The Revolving Door - Official I'm New! / I'm Back!

Makaru

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Introduction - do I post here or in a New Topic?

First, I would like to thank administrator Andrew "Black Six" again for assisting me a few months ago in getting set up here.

What do I put for my introduction? Let me say (or type) this: I am a new BZP member, but I'm not new to BZP. I can remember my brother and me getting Bionicle info and speculation here as well as from the Mask of Destiny site, beginning around the mystery and excitement of the Bohrok-Kal/Rahkshi sagas.

Ever since then, going to BZPower has been like getting Lego magazines in the mail - bread and butter for the most part. I just never became a member. All this had been coming to mind recently - in addition to how much of a wholesome staple BZP has been and how much of a "household name" certain long-standing members here have become.

And more recently, I rediscovered the membership I had somehow created-but-never-activated at some point in the past. So here I am! (maybe at long last) typing an introduction. I actually did it! I look forward to having fun sharing and participating here. Howdy, Lego folks. :akaku: :hau:

• Upvote 1

pirate wreck  

Hey everyone!  I'm new here, I just joined a week or two ago.  I first got into Bionicle in 2006, with the Toa Inika, and I eventually discovered this site as a good Bionicle news site.  I was too young to be on forums, though, but when Bionicle returned for 2015, I came to this site and finally made an account.

I'm not really the creative type, so I don't draw or do comics.  I don't MOC because I'm sorta obsessive compulsive and refuse to take apart my Bionicle (well, the Bionicle I have left; I regretfully donated most of them in 2012).

I was always super fascinated by the lore and storyline, but I read very few of the serials on BionicleStory from 2008 onwards.

I'm still looking for a username to keep.  "FolkUkulele" is probably temporary.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the amount of people I remember in this thread is staggering...

Hey all, I'm Korkoa. Used to go by Toa Korkoa: Toa of Plasma, (Wow, what a mouthful...) and before that kopaka_man. I was involved in one or two comedies, though most of my time has been spent in RPGs and Mafia games back in the day. Real life happened and I dropped off the map in about... 2009 or so? I've popped back in once or twice, but I'm hoping to make it stick this time.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

• 2 months later...

Life has been freaking hectic. Between moving, school, taking up a job as a freelance critic (it's a legitimate job [that doesn't pay anything]) and moving, I've been too busy to deal with anything forum-related. But now...

f0ee868d0cca75ec68f62d2b9bf57b16.748x431

I've been wondering what to do now that I'm back. Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

• 1 month later...

I'm back!

Left BZPower way back in 2009! Back now in full force as an AFOL! (Is AFOB (Adult Fan of Bionicle) a term yet? lol)

kynok.jpg
2015 WISH LIST: VizunaNarmoto
2016 WISH LIST: Ketar - Akida - Terak - Lewa - Pohatu - Gali - Onua - Tahu

Newest BIONICLE: Korgot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm dpolaristar. I'm a new member and didn't even know this site existed until a few days ago, (Back in my childhood we had internet till a few years ago.)

Obviously I like Bionicle, I mean anyone that is here does. However I'd like to say exactly why I'm fond of it. Most people simply go "Nostalgia" at least on this thread, however that doesn't really answer the question of what draws people towards it.

First off when I was a kid, I liked the uniqueness of having non-human characters as well as just the idea of high tech technology in a more "low tech" setting. (This was before the metru saga of course.) While other people were Marvel or DC kids, I was a Bionicle kid when it came to "boy's toys lore" (Though I'm happy to see there are some ladies that like the series, especially considering for the longest time all the female bionicles were 1/6 of the population and all lived in one village, one wonders why there are male and female Bionicles since they serve no reproductive purpose.

That being said there are some fleshed out "female" characters and there is no "sexism" in the verse in terms of what women can and can't do. (Although in the verse female/male personalities seem distinct enough that some genders are better suited to other tasks apparently (*cough* Toa of Psionics.)

That was a tangent, anyway back to Bionicle, one thing I like (Ironically that others don't.) Is how gradually it went from being a Fantasy epic with Robots to a Science Fantasy Epic with Game of thrones style scheming, betrayal, and alliances. For a toyline aimed at young boys it had surprisingly sophisticated themes and dark tones. (Granted to get the full story you had to read novels, comics, web videos, etc.)

I thought how eventually everything you thought you knew about the verse was gradually revealed to be but one part, a cog in the larger machine. I'm also glad (Ironically again) That the Gen 1 series is "over" as know it's plausible to get caught up with the wiki:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

(Can I just say this is one of the best organized wiki's I've ever seen.)

