All Series 12 Collectible Minifigures Revealed

In a reveal that didn't come from Comic Con, the full lineup of the twelfth series of Collectible Minifigures has been found. You can see the group shot on TheBrickFan's page, and figure out which ones you'll be searching for. They're set to be released in October, but will continue to sell at the higher price of $3.99.

View the full article

Can't really put my finger on why, but this wave doesn't really appeal to me as much. Maybe it's because a lot of these ideas look too similar to previous minifigures (swashbuckler, battle goddess, whatever that shirtless guy is), or just don't have very appealing pieces (piggy guy, fairy tale princess, pizza guy, video game guy). The wizard and Dinosaur Hunter are cool, but that's really the only thing here that looks worthwhile to me. : / 

BZPRPG

Love this series. My thoughts on each one:

• Gamer: Awesome gamepad, awesome shirt, looks great all-around. Other pics have shown that he carries a USB flash drive on a keychain attached to his jeans. Would be neat to see a "gamer girl" in a future series!
  • Prospector: No surprises here. He looks great, but not necessarily distinctive. The hat and beard are both nice, at least.
  • Rock Star: Pretty awesome! That guitar is out there, but overall he looks quite metal.
  • Swashbuckler: Straight off the cover of a romance novel, this Errol Flynn lookalike proves there is no shirt too open or flowy. Very neat.
  • Jester: This guy's color scheme is top-notch on its own, being unlike anything we've ever seen or would be likely to see in a factional castle theme, and his playing cards seal the deal.
  • Fairytale Princess: Somewhat mundane. But her colors are nice, and it's good to have a new "princess hat".
  • Spooky Girl: Goth clothes! Beat-up teddy bear! Really she's one of the standouts of the wave. She's distinct from previous horror figs in how she seems to draw from modern horror movie tropes rather than classic monster movies.
  • Pizza Delivery Dude: Finally, a Lego pizza that actually looks like a pizza! And a box, too! Hoping this pizza or a similar one becomes standard across other Lego themes. I wonder what his hat says?
  • Hun Warrior: Looks neat, even if the horns are probably inaccurate. I'm not much for historical figs, but I'm sure a lot of people will like him.
  • Genie Girl: One of the ones I'm actually disappointed in—I had been hoping for something more red, pink, or purple to contrast with the existing Genie! She looks good, but just not what I had hoped for.
  • Lifeguard: Fairly mundane. I had hoped maybe for a face with sunscreen, but the sunglasses are cool too. His trunks will be good for adding variety to crowded beach scenes, and the red binoculars are neat, but ultimately he doesn't offer a lot that's new.
  • Wizard: GORGEOUS. So much glitzier than the wizards we typically get in Castle or Licensed themes, and I love the brimless hat.
  • Dino Tracker: Looks super-hardcore. Her top has rips in it, presumably claw marks, and it's nice to see the compound bow reused. Also, you can never have enough cargo pants.
  • Space Miner: Super distinctive and awesome looking! As always I love the use of the unicorn horn as a small drill, and it works great with the new orange space blaster.
  • Battle Goddess: Awesome mythological figure with a sweet skirt! She looks great.
  • Piggy Guy: Not the biggest fan of the animal-suit minifigs, but he looks great regardless. Would be a good mascot for a BBQ joint MOC.

Overall, I like the looks of this series. And unlike many fans, I'm not at all bothered by the price hike. In my neck of the woods past series have often run out within maybe a month of release, and hopefully the higher price will give the sets a little bit more longevity on store shelves.
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My daughter like the Rock Star because he can love the Punk Rock Girl, the Fairytale Princess because she is a four year old girl, the Spooky Girl becaus she had a sad teddy bear, the Genie Girl also because of her age and gender, and the Piggy Guy just because.

I like them all but I really like the life guard because of his head that reminds me of this. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpb176

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Okay, I really don't like this series of Collectible Minifigures, almost all of them look really bad looking.

Video Game Guy: even if I do like it, it looks lazily made because beside the hair and control piece it would be something you may see in a normal set.

Prospector: I don't like anything about it and the only thing I think you can use with him beside collecting is making a prospect mine.

80′s Rocker: The only thing I like about it is the guitar.

Swashbuckler: same thing with the Prospector but may need three more of them to make a 80s band.

Jester: Okay I do like that they made him in a different color but I would haaaaaaaaaaaate if I get like 2000 of him.

Fairytale Princess: Don't care. 8

Spooky Girl: Only like the bear.

Pizza Delivery Guy: All I see good is the pizza, the pizza box and the hat, it's good but with out any of those, it's just would be a normal City Minifigure.

Hun Warrior: okay but I don't like the hate piece.

Genie Girl: I don't like the torso, face and hair but I fit it funny that this one genie have yellow skin while the last one have blue.

Lifeguard: I do like this one but I think the hair would be better if it was this piece. Plus the face remind me of this piece, maybe think it a new version of it.

Wizard: It's okay but I still don't like it.

Dinosaur Tracker: I do like this one but it's just a minifigure that would be in the LEGO Dino theme.

Space Miner: I like a lot of things about this one just I think he should have something else besides that armor piece.

Battle Goddess: It's okay but don't like it that much.

Pig Suit Guy: The only thing I don't like is that it shows the minifigure face.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

A fun game I like to play with my wife when I find out about a new wave of minifigures is to try to put together some kind of story that involves as many of the figures as possible...

The Spooky Girl is a lonely preteen, who has just moved to a new school. Most of the people around her think that she has an over active imagination and that the stories she tells of Wizards and Warrior Goddess just come from her head, until she meet Video Game Guy and takes him to a magical world where most of this wave really exist.  Everything is fine until her crazy neighbor breaks in dressed as a pig. He wants to do something horrible to Spooky Girl but Dino hunter and Space Miner fight him off. After time goes by Spooky Girl and Video Game Guy spend more time in the real world, getting pizza delivered, going to the beach and going to rock concerts.

• Upvote 2

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

So excited for this. Love all the new character line up. My minifigure series are completed from series 1-11, The Lego Movie, The Simpsons + MrGold. Counting the days to come when they do come out in Oct. This will be another good addition to my collection.

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

So excited for this. Love all the new character line up. My minifigure series are completed from series 1-11, The Lego Movie, The Simpsons + MrGold. Counting the days to come when they do come out in Oct. This will be another good addition to my collection.

Wow, that's impressive! I'd love to see pictures of your collection sometime.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wow, that's impressive! I'd love to see pictures of your collection sometime.

Thanks. Here is a video I made a few days ago. ^.^

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

I kinda want to get the pizza guy and video game guy and perhaps the pig costume.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the wizard, as there have been others in the past.

©1984-2014 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life