Favorite Makuta Poll

Favorite Makuta  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a poll on your favorite Makuta.  Enjoy.

Edited by TheKanohiIgnika

TheGeekIgnika, the caffeinated cyber-ninja.  Or just some idiot with a computer.  You choose.

If I sounded like a geek in this

post, you are correct.

"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.  It means never having to play it cool about about how much you like something.  It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult.  Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.  Even me.

Honestly I can't say that any of the others come close to Teridax/Makuta even if I liked some of the others.  He did have about five years of development as opposed to just 1-2 with the others.  You could say I'm especially a fan of the beginning story and up to the Metru Nui story.  He was just the perfect villain for the story imo.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Of the choices presented, I would have to say Teridax, because he will always be the Makuta to me.

However, I must point out that not all known Makuta are on this list. You're missing Kojol, Tridax, and the Makuta of Stelt. The latter one has basically nothing to his name (he doesn't even have a name), but after writing An Even Exchange to expand on his aims and ambitions (see below), I actually have something of a soft spot for him, so I would probably have voted for him if Teridax weren't an option.

Really, having Teridax on the ballot just nullifies everyone else. None of them can really compete. If you were to remove Teridax as an option, I think you would see a much more diverse arrangement of votes.

Edited by Yaldabaoth
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Alright, should be fairly obvious who I chose (It was Teridax.). But that's just because he's the villain I grew up on.

However, if I didn't have a soft spot for Ol Terry my choice would have been Krika because the idea of a Makuta who has at least some morals is a interesting one to me.

• Upvote 1

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I can't argue against Teridax. Miserix isn't that bad either, and I also have an interest in Mutran and Chriox, they being "scientists." Vamprah could have shot up to the top if he had as much time as Teridax for character development.

There are also two named Makuta missing from this list, Kojol and Tridax.

• Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

When I saw this title, I hoped you would have two separate questions, one not including Teridax, or make it multiple choice. :P I had to pick Terry.

Icarax is a top contender for me otherwise, and Antroz always fascinated me. I like almost all of them, though, it's hard to pick a genuine favorite other than You Know Who.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Teridax. There are no equals. 

Miserix gets points for this scene though: 

A trader on the island of Stelt would, over the course of his life, see pretty much everything at least once. The place was a crossroads for the crooked, the desperate and those just looking for fast money, or a deal best kept hidden from Toa. This particular trader, though, had recently seen more than he would have wished. A small group of warriors, including the hated Roodaka, had stolen one of his best ships. Worse, they had done it in such a way that no one would even believe it had happened. Things had at last settled down though. He had managed to find a replacement ship and recover those members of the old crew who were still alive. It was back to business as usual, at least until a 20 foot-tall dragon tore the roof off his shop.

"Where's Teridax?" the dragon growled.

"Teridax? Who or what is that? And how would I know?" said the trader, reaching frantically for a weapon, and coming up with nothing better than a cracked Kanoka disk.

"I know Stelt," said the dragon. "A Nui-Rama doesn't buzz on the Tren Krom Peninsula without you scum hearing it. So I'll ask again, where is he? Where is the Makuta of Metru Nui?"

"I don't know! I swear it!" shouted the trader.

The dragon scooped his victim up in a great claw. "I don't have time for this. I have places to be, and bodies to break. I want you to send out a message to all your friends, to everyone who sails in and out of this island. Tell them Miserix is back, and when I find him, Teridax is dead!"

I also liked Alt. Teridax and thought Vamprah was an interesting being simply because of the unanswered questions around his lack of talking.  

Edited by fishers64

I voted for Teridax because I feel that he is the most awesome Makuta I have ever seen, because of his big plans to conquer the Matoran Universe, and then, the real universe, including Bara Magna.

I also feel that Icarax and Antroz are the second best.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Teridax is obviously a top pick, but I also liked Krika for his moment of "mercy" towards Gali. His set design was one of the cooler ones in 08, as well.

• Upvote 2
"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

I chose Teridax because he IS the Makuta and he had power for over a thousand years (correct me if I'm wrong) he was the main villain in the story line from its early years to the end, but I must say some of the other Makuta would have been a good choice.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Teridax because he IS the Makuta and he had power for over a thousand years (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd like to try to answer this, but it would help if I knew what you meant by power. :) The main example of a thousand years being relevant is in the time between the Great Cataclysm and the coming of the Toa Mata (and related events through to Teridax's death). He was in charge of the Brotherhood for longer than that, and assigned to rule Metru Nui even longer. The exact dates can be found on BS01's timeline if you're interested. If you mean ruling the Brotherhood, yes, that was a lot longer than a thousand years. If you mean ruling the giant robot, though, that was a very short time.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Everyone, I saw your posts, and I have made the poll better to suit your needs.  I hope you understand.   :)

TheGeekIgnika, the caffeinated cyber-ninja.  Or just some idiot with a computer.  You choose.