One thing that kinda annoys me is as the series went on it become more and more difficult to know the story because the novels become more necessary and the comics kinda skipped around. (You can tell even if the main lore and big picture was planned from the beginning the actual individual events was written by the seat of their pants.)

But the most important things I like about the Bionicle verse is that it's the best example of a Science Fantasy I've ever seen. Not in the sense it's necessarily the best Sci Fi or Fantasy work. But in the sense it's the best combination of Sci Fi and Fantasy were the two elements mesh together yet don't drown each other out, it has a very mystical ancient heroic feel followed archetypes of Myth and Lore, yet the world doesn't feel like the Science is fake. (The Science IS TECHNICALLY VERY FAKE.) But it never feels like how the world works and functions was simply and after thought to serve the plot or things just a generic hero sword or stuff, all of the technology, pseudo science, and laws of the word felt like they shaped the world and the people's culture. This is especially evident in Metru Nui with the Chute system, and the "science" of protodermis, disks, and mask making, and how Metru Nui felt like a city with various niches and an economy. It had higher Education(Ga-Metru), Bibliography(Onu-Metru), Assembly(Po-Metru), Research and Development(Ko-Metru), Transportation(Le-Metru), Production(Ta-Metru). I even noted how the models you could make combining the Metru sets showed a certain them. (Combining Ta, Le, and Po Metru sets to make something when those districts were focused on more practical industrial pursuits while the combined Ko, Onu, and Ga Metru sets referenced those districts being more scholarly fields.)

You also see the Science work in the backstory of how the Mataron Universe was created. (Core Wars an obvious real world allegory.)

So yeah enough about Bionicle, I also like Science and Technology, History and Culture, Psychology. I'm into the MBTI (INTP if your going to ask.) I like the philosophy of emergence as well as the philosophical undertones emerging from patterns of thought in Science. (Determinism  with Newtonian universe until Quantum Mechanics for example.)

I also like Various fictional verses and media of course. I don't feel like listing all of them, I'm also a software Engineering.

If I could have any super power it would be either Vector Manipulation, Entropy Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Exotic Dark Matter Creation, powers of that nature.

I had an account registered only for that contest thing back in 2014 but I realized "Gee I shouldn't waste this account."

So as a result, here I am to discuss stuff and things.

I came here from the TTV Message Boards as a moderator, but I have known of BZpower for a while. I used to browse the main site for news as a younger kid on BIONICLE and other themes. I never actually had gotten into the community though. I was very young when BIONICLE ended anyways. I know my older brother was active on the internet when G1 was still thriving, but I don't think he ever had an actual account here.

So how are all you guys? It's so nice to have a BZpower account and start discussing stuff with the community!

Hey, I'm Fatorak. I made this account back in November for the Golden Mask contest, but I decided I might as well use it for something more useful. So yeah, I'm gonna be more active on here, or at least TRY to be!

Hi! I'm just a bionicle dork here to talk. Been into the line since 2006, when I picked up vezok. Fun fact, the last g1 set it bought (off store shelves anyway) was piraka stars. Good way to end things for me. Of course I've picked up a few on the secondary market since.

And now g2 rolls around, and I'm back into the line full force. I Picked up all the 2015 sets, and a few 2016 as of yet. And I'm liking how things are going so far.

But hey, I'm just glad bionicle made a comeback.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I've been a huge Lego fan for as long as I can remember.  I got into Bionicle (Gali Nuva & Lehvak-Kal were my two favorites) some, but it was just before my dark ages, so I didn't get that involved.  I've recently begun to have some free money laying around and what better way to spend it than getting back into my favorite toy as a kid!

As a youngster I was always most interested in Pirates, Space (monorail& M-Tron) & anything that floated.

My girls pulled out my old Bionicle sets a few months ago which peaked my interest again and I found bzpower.  I've been lurking around for a while and finally got time to post.

Some of the new G2 sets look pretty impressive (Umarak the Destroyer looks particularly cool).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!  Awesome site.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on in YEARS, man. Years. Wow, this place has changed so much... I kinda like the old forum setup better, but meh. It's ok! Is this place active, or..?

Wow, BZpower. I never thought I'd be back. It's funny I found myself here again. It says I joined in 2006... Wow. Man, I remember going to the store and buying Bionicles all the time. Nostalgia is overwhelming.

Untitled.png.810206e4ceb9d1782fd46317df703580.png
:t:     :r:     :a:     :n:     :s:     :f:     :m_o:     :r:     :m: 

• 1 month later...

Greetings, all! I'm CobaltGale! A pleasure to meet you.

