Wall-E Reaches 10,000 Supporters on Lego Ideas

There's no denying that PIXAR's 2008 animated film Wall-E was full of garbage. Well so is the project from the film's lead animator, Angus MacLane, which just recently hit 10,000 supporters on Lego Ideas. That's right, everyone's favorite trash compactor from the future has qualified for the review stage! If you haven't already supported the project, head on over to admire the model and congratulate him!

View the full article

I'm torn. On one hand, it's yet another license theme from Ideas. On the other hand, it's WALL-E, and the model is absolutely gorgeous. Judging from the pictures even Andrew Stanton approves! Aside from that, it doesn't look like it uses any new or unusual pieces (aside from stickers) so it has that going for it. Sure it seems to lack the features the character has in the film, but I don't think that detracts from it at all.

Good luck in the review stage! Even if it doesn't pass it's still a very nice model that MacLane should be proud of.

BZPRPG

I loved the movie and would love a cute little guy like this to rest on my shelf.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

We very well might be on the EVE of some a great idea - as long as it's not too trashy.

I see what you did there. :3

----

My first reaction was definitely along the lines of "oh boy... another license..."

Then I took a look at the model and, yeah, okay, that's pretty darn good. Plus, who doesn't love Wall-E?

As always, it's great seeing things hit the milestone though. I will be interested in seeing what comes of it now - there's definitely plenty of appeal to this particular character that could help it sell well.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."