Making 03-style Le- and Onu-Matoran

Thanks for the responses - I have come up with a building solution!

Back in 03, there was that wave of Matoran Kohlii player sets, but only Ga-, Ko-, Po- and, in the Titan wave, Ta-Matoran were actually released, leaving the Le- and Onu-Matoran to sit in a corner and feel sorry for themselves.

I've checked and the following pieces don't come in the correct green, and/or in black: the upper leg connector, the waist, and the torso.

Safe to say that at first look, it seems difficult to impossible to build Le- or Onu-Matoran, which is a shame as an animation project I may take on has Nuparu and possibly Onepu and Tamaru as characters. I don't mind rewriting, but it would be nice to include these characters.

So, does anyone know of any alternatives to these pieces? Any other ways of building 03-style Le- and Onu-Matoran? I know the most obvious answer is probably to buy a bulk of these bricks and paint them the correct colours (any suggestions for which paints to use?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jam Pot

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Um... torso piece does come in a Black, from the Rorzahk set, and the upper leg connector does come in black as well, multiple sets actually, though the one that sticks out in my mind is Hewkii mahri, though I am fairly certain there are others. 

But yeah can't help on the green parts sadly.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Um... torso piece does come in a Black, from the Rorzahk set, and the upper leg connector does come in black as well, multiple sets actually, though the one that sticks out in my mind is Hewkii mahri, though I am fairly certain there are others. 

Yeah, I was aware of those, hence the 'and/or' in black, but unfortunately the waist piece doesn't come in black. What I really need is to find a way of building something that looks similar and will fit with those pieces.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Instead of painting the piece, I dying the pieces. This would work best with white pieces. You should take a look at this video:

The guy uses acetone in the video, but as far as I know, heating it below the melting temperature works too.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

Okay then, doodleloot, I won't!  ;)

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm going to try to build an equivalent, from the instructions Piruk-MRFFB posted, but if that fails I may buy a bunch of torso and waist pieces and dye them the way the video shows.

Thanks for the help!

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

By the way, in 03' an Av-Matoran was released....

Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The first Av-Matoran, and indeed the first ever Matoran no less!  :D

My mind was completely blown when I found that out, although I'm not sure which book or comic BS01 is referencing.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

You don't need the "tail" that allows rotation. I discovered that you can replicate all its essential functions using ball joint "hands" and the 2-length pieces that have perpendicular and oblique circular and cross holes. In this way, you can make armies of Onu-Matoran (no chests though) because of the abundance of black pieces.

You won't have much luck making Le-Matoran with their correct colors though... Darn you MoL for not featuring Le-Matoran!

Edited by Zestanor
  • Upvote 1

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

By the way, in 03' an Av-Matoran was released....

If we're being technical.

I was talking about Takua. :P 

Bohrok were 2002, I think.

If you count the Bohrok-Kal then I guess 7 Av-Matoran were released.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I had a bit of a play around today and managed to make an Onu-Matoran body! Some of the photos are a bit rushed, as it's kinda' late here but I wanted to show my little Onu-Matoran off to the world.

Nuparu (complete with heatstone!)

Onepu

Hahli comparison (apt since I've been playing MNOG II today for the first time in 11 years)

Back detail

Pelvis detail

I'm pretty happy. The sizing's about right, but the only problem is that the legs can't pivot to allow him to 'walk' (which might prove challenging if I want to animate him, but I'm sure I'll think of a solution). I also gave him a Toa head as opposed to one of those zombie-like Matoran heads; his neck can turn a little bit, to compensate for the fact that unlike the official 03 Matoran, he can't turn at the waist.

That leaves the Le-Matoran, which I have no idea how I'm going to do. I don't think I have many green technic parts (if any) so I might have to deviate a little bit scale/look-wise. I plan to buy some more official 03 Matoran parts at some point, since the only ones I have are Takua, Hahli, Hewkii and Matoro, and Matoro's torso piece is cracked and has gone all yellow.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Personally, I use rahkshi "tails" with vahki torsos, bohrok-va feet, and toa mata heads

I considered that, but it normally ends up making them a bit tall, and I'm not sold on the dark grey of the Rahkshi pevlises.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Personally, I use rahkshi "tails" with vahki torsos, bohrok-va feet, and toa mata heads

I considered that, but it normally ends up making them a bit tall, and I'm not sold on the dark grey of the Rahkshi pevlises.

Fair 'nough, it may work for the Onu-Matoran, but Le-Matoran may end up looking kinda weird...

The other ideas that people came up with sound cool though!

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-