Tahnok

WOAH! This is completely epic! I've always loved the Bohrok too, and this is a perfect representation of one! If Bohok were real, this is how I would picture one, but without the studs and axles of course.

Edit: Does the head go back and forth like the original?

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The thing about making revamps of Bohrok is the difficulty on improving what is already a fantastic set. The other option is to redesign the set with a slightly different and personal take on it.

I am awed that you were able to do that, cleverly using those System pieces. It has a organic feel, especially with the face. I love the four eyes. But it also has an armored feel, with the large chunks of pieces. The Krana cage is very nicely designed; it's great you made it without the classic head plate. It adds a touch that makes the Bohrok appear mechanical and, with the eyes, alien. The mandibles, while great, feel slightly oddly positioned when looking at it when the neck is extended. It is all the more great, by the way, that it is capable of extending its neck!

The custom shield is also very impressive. It resembles the original, and is simple but smooth and great enough to be a highlight. The feet likewise are simple, but matches perfectly with the rest of the design.

The Tahnok Va is dwarfed by the Bohrok, but is nicely designed. It also has a bug-like feel, but more of a thin insect than a heavy beetle. The construction isn't complex, but works well enough to complement the Tahnok.

I cannot stop staring at this beautiful MOC, which is the best of a Bohrok I have ever seen. You seem to have hit all the right chords of what the Bohrok are, and created a stunning representation. Might you be making the other elements in the swarm?

Edited by V-N
  • Upvote 2
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

As a fellow Bohrok lover, I have to say this is amazing! It flows so smoothly stylistically and instantly reminds me of the Bohrok. It's great that you threw the neck in there, as the Bohrok wouldn't be the same without it. The Va is also great as just a quick addition. My favorite part would have to be the head. It still resembles the Tahnok's shield (both yours and the set's) while looking distinctive enough to look like it's own head. The round HF armor was a great choice there.

Because this isn't quite how I'd imagine the Bohrok, I may be a bit partial to the old sets in saying it needs a bit more black to break up the solid bright red and orange. I'm not a great fan of the lower legs or feet after the huge, thick body tapering into tiny ankles, and somehow the feet just don't look quite right to me.I'm not even sure what you could replace it with either. The claws too seem a bit off of what I'd imagine. Maybe just completing the circle of the shield rather than a sudden, flat transition to orange at the back would help.

I haven't seen many Bohrok revamps (for all their awesomeness, they had a lot of extremely specialized pieces), and this is by far the best one I've seen.

That is darn impressive. It makes me think of an alien, with the four eyes and exposed "brain". And it's flame claws look like some sort of plasma cannons, which is awesome. Honestly I have no complaints, it looks really nice.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

The alien-bug look is awesome. I think the teeth are the best part of the Tahnok, and the way they're positioned next to the eyes, it makes them look like an angler fish. I like this Tahnok more than the original one, because it has more detail, especially in the facial expression, which the original Tahnok lacks.

Great work!

Edited by Snubby

2xu8Ptu.png

I have never seen anything like this. Tahnok and Tahnok Va have been completely recreated, from completely different pieces, and yet they look instantly recognisable and awesome! My jaw dropped when I saw Tahnok. The bug-like face is brilliant - had the Bionicle movies started with the Bohrok Saga, I can easily imagine these in CGI form, tearing up jungles and rampaging through deserts.

Both of your creations are beautiful and you should be very proud. 10/10  :D :tahnok:

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

These are incredible! The way you've meshed system and technic is awesomesauce. I think my favourite element here is the mouth, with its blue side-pincer-things, but the cockpit is also excellent.

BTW Tahnok Va has always been one of my favourite sets, and you've done it justice X10!

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

HOLY STUFF.

This is great. I really love the sleek exoskeleton and facial details. Simply amazing.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Whoa, I am blown away! I've always tinkered with the idea of recreating the bohrok, and man you nailed it. The chassis and head you made are completely custom and it looks amazing. But my favorite part of it all has to be the insectoid eyes and teeth.  

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Wow, this changes my view on the Bohrok entirely! I know that they are supposed to be insectoid, but I always pictured them as (don't stone me) a herd of cattle or wildebeests. Despite them being bipeds, they just have the feel of one.

They stampede.

They're brutish.

I'm glad I saw this. Now I can picture them just how the designers made them to be pictured. I mean, now that I think about it, I guess they are kind of like that with their big insectoid teeth and buggy eyes.

Great revamp!

Yay! Fonts!!

The Tahnok loses a little bit of the original "completely mechanical" feel, but you made up for it with so much awesomeness! The whole thing flows together perfectly!

Edit: though poor old tahnok might need to go see a dentist after bashing his face into too many brick walls.  :P

Edited by Banana Gunz

I've always liked the Bohrok, but they never felt particularly insectoid to me. This, on the other hand, does a wonderful job of making the Bohrok feel very insect-like - particularly with the mandibles and the multiple eyes. The build is compact and aesthetically pleasing, with no wasted pieces. Both MOCs stay true to the original sets while still managing to look different and unique, which is always a challenge when revamping old sets.

Altogether, you've done an excellent job. :) Well done!

I remember as a kid reading the novels, I was confused about the description of the Bohrok as insects. I'm glad to see them finally look this way. Will you be doing the other 5?