KIMG0003_zpsisz78r1m.jpg

Dys is one of the odder Makuta. She possesses a great affinity for plants, having studied them for most of her life. Her current appearance is the culmination of a desire to create a plant-Rahi hybrid, possessing the best features of both. As an experiment to test the viability of such a creature, she transformed herself into a plant entity herself. The results were inconclusive-the Makuta species transformed into their current state right after she changed-but she likes her new appearance, so she remained as she was.

Perhaps the oddest thing about her is that, despite being an evil-aligned being obsessed with plants, she doesn't have a vendetta against other sentient beings for perceived crimes against nature. No, Dys believes that nature is far more resilient and everlasting to warrant any attempts to defend it; If some disaster ever strikes an ecosystem, that ecosystem will rebuild in a century or so anyway, and the damage will be erased. The problem is that Dys likes to accelerate the healing process by using specialized viruses and her own Plant Control powers. Not only does she overdo it and create massive impassable jungles, she'll often attempt to create forests in barren or industrialized locales. Catastrophe usually ensues.

Dys has replaced her original Kanohi with a Great Mask of Photosynthesis as part of her transformation. The mask allows the user to absorb energy from light, revitalizing them and replenishing Elemental Energy quicker. The mask can only absorb a little energy at a time; as a result, the user needs to spend a lot of time outside or else surrounded by light sources in order to fully replenish themselves. The mask can't protect the user from Light-based attacks, since they produce too much light energy at once for the mask to absorb.

Other Pictures:

Front

Back

Ponytail

Root

Root Claw

Kriemhild Dys

Aww, how cute. He thinks he's a Toa.

Confrontation

Original Version pictures:

Original Header

Front

Side

Back

Lower Body

Lower Body (side)

Ponytail

Posing the Ponytail

Sassy Makuta

Hello, competing toyline villain...

Battling Takanuva

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob
  • Upvote 5

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Oh wow, very imposing! The header image is actually pretty scary. First thoughts were that she reminds me of Batman's enemy poison Ivy.

You've got an innovative design there, it looks very organic. I particularly like the use of Piraka minifigure spines to create parasitic vines on the ponytail. And I always knew Gresh's mask had the evil eyes.

Nitpick: I'd use a black pin instead of a red one to connect the ponytail- it sticks out somewhat. Also, I'm not a fan of the turquoise as it looks too artificial for a plant entity, though that's likely a personal preference on my part.

Great job!

I really liked the tentacles, they do look organic and fleshy, great MOC!

Agreed. Those tentacles look great. The use of IFB cocoons in excellent too. One suggestion would be to have something protruding from her back, like those spikes on the Queen Beast from HF. IMO, the teal fits in very well as it gives a toa/matoran of air feel, which corresponds to the plantlife theme going on. Overall, amazing MOC!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Oh wow, very imposing! The header image is actually pretty scary. First thoughts were that she reminds me of Batman's enemy poison Ivy.

You've got an innovative design there, it looks very organic. I particularly like the use of Piraka minifigure spines to create parasitic vines on the ponytail. And I always knew Gresh's mask had the evil eyes.

Nitpick: I'd use a black pin instead of a red one to connect the ponytail- it sticks out somewhat. Also, I'm not a fan of the turquoise as it looks too artificial for a plant entity, though that's likely a personal preference on my part.

Great job!

Thanks. I had Poison Ivy in mind when I was making Dys and when I was writing the bio (particularly the "vendetta against other sentient beings for perceived crimes against nature" bit).

As for the turquoise/teal, I wanted to give Dys a little more variation in her color scheme besidesblack, silver and one other color like some of the other Makuta figures . I was going for a more vibrant color scheme like a lot of exotic flowers have. Well, that, and I was running out of parts, so I grabbed some teal for the arms. I might switch out arms for black pieces ,though, and I'll definitely replace the pin on the ponytail. =p

Actually, now that I'm looking at her again, I think I'm might want to swap out the cocoon pieces for red ones, but I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

Agreed. Those tentacles look great. The use of IFB cocoons in excellent too. One suggestion would be to have something protruding from her back, like those spikes on the Queen Beast from HF. IMO, the teal fits in very well as it gives a toa/matoran of air feel, which corresponds to the plantlife theme going on. Overall, amazing MOC!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know if I'm going to have spikes protruding from her back.That was part of the reason I made the ponytail; so that she'd have something protruding from her top half, if that makes sense. I might put some more runners with flowers on her back, but I don't want her top half to look overly monstrous.

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

This is amazing! First off, is the name a reference to Dis, one of the Roman underworld gods?

The use of the HF spore pod things is great, as are the arms and the way the body of the Makuta is lifted by them all. The tiny arms present a nice contrast to that.

I'd also never think of using Gresh's helmet for a Makuta, but this build combined with Dys' backstory has me sold!

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

This is amazing! First off, is the name a reference to Dis, one of the Roman underworld gods?

The use of the HF spore pod things is great, as are the arms and the way the body of the Makuta is lifted by them all. The tiny arms present a nice contrast to that.

I'd also never think of using Gresh's helmet for a Makuta, but this build combined with Dys' backstory has me sold!

Actually, I named her after the city of demons in The Divine Comedy...though that Dis was named after the Roman god Dis, so technically, the name is a reference to Roman mythology...in an indirect Six-Degrees-Of-Separation way. :P

Admittedly, I chose the Gresh helmet because it was the first lime green androgynous headpiece I could think of that wasn't Natalie Breez's helmet. Turns out it works extremely well for a Makuta's Kanohi. Who knew?

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob

My MOCs:

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. First thing I thought of when I saw it was of Makuta in MNOG. Was that intentional?

The only thing that I might change is the neck - it looks a little... protruded or something.

Also, what are those glow in the dark plant things on the tentacles from? I haven't seen them before, that I can think of.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 1 month later...

This is an extremely impressive MOC. It is also one of the most usual creations I have ever seen. It has a nice flow to it that gives it a very organic appearance. The pony tail is nice and Gresh's mask works perfectly for this application. The color scheme also works pretty well. You did a good job blending the blue and the green together.

Overall a very nice MOC. Thank you for sharing.

signoff2.png

Wow... :o

Now that is impressive. Very innovative use of parts, and fantastic colour scheme. There is a clear coherence to the moc; everything just meshes together so well. Again, the colours are great and definitely not what I'd expect for a Makuta, making this all the more interesting.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Thanks for all of the comments, everyone!

I've posted pictures of the latest version of the MOC. As you can see, there's a lot more that was added. Feel free to critique and comment.

My MOCs: