Doodled up Kongu and Jaller Inika, thought I'd share

Captain Flowers

They're not as organic as the sets made them out to be, but I like my robots as robots

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Cappy/newstuffyo/screen_shot_2014-07-30_at_9.28.15_am.png

And Jaller

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Cappy/newstuffyo/screen_shot_2014-07-30_at_9.28.26_am.png

Edit: Please keep embedded images on BZP under 750 kB!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 5
panty.jpg

I'm always a fan of that textured armor feel you give your Bionicle art.  Your take on the hau and miru is both sleek and reminiscent of a Michael Bay transformer.  The pistons you put just below the armpit connecting to the chest plate were a great little detail, especially since I've been studying anatomy and medicine and like seeing organic structures translated into a mechanical system.  I think the detail I enjoy the most, however, is the inclusion of a pouch belt for gear and ammunition.  It's not often I see Bionicle drawn with gear bags.  

I know these are doodles, but I'd love to see a more finished product showing how you'd connect the arm and shoulder to the rest of the torso, instead of just black-cloth/shading.

Those are the Calix and Suletu, Kughii. Hey, Jaller's mask here kinda does resemble Bee from AOE. But I loved AOE, so that just gives bonus points.

Anyway, you've got skills, though I'd actually say you made them look more organic than the sets did, not the other way around. I like Kongu's crossbow. Jaller's sword is a little too simple though. Overall good work.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

These look like a combination of Halo, Crysis (or what I've seen of it, which isn't much), and Bionicle.

I applaud you, sir. I'd like to see Kongu's Suletu (?) a bit more. I really like your interpretation of Jaller's Calix.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Great stuff, particularly the detailing. I'm so glad to see an artist who shares my appreciation of the mechanical aspect of Bionicle.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Ohh, I like these a lot.  The way you handled the design of the torsos, in particular, is really nice.  Brownie points for paying attention to practical posing for archery, as well.  The multiple-piece approach to the mask and head is interesting, I too would like to see some different views of them.

In some places you're already doing a good job of creating a sense of volume, especially in Jaller's upper arms, but I'd love to see what your work would look like if you did more of that.  Drawing is a 2D medium and embracing flatness is good for some things, but I think it'd add some dynamism to this kind of sketch if there was more of that sort of roundness and the armor visibly curving around the body.  Hopefully the way I worded that makes sense. -_- Anyhoo, I'm gonna have to dig up some more of your art to look at.(:

aang0tt.png

To be quite honest, at first view these didn't strike me as particularly interesting or unique, but as I took a look at the details (Jaller's ghost left arm, Kongu's various pistons and gears) I really developed an appreciation for your styling. The first drawing somewhat reminded me of a comic book cover, and pulling off a sense of action occurring in a still shot can be difficult, but you did so flawlessly. Heck, I'd put one on my wall if I saw one in a store. Overall, fine work. My only real critique is the awkwardness of Kongu's stance- it looks like one of his legs is over the other, and his upper body is twisted in response. Somewhat of an off-kilter archery position, but this wasn't very noticeable and doesn't do much to detract from what is overall a quality picture.

Edited by badabababa obesity

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.