I stumbled on this website by sheer accident tbh. I was looking for ideas and suggestions on how to make a Bionicle Pathfinder or D&D game, and I stumbled onto this site and Corpus Rahkshi.

I was a BIG fan of Bionicle when it came out, and while I did stop following along around the Visorak saga, my love for the series has yet to waver. So with that being said, I'm happy to be here. Glory to the three virtues, believe in Mata Nui, tell Makuta to stop eating my Milky Ways, and...I think that's about all I wanted to say. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Greetings! Do people still say Greetings? My name Is Traykar, Traykar the Swift, and I am new to Bzpower. I've been around Bionicle since the Phantoka,I got interested in it during the stars wave,then I got a bunch of Hero Factory sets, and when Bionicle was rebooted, I thought that it would be a good time for me to start posting my mocs online. So yup, that's me.  :smeag:

• 1 month later...

What is up, my dudes? It is I, Dallior, member of the Kanohi Force and person-busy-with-school, which prevents me from staying active on BZP. But I'm just swinging in to say "No one on the Kanohi Force is dead". Except Ghidora, who's dead inside.

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BZPower I'm ToaTimeLord.

My BZPower friends call me TTL.

I'm not really new but not a returning old.

My BZP 1 year anniversary is this 16th.

(okay maybe I am a newbie.)

I mostly hang around the games and trivia topic and COT topic.

I not famous for much except going mentally crazy in Voltex's game BZPGOT then getting killed off in said game.

Edited by Toa TimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hello everyone! I am semi-active on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but I suspect that I'll be much less active in the future; I finally have my complete* collection of Kanohi on displays, ready to hang up in my apartment.

*Complete meaning I will be content if these are the only masks I will ever have; of course, if I find a pile of unclaimed cash, I have a few open spaces for some prototypes/misprints...

Anyway, I'm not sure where to put this, but here is my collection! (Before anyone asks, none of these masks are for sale.)

The Full Collection:

32126215332_2598ed3915_z.jpg

Mata:

32236958336_fffb7095bc_z.jpg

Nuva:

31465223353_41dacf3c4a_z.jpg

Matoran/Rahi:

32236960616_247d71bfce_z.jpg

Metru - Phantoka/Mistika:

32126213222_e02a3bf4a0_z.jpg

G2:

31898987920_d7396cbd03_z.jpg

That chrome-gold Mask of Water is a custom by @masonkh.

And last, but not least, Specials/Misprints/Mismolds/Customs:

31898989540_17d58f1771_z.jpg

(M) = Misprint        (P) = Prototype        (m) = Mismold        (F) = Flintsmith Custom        (S) = Silver-Topped

Row 1: Red Matatu (M), Red Ruru (M), Metru Red Ruru (S), [Empty Slot], [Empty Slot], Pearl Gold Ignika, Pearl Light Grey Ignika

Row 2: Black Matatu (M), Black Ruru (M), Black Huna (S), [Empty Slot], [Empty Slot], Flat Dark Gold Vahi, Orange Vahi

Row 3: White Matatu (M), White Ruru (M), White Mahiki (S), [Empty Slot], [Empty Slot], Pearl Gold Kraahkan, Five-Hole-Chin Kraahkan (m)

Row 4: Green Matatu (M), Green Ruru (M), Metru Green Matatu (S), Pakari w/ Numbers on Forhead (P), Trans-Light Green Miru, Flat Dark Gold Kraahkan, Six-Hole-Chin Kraahkan

Row 5: Brown Matatu (M), Brown Ruru (M), Metru Brown Rau (S), Trans-Yellow Kaukau (P), Transgerine Miru (F), Movie Edition Kraahkan, Four-Hole-Chin Kraahkan

Row 6: Blue Matatu (M), Blue Ruru (M), Metru Blue Komau (S), Trans-Light Blue Kaukau (P), Painted Metru Blue Matatu, Mask of Power, Turaga Dume Pehkui

Row 7: Copper Huna (EU), Copper Komau, Copper Huna (US), Gold Pakari (m), Metallic Purple Pakari (F), Copper Huna (EU), Infected Mata Hau

• Upvote 2
gallery_114868_370_4342.png

Hello everyone! I´m Toa Kazoreem.

I am someone very interested since years in the kanohi collection (even I have one in progress) and some sets.

Possibly I may be seen sometimes in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums because that.

Also I'm very interested in the customization and making of masks too, but I never painted one and I´m looking for tips for this since long time ago (for making kanohi in resin too).

Regards  ^_^

You know, I realize I didn't even bother to introduce myself and just assumed people would remember me. Ha, I'm cute. 

