which offer tons of mobility while maintaining stability. The wings are dominantly Technic frames, so they're probably the sturdiest parts.

• Upvote 1

test2.png

These are really great! All of them look like they would make excellent sets, with plenty of playability and simple-yet-compelling builds.

The one thing that'd probably be different is that real sets would have yellow-skinned minifigs instead of fleshies, but all in all these concepts are amazing!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I am blown away by the skill you've presented with these! I remember seeing your LotR stuff and other Castle things designed as sets, but this is even better than that! They are very believable as sets, both in build, colors, presentation and price. Furthermore, they are great MOCs in build, design, structure and appreciation for real-world examples.

I'm bummed these weren't at BrickFair, especially since they would be so different next to standalone castles and the like. I'd love to see these in person. It was really fun playing with your functional trebuchets and catapults one year. This is such a unique idea--people have designed MOCs like sets, but you take it a step further.

I feel like a few of those price points might be a bit off, like a $10 set with four minifigures, especially since you have some $13 sets, but one can dream. I figure sticking with the ten cents a piece ratio works well for this.

Looking forward to year two!

-CF

(LEGO should hire you for the Castle line. You clearly know what you're doing.)

• Upvote 1

nexo_shields_9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh darnit, I wish these were real. I'm sure Lego could pull it off with those new tiny ball joints used for the mixels an' whatnot. They're probably just reluctant to make more delicate looking dragons like these, though I personally find them much more charming than the usual huge, blocky dragons we see in lines like Ninjago.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...