If I sounded like a geek in this

post, you are correct.

"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.  It means never having to play it cool about about how much you like something.  It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult.  Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.  Even me.

I mean Teridax is the obvious answer, but Krika is my second favorite. He was just very different then most Makuta and I was sad when he died.

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Well, seeing as Teridax is possibly my favorite villain in anything ever, I think it's obvious who my top pick was. 

Excluding Teridax, though, my favorite is Krika. He was pretty much a morally ambiguous Makuta, and his musings and private thoughts in Swamp of Secrets and The Final Battle were really fascinating. From what I gathered, he seemed like a person who knew he'd chosen the wrong path in life but lacked the will to really change his fate. Every time he spoke of Teridax and how the Brotherhood had changed since his takeover, he seemed to imply that that was the day that the Brotherhood sealed its fate, and even at one point says something along the lines of "the shadows are the prisons we chose for ourselves." His silent rebellion against Teridax, such as sparing Miserix, added to the intrigue to his character. It's a shame such a fascinating character met such an untimely end.

I actually really like nearly all the Makuta though, they were very interesting in the short time we saw them. Muran was hilarious, and Antroz and Vamprah in particular were very interesting as well. I liked Gorast too- her fanatical support of the Plan, her psychotic nature, her utter lack of mercy for those who betrayed the Plan (she killed both Icarax and Krika in the same book!), and the way she went totally insane at the realization that Teridax had betrayed her in the end and let herself die without even escaping....it all made for an engaging, surprisingly tragic character.

Looking back on all this, I really wish we had spent more time on the Makuta. They were such a fascinating bunch. 

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Teridax because he IS the Makuta and he had power for over a thousand years (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd like to try to answer this, but it would help if I knew what you meant by power. :) The main example of a thousand years being relevant is in the time between the Great Cataclysm and the coming of the Toa Mata (and related events through to Teridax's death). He was in charge of the Brotherhood for longer than that, and assigned to rule Metru Nui even longer. The exact dates can be found on BS01's timeline if you're interested. If you mean ruling the Brotherhood, yes, that was a lot longer than a thousand years. If you mean ruling the giant robot, though, that was a very short time.

Thanks for your reply! Ive been reading his page on BS01 which is very helpful and by power I meant that he was leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta and that he had used his leadership to try and wake the Matoran as their savior, but I just wasn't confident in how long he was ruling, thanks for you response it was very helpful!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Teridax stole leadership of the Brotherhood from Miserix about 79,100 years ago.

I see that the poll's been updated. I'm glad to see it, but unfortunately, since I already voted, I can't go back and change mine to be more in line. Just know that, excluding Teridax, I would vote for the Makuta of Stelt, because I really enjoyed getting to know him while writing An Even Exchange (below).

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I immediately excluded Teridax since he would get my vote too easily, and instead went with my technical second favorite: Krika.

There was just something about a "good" Makuta (at least compared to the others) that struck me the moment I first read about Krika, and made me consciously realize that he was definitely my favorite.

Mutran all the way. Although he, Icarax and Vamprah were the only Makuta which I never got as sets, he is just so like Vezon. Vezon is epic. And if Mutran hadn't existed, then I would have chosen Teridax and Antroz. Teridax because... well, you can't really compete with him a lot of the time, and Antroz because of his immunity to the all-too-common "Curse of the Makuta". I always hate villains who underestimate their enemies.

VBWj75sh.png

If I could actually vote again for the second poll, I'd vote Krika.

He's just so much different from the other Makuta and the fact that he actually wanted to save people showed he wasn't all that evil.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

So many awesome ones!!!

Hard choice, but overall it would have to be teridax because he is such an iconic villain.

Second choices...Krika, Miserix or Antroz...

-Silo

Kathok

• 3 weeks later...

Hm... No matter what, it is Krika. He's kind of a tragic story, to be honest. He believed that the Makuta sealed their fate long ago, and thus follows along Terry. :P

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

I think Mutran takes my favourite. I liked some of the others, too - Gorast and Icarax primarily amongst them if I recall correctly? It's been a while - but... I dunno. I found Mutran a particularly interesting character.

As for Teridax... eh. I know everyone else is saying him, but... while I liked him as a villain at first (and his ultimate victory was one of Bionicle's more epic moments, if you ask me), the way he just kept coming back, and back, and back... I have to confess that he kind of got too repetetive for him to keep my interest.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

Icarax and Kojol.

Mainly because Kojol was too awesome to exist IRL.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Unfortunately, I cannot vote, it is impossible to choose between some of my favorite characters; I only wish we had more time with the lot of them before they faced what was coming to them.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light