The Revolving Door - Official I'm New! / I'm Back!

Makaru

Hey y'all, I've been semi-active for the last couple weeks, ever since I heard Bionicle was coming back. I'm probably not gonna stick around indefinitely, since I'm busy and don't want to get sucked back into a fandom, but I'm on a nostalgia trip right now. Anyone remember me from the old days?

Yessss I do! :D I was just talking about you the other day with a friend; I used to horribly mispronounce Wrinkledlion and it was an amusing anecdote :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Hey y'all, I've been semi-active for the last couple weeks, ever since I heard Bionicle was coming back. I'm probably not gonna stick around indefinitely, since I'm busy and don't want to get sucked back into a fandom, but I'm on a nostalgia trip right now. Anyone remember me from the old days?

Yessss I do! :D I was just talking about you the other day with a friend; I used to horribly mispronounce Wrinkledlion and it was an amusing anecdote :P

Oooooh how did you pronounce it

• Upvote 1

Man, I just remembered this website after finding out that Bionicle is making a return. No one here will remember me I think, I changed my username to its original (I was Toa Alperx for a good few years) and all my friends haven't been active for ages. I always used to post in the comics section, and pretty much copied some other person's (Dark709's) ideas? People seemed to like them though haha. The last time I was active on this website was 4 years ago just to check how this place is doing, and I joined 8 years ago. It's kind of depressing to think how when I joined I was about 9 years old, and the only worries I had were if my ms paint comics were funny or not and whether I could persuade my parents to buy me another lego set. Now I'm in my final year of sixth-form, I'm applying to university to do medicine, and this is probably one of the most stressful times I'm going to have in my life. Back when I was last active I didn't have many friends, I was a bit of a social recluse, and absolutely useless with girls. I've now changed all of those things. 

But this place has hardly changed. I'll try and remember to pop back in a few months and see how this place is doing.

Funny how I used to get hyped about getting my "avokhi" or whatever for being a member for two or three years, and now it's been eight. 

DUUUDE! I think I remember you! You're avatar looks real familiar to me. 

And I remember being that kid waiting for the day to get my Avokhii! :P Good times. Good times. 

• Upvote 1

I experienced some powerful nostalgia when I heard about the return of Bionicle, so I thought it was about time to visit BZPower once again. I'm glad to see that this place is still active, although perhaps not as active as it was back in the day. It's nice to see some familiar faces here too!

• Upvote 1

Oooooh how did you pronounce it

Rink-el-dee-on X. I don't know how I spent years completely misreading it and I don't know why it took me so long after I took a break from BZP to suddenly realize how wrong I was :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Ha, well it's definitely pretty unwieldy. I think I had the L in "Lion" capitalized at some point, but that fell by the wayside years ago.

To be fair, there are a lot of people whose names I'll never pronounce correctly on here. Bfahome is "Baffahome," Bonesiii is "Bones-y," and BZPower itself will forever be "BzzzPower" to me. 

• Upvote 3

Hi everyone, I joined this site back in 2006 and left BZP around 2007 or 2008. After that, I became more active in a different site. Let see, the last time I was "actively" here was in 2009 but it was only to speak with an old friend. I will always remember from BZPower that cool game called Map of Mata Nui made by Bonesii and even last year, I was trying to look for a newer availiable version which I did eventually find.

I want to mention this: It slightly annoys me how back when I was active I was told not to link to Youtube and now here we can as long it's PG-13 or lower (I don't really know). Although I was a middle schooler at the time so I never gotten the gist of this site ever.

Edited by Kamen Rider Metus
  • Upvote 1

Hello!

I made this account a year ago under the delusion that I was going to dive into the BZPRPG. Then I rethought my decision and promptly forgot about this account until the leaks about Bionicle 2015. And so I came back here to celebrate (I came to the main site all the time when Bionicle was still around), and figured I might as well get a little more involved here~

If you're a fan of Doctor Who, Avatar/Korra, RWBY, Pokémon, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, etc., etc. (Bionicle is kind of a given), we'll get along famously. : D that isn't to say i won't get along with you if you don't like those things...

Edited by Jahu
  • Upvote 2

So no one will remember me, but with all the hype about Bionicle returning I just had to come back! I used to be on the forums every day when I was younger...and when I say younger I literally mean like 10 years ago (Bless the Great Spirit, am I old!)

My username used to be DaimondGali or some such like that. I even spelled diamond wrong and everything. Hahaha so here I am again. Hello everyone! :)

• Upvote 3

*~* Oh Hello! *~*

Well, this is something. Found out Bionicle was coming back next year by typing "there are no breaks on the hype train" into Google and decided to see if my account was still here. Its stats have been completely wiped (probably due to the insane amount of changes around here) so it looks like I'm new but I joined waaaaaaay back in 2001 (I feel old...). I see the place uses Gravitar by default so that's why you see Twilight Sparkle sleeping instead of whatever I had all those years ago. So yeah, I'm back!

