what was your reaction of seeing bionicle in the Lego movie

Tahu3.0

I thought it was a cool shout-out. I can tell a lot of other BIONICLE fans liked it as well.

It bugged me how often people misheard or misquoted Wyldstyle and thought it was supposed to be an insult to the themes in that scene, though. Her quote was "a bunch of others we don't have time to mention", not "...we'd rather not mention" or "...that aren't worth mentioning". And considering that some of the themes featured in that montage remain wildly successful, such as Ninjago and LEGO Friends, it's clear that it was meant as a good-natured shout-out to themes a lot of people would recognize, not an insult.

• Upvote 8

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Cool, Toa Mata.

*two seconds* 

WHAT did you say about my favorite toyline? <_<

That there's not enough time to explain it in a one-minute montage? Aanchir went over this very misconception several posts ago.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Cool, Toa Mata.

*two seconds* 

WHAT did you say about my favorite toyline? <_<

That there's not enough time to explain it in a one-minute montage? Aanchir went over this very misconception several posts ago.

Yes, I know. Bionicle doesn't fit into the story of the Lego movie, and that reaction wasn't very logical. But the topic asked what my reaction was as I saw it, and to say that the latter sentence didn't enter my mind as I watched the film for the first time would be a lie. 

I thought it was a cool shout-out. I can tell a lot of other BIONICLE fans liked it as well.

It bugged me how often people misheard or misquoted Wyldstyle and thought it was supposed to be an insult to the themes in that scene, though. Her quote was "a bunch of others we don't have time to mention", not "...we'd rather not mention" or "...that aren't worth mentioning". And considering that some of the themes featured in that montage remain wildly successful, such as Ninjago and LEGO Friends, it's clear that it was meant as a good-natured shout-out to themes a lot of people would recognize, not an insult.

Wow. I've never heard of anyone who took that quote as an insult. I mean, really, why would Bionicle, Ninjago, or any of those other themes even be in there if not to pay respect to Lego's long and storied past?

Anyway, I loved it. The Toa Mata are still darn good-lookin' sets even today.  

• Upvote 1

silverbladebanner.jpg

I smiled, said, "Yes! They didn't forget it!" and was satisfied with the movie just from seeing the Toa Mata.

Yeah, basically the same. I was expecting something, and while it was essentially a very small cameo, it made the movie worth it for me.

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

I accidentally got it spoiled for myself when scrolling the #bionicle tag, but it was still great to see it myself in the theater. My little brother was with me so he got really excited about that :)

I was next to one of my friends, and he was like "wut" when I was like "ERMERGERD." I don't think he got into it as early as I did. To not recognize the Mata... that's just sacrilege.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Anybody thought that maybe bionicle could have a bigger role in the sequel coming up due bionicle's possible return in 2015?...

Even if Bionicle weren't coming back I would have said yes—the sequel will likely have much more room to explore more obscure themes now that The Lego Movie laid the groundwork for folks who don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the brand. I think the main difference is that if Bionicle weren't continuing we'd be more likely to see the classic sets or minifigs in a suitable context (like the Forest of Obsolete Products on President Business' map), whereas now that it is we're much more likely to see the new stuff and it's more likely to show up alongside more modern themes.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The guy throwing the steak is LEGO throwing that cameo at me. 

(This video does not necessarily fully represent the beliefs of the one writing this, and should not be taken seriously.)

Edited by MetaToa

Yay! Fonts!!

I was wondering if they would actually show old and succesful themes in The Lego Movie as a cameo and they certainly did. I was very pleased at the sight of it and it kept to my mind until the end of the movie. I find it funny they show Bionicle in a cameo, one year before it's supposed to be returning. :D

Edited by Rooster Nui

I was pleased they included Bionicle, even though it went by quick. Found it fun, though, and I wish there could have been more instances in the film. 

~ Shioi :)

dude they showed bionicle i can live happy im posting in the HYPE TRAIN !!!!!!!! 

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I was in a theater, so I only let out a brief, pleasantly surprised laugh; but inside I was soaking in nostalgic satisfaction.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I smiled, said, "Yes! They didn't forget it!" and was satisfied with the movie just from seeing the Toa Mata.

I knew about Bionicle being shown in the Lego Movie because I saw a video that showed them saying that

My reaction was "The Bionicle reference shown in the Lego Movie is/was true."

i was amazed 

So was I

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was an awesome shout-out to Bionicle fans. I always used to say before the movie was coming out "If they don't have a Bionicle reference, I will be ticked!". Was pleased to see it and left a smile on my face. 

I was actually really surprised by how many people in my University classes mentioned seeing Bionicle in the movie when I asked them what they thought of it. I was even more surprised when I heard a smaller kid, probably in elementary say, "Look, it's Bionicle!"

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At first since it went by so fast, I didn't really notice it, but then my cousin started to fanboy all over me that when I bought the DVD, I was shocked that I didn't notice it and was kinda sad that it wasn't included even more. Hey! I heard they are coming out with a Lego movie 2, and imagine it! Duplo monsters against the Toa!

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

• 2 weeks later...