So I've been around for over twelve years now, with a few breaks in there that probably lasted a combined three years or so, so I've spent a lot of time on this site. Most of my energy was spent on the roleplaying games, and I earned a reputation in those circles. Sort of an old guard sort, I ran a few contest BRPGs, played infamous villains in the BZPRPG, was a staff member for a short while, developed a penchant for leaving and coming back like a fickle thrift shopper.

I also did work in the COT (now OTC) RPGs, ran one of the strongest Star Wars RPGs for a while, and have been a Judge down there for about as long as RPG Judges have been a thing. My blog used to be one of the more well read ones, but I haven't touched it in years now. I've been to a few conventions, in it more for the fellowship than the building, and just genuinely like to connect with people. :)

(Also I thought I was going to just disappear again but it seems I've been drawn back to the BZPRPG for an indeterminate length of commitment, lol)

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

^for what it's worth, I definitely remember you from back in the day.

Back again after quite the lengthy departure from BZP. Always love peeking around again, quite the nostalgic kick.

I was primarily involved in CoT, specifically the Runescape group here. Few of us still play that old game.

Also was into the MOC contests.

And fun fact, I own every single Bionicle from 2001-End. I do not own the new reboots. That was sort of my claim to fame.

Good to be back.

BZPChat

I've just come back to BIONICLE after a loooong time away.

I joined because I was lurking around the RPG forum (I played a bunch on other sites), saw an idea I liked and wanted to give it the thumbs up. Turns out I'm now responsible for making that game, so yeah, I guess I'll be staying for a while.

• Upvote 1

ppg2.png

Hello peeps! I'm a bit of a newbie here. Bionicle (and Lego in general) was one of my favorite toy lines as a kid, and, when I was older, I still found myself enraptured with the story, even though I had stopped buying the sets a few years before. While I still do pull out my big bin of Lego pieces from time to time, I tend to do more drawing and writing than building. Anyway, hope to have a nice, long stay here! :)

(And, before anyone asks, I drew my avatar myself)

I joined this board 16 years ago...Wow, time flies! I was 13 when I joined, now I'm 29. Obviously I'm nowhere near as active here as I was when I joined so very many years ago, but I still pop in from time to time. I still have all my Bionicle sets and eventually hope to find space to display them all once more.

Any of my old buddies from BZC still around on here? Good times were had back then, and good times are still yet to come I'm sure.... 

Edited by Megatahu64

blast-hornet.gif Member #473. Gator%2Blikes%2Bwheels.gif

Never posted here, but figured I might as well. Hey folks, I'm back! Used to run by the name Wingnut or Gizoid, but eh... history is history. Same account, new name, glad to be back. As someone above stated, where'd all the old stuff go??

Credit to Toa TiliusforTahuand the protodermis pool!
Thanks to Krazy Matev for Rocky!

Never posted here, but figured I might as well. Hey folks, I'm back! Used to run by the name Wingnut or Gizoid, but eh... history is history. Same account, new name, glad to be back. As someone above stated, where'd all the old stuff go??

everything from before ~october 2011 was canned. I think there was like a security issue or smth...

bBhcfWO.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

everything from before ~october 2011 was canned. I think there was like a security issue or smth...

Blessing in disguise in my case. Definitely not in any rush to relive stuff I said when I was 15 >_<

blast-hornet.gif Member #473. Gator%2Blikes%2Bwheels.gif

• 1 month later...

um.... hello.... greetings to all....

i'm mighty maximum sans.... 

been a fan of Bionicle since... well... a while. started off when my mom got me a kids meal with Matoro included, and... i've been hooked ever since.

lost most of my collection in a house fire a while back, but i've at least still got Matoro around... someplace.

i'm a massive fan of Kamen Rider(hence my name), and Undertale, along with being an avid freeform RPer. 

i hope to have a nice time here :) it'll be good meeting you all.

um.... hello.... greetings to all....

i'm mighty maximum sans....

been a fan of Bionicle since... well... a while. started off when my mom got me a kids meal with Matoro included, and... i've been hooked ever since.

lost most of my collection in a house fire a while back, but i've at least still got Matoro around... someplace.

i'm a massive fan of Kamen Rider(hence my name), and Undertale, along with being an avid freeform RPer.

i hope to have a nice time here :) it'll be good meeting you all.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy our community.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm back after being mostly and totally inactive for over a year and half a year, respectively.

The Legend Continues brought me back.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

My BZPower fiends call me TTL.

....Fiends....? I think you're gonna have to borrow a letter from my name to correct that.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png