• Upvote 1
qs74.jpg

Well, this is something. Found out Bionicle was coming back next year by typing "there are no breaks on the hype train" into Google and decided to see if my account was still here. Its stats have been completely wiped (probably due to the insane amount of changes around here) so it looks like I'm new but I joined waaaaaaay back in 2001 (I feel old...). I see the place uses Gravitar by default so that's why you see Twilight Sparkle sleeping instead of whatever I had all those years ago. So yeah, I'm back!

Wow! Always great to see someone from way back in the day. Welcome back!

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I was just directed here from the off topic side of business by a super nice mod, apparently you can't copy into posts here so i'll make it short and sweet.

I made this account in 02, so I was probably active a bit later than 03 which is what I originally thought, got out of bionicle, grew older. became an open star wars geek, heard bionicle was coming back. here I am. cheers!

Well, I've technically been back since May, but I've only really been posting again in the last few days so

Hi everyone. I've been on and off this website for about ten and a half years, if I include the time I spent lurking before I made an account. I was called Cohrii back in the day, then I switched to Jackson Lake sometime in 2009, and shortened my handle to Jacks in December 2012. I used to hang out in the library forums, thought I was going to be a prolific author of short stories, but only ever wrote like 3 or 4 mediocre pieces a year. Then in '06 I joined the Dino Attack RPG in what was then the LEGO General Discussion subforum, and from then on I basically never posted outside LGD. Except for following the occasional epic (and for being largely inactive for most of '07 and '08).

hey

hey Wrikledlion

I totally remember following your Krahiki epics I don't remember if I ever commented on them but they were wicked cool did you ever finish book 2)

After we wrapped up the DARPG in December 2012, I tried to run an RPG based on LEGO Universe, and it fell through and died, and I drifted away from BZP (mainly due to joining tumblr, which -- unlike the slow pace of a forum -- is constructed for not just instant gratification, but constant gratification) but Bionicle's imminent return has drawn me back here once again. Hope to see more new and familiar faces (well, handles and avatars) around here in the months to come!

Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Well, I've technically been back since May, but I've only really been posting again in the last few days so

Hi everyone.

Welcome back Jacks! Good to see you again!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Hi everyone.

Welcome back Jacks! Good to see you again!

thank!! Good to see you too c:

hey

hey Wrikledlion

I totally remember following your Krahiki epics I don't remember if I ever commented on them but they were wicked cool did you ever finish book 2)

nah, but I can give you spoilers if you're into that

I'd have to reread them first, so I might just remain content to fondly and distantly remember them :rolleyes: Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

See, case in point -- I hadn't even remembered that Krahiki had gotten krana'd until you mentioned it. The last think I remember is him and some other bros in a tunnel and Krahiki insisting that everything is totally normal even though there are cleARLY GAHLOK RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Sorry, sorry, hate to make a mess on my first visit, but I figures its only correct to introduce myself to a folks that I have been spying on some... I guess 6, maybe 7 years? Yeah, I have been coming here regulary for the past few years, very nice site.

I remamber back when I was 11 and I had that Disney magazine while on vacation with my parents. And then... Like a thunder flash in the sky, like that one moment in your life that changes everything... I fliped it over... And there it was. Six robots standing on the pyramid looking as awesome as anything. Big "Bionicle" headline on top of the page, small Lego logo next to it. And ofcourse a little giveaway where they had Gali, Tahu, Kopaka and Lewa. Ofcourse I didnt won anything, but no biggie. Onua was definite first choice for me since seeing his hunched, clawed self standing next to triumphant looking Tahu. And then when I finally had it, when I checked the lore. I was hooked. I was hooked from the get go. I didnt had any other mata other then Onua and Onua Nuva was the first one I had from the second generation. And boy were the toys and story wonderful. Tropical setting, six heroes that looked awesome, monsterous enemies and an epic story of good vs evil. I couldnt belive how nice those figures were and even more... How unexpensive they were. 

I didnt exactly followed the story very tightly, it become very complex and I become dormant somewhere around Mahri figures and pulled back in when Phantoka surfaced. Anyway, I cant tell you how overjoyed I was with the latest news. So much in fact that I finally decided to join this forum. 

I am 23 years old, a student and a part time high school teacher. I come from a little country called Croatia. I love stuff like Star Wars, LOTR and Transformers and I am crazy about movies and music. Thats it from me for now, cheers!

See, case in point -- I hadn't even remembered that Krahiki had gotten krana'd until you mentioned it. The last think I remember is him and some other bros in a tunnel and Krahiki insisting that everything is totally normal even though there are cleARLY GAHLOK RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

OH YEAH. I forgot about that. That was because Vitara was subtly influencing him so that Krahiki would get himself Krana'd. 

Good times, my friend, good times. 

Hey, spoiler alert, guys? I was vaguely interested in reading those, AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE. THEY'RE RUINED FOR ME. I'M GOING TO GO CRY IN A CORNER NOW.

• Upvote 1

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OH YEAH. I forgot about that. That was because Vitara was subtly influencing him so that Krahiki would get himself Krana'd. 

Good times, my friend, good times.

Hey, spoiler alert, guys? I was vaguely interested in reading those, AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE. THEY'RE RUINED FOR ME. I'M GOING TO GO CRY IN A CORNER NOW.

No friend do not cry! Enough goes down in book 1 that you'll forget all about this by the time you get to book 2!

• Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Just logged into my old account for the first time in nearly a decade. I really should be called Bionicle Man at this point, I suppose!

Was the forum rebooted? I was curious to see if I could access my old posts, but I don't seem to be able to.

It's nice to see this place is still around. The pending reboot has piqued my interest, so I thought I'd revisit my first ever fandom.

Unity, duty, destiny!

Well I guess I've been easing my way back into the site sine this summer, but back in the day I used to make some MOCs and silly comics (the forums were brutal, and very competative back then), but eventually thanks to an old user named Arbiter (doubt Arby is still around) I made my way to the xat chat along side Meso Zehvor, Eljay, Venom, Varendar, iPenguin, Arbiter, UK, Khols, Gavla etc. Great group of people really. Mostly comic makers, and overall pleasant fellows. I wonder how many are still around. :/

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Was the forum rebooted? I was curious to see if I could access my old posts, but I don't seem to be able to.

It's nice to see this place is still around. The pending reboot has piqued my interest, so I thought I'd revisit my first ever fandom.

The forum was offline and then re-launched in 2011. The former forums were archived as a reference, but were corrupted by a hacker and were eventually taken fully offline for good.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Alright, probably should have posted this here about a month ago but better late than never, right?

Anywho, I'm The Undertaken. I got into Bionicle back in '01, was a fan for a while, started collecting the comics shortly after the Bohrok arc started, stopped getting them after the first Metru-Nui comic. Collected some of the books and as many of the sets as I could. Never got involved with online stuff until just recently. Heard about the rumors of the reboot on the Starbound forums of all places, which led to me hunting around for Bionicle stuff, which ultimately led me here.

The rest is history.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Hello Peoples!

I guess I should (Re)-Introduce myself. I'm Jalina T.T.! I joined BZP aaaaaaalllll the way back in 2007 under the name Karate Girl. My name morphed a few times through the years, from Karate Girl to Karate Kid to Jalina Taekwondo Toa and finally to Jalina T.T. I was most active on the comedy forums, writing stories like BZPower 101 and Road Trip! and critiquing others. (Including some of my stories that, looking back, I'm really glad are lost to the mists of history.) I later joined the Comedy Critics Club, of which I eventually became a Curator (Da Boss!) Then, something tragic happened; BIONICLE ended. I hung around the forums for a while longer, but then they went offline. In that little space of time before they came back, I started my (Senior?) year of high school and became more focused on important things like scholarships and LOTR. I tried to return a few times, but I just couldn't find the interest. 

Then, last month, I heard from a fellow student that BIONICLE was returning. I was excited, and I peered back into the forums that I had abandoned for things like College. It had shrunk while I was gone, but held the promise of growing.

So now I'm back. I don't know yet if I will have the same amount of activity as I did in the old days and revive the CCC, or if I'll only peek on every few days or weeks to see what's jumpin'. All I know is that I'm Happy to be back.

• Upvote 2

Defy Expectations

Seeing a few familiar faces in here! I remember people!

And I appear to be back too! I mean, I sort of never really left, but it's also been a long, long time since I paid much attention to anything besides a brief glance at the news page. Can't guarantee I'll be exactly active - I'm all grown up with a job and everything - but I expect I'll poke my head in every now and then!

So yes, I am Danska: Shadow Master. Back in the day I wrote a few story things (I slightly dread re-reading them. I fear the quality may not be what I thought it was) and, perhaps more well known, I created the self-aggrandisingly titled Danska's Bionicle Builder! If anyone still pays attention to that, I recently shoved a more up-to-date version of the Toa Builder online. It's also just possible I'm having a poke at Hero Factory stuff (and if anyone knows where to find crystal clear images of the front of all the parts with some reference for scaling purposes that would be great!), but I make no promises.

Now enough of the self-advertising! Looking forward to seeing what the new Bionicle stuff is like, and may even pick up some of the sets. If I can work out where to put them. Seriously, I have no space for any of that stuff anymore.

Did I mention my habit of making posts go on for too long? I do that. So I'll stop now.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Hi everyone! I am Rygy221, I have lurked here for about half a year (mostly looking at the customs and reviews). I have been a fan of BIONICLE since 2006 when I first saw the Inika on the shelves. I can not wait for new BIONICLE sets to start appearing on the shelves!

Hello, I'm OnuaNut.

You may remember me from such things as "The Matoran at Home" and "This Old-Timer Has Gone Crazy".

(Well, maybe not that last one :rolleyes:)

*ahem*

I started lurking in 2001 and finally made a commitment to BZP in July of 2002. (My aunt said it was a beautiful ceremony). During my time here I've enjoyed writing comedies, goofing off in the CoT forum, eating waffles, and discussion something called Barnicles. Years later, like a bad soap opera (as if there's any other kind), I went into a metaphorical coma only to awaken earlier this summer by runaway Hype Train. By now you'll either visited, or thought about visiting my profile, so I won't go off on any more of a tangent  :P.

I look forward to (continue) seeing y'all in the forums! :pakari:

Edited by OnuaNut
  • Upvote 4
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]