Tattoo?

Lady Kopaka

Okay, hopefully this is okay as a topic. I hide in art/writing, but wanted to check about this.

So, I am very seriously considering getting a new tattoo. I'd love for it to be themed for Bionicle. Even after I move on from it, this fandom and toyline has been a huge part of my life and I want to remember that. I already have a current tattoo based from Assassin's Creed that I got a few years ago.

So, questions:

What would make a good tattoo that is from or based off Bionicle?

What would you get, if you wanted one?

(If you don't like tats, that's okay. This is all just theoretical for you--I'm the only one risking it!)

• Upvote 4

:OMG:That is so awesome (if done right)!

Since tattoos can and tend to stay for lifetimes, I'd suggest something very neutral and classic like the three virtues or a Hau. Are there any characters/themes iconic to you? Something that has become part of you IRL? You can also take a very cool but innocent qoute. One that you could never disagree with, no matter what.

If I were to take one, I choose something that looks aesthetically pleasing to anyone who never heard of Bionicle, but it would also be nice it it made any sense to me (or to others!). I'd put the three virtues' symbol anywhere, really, if it looks good.

If I really had to get a tattoo, it would have to look something like the Rahkshi symbol.
rahkshi.png
It's just so sleek and spiky and snakey. :D

I agree with this. It's already like a tattoo (if that's what you want it to look like).

BTW, I'd first make sure if it doesn't look to geeky. You may not want to put a stamp on your look forever.

• Upvote 1

banner1.png

Three Virtues or a Great Hau would look great in ink, in my opinion. Make sure to get something relatively small.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The Hau and UDD symbol come to mind as good candidates for a Bionicle based tattoo due to their icon status within Bionicle.  

If I were to get a Bionicle based tattoo, I'd probably get one of that insanely awesome Rahkshi symbol.  

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I think that the Three Virtues symbol is as Bionicle as you can get.

If it were me, though, I'd get the vitruvian man-style Ignika symbol on my shoulder, with "Bionicle" in Matoran letters underneath.

That, or a flaming Hau that says "#OmegaTahu" underneath in Matoran letters

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Disregarding the fact that I don't really desire body art and I'm probably too much of a wimp for the needles and stuff needed to print a tattoo... :P

I would probably got for one of the original Kanohi designs. I would have a hard time choosing a single one, so maybe a set of all six? (Or maybe just a Miru, wouldn't want a Hau cause that would be too mainstream... for a niche fanbase.) That's what DeeVee did with a Kakama anyway; surprised he hasn't jumped in this topic yet, even with BrickFair. :P

:music:

I'd get either an Avohkii, or the mask of life! The Ignika is just so awesome!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Thank you for the opinions guys! Also great ideas for yourselves as well!

I was thinking about the Three Virtues even before I made the topic and seriously leaning toward it, but also wanted to see what you all had to said. I may get it this month. I'll take pics if I do. (:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, three virtues is the best in my opinion. It's not blatantly obvious as to what it is, but any true fan knows what it is, and what it stands for. 

• Upvote 1

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

You'd want to get something that identifies Bionicle as a whole. Getting just a subsect series arc like Rahkshi or Bohrok would be cool but only temporarily. If Bionicle truly means something to you, I see nothing wrong with the 3 virtues or a kanohi Hau in gold or something. It's simple, identifies what your interest is, and I feel is like likely to make you feel terrible in many years. 

I have no desire to get tattoos because as an artist I go through phases of liking then hating stuff. However, I would probably want a Hau on my right deltoid just because of it's aesthetics and coolness factor. What color, I don't know but I'm thinking gold

I have this weird relationship with tattoos. I love tattoos on other people, and I want to get a few of my own, but at the same time I don't want to commit. I think I just haven't found the right design yet.

I agree with everybody else in that the Unity, Duty, Destiny symbol is the best way to go if you want something classic Bionicle, but at the same time I think that that symbol doesn't have any....character, I guess. Its classic Bionicle, and if that's what you're aiming for, great! But as a symbol overall, its not very eye catching, in my opinion.

The rahkshi symbol is a bit more edgy, and I think it would look really cool on the spine or ribs (but it would be painful)! It's sleek and dangerous. Would that be something you'd want to portray...? I know I would  ;)

The Hau is another classic, but at the same time it would be hard to do with basic lines. You'd have to add shading to get the full effect, and wouldn't that be more expensive? I don't know, just a thought.

I'm actually surprised no one has suggested the Bohrok symbol yet. Its my personal favorite, and I think it would make a great tattoo, especially on the shoulder or deltoid. Simple, easy lines, and its symmetrical too! I think it'd be good if you wanted something more subtle and elegant.

Of course there, are tons of Bionicle symbols to choose from, but you know that. I'm sure you've already put a lot of thought into this, and if you do decide to get something I would love to see it!

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

I'd say wait until 2015 if Bionicle comes back. Who knows what cool symbols and whatnot they'll introduce this time around!

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Disregarding the fact that I don't really desire body art and I'm probably too much of a wimp for the needles and stuff needed to print a tattoo... :P

I would probably got for one of the original Kanohi designs. I would have a hard time choosing a single one, so maybe a set of all six? (Or maybe just a Miru, wouldn't want a Hau cause that would be too mainstream... for a niche fanbase.) That's what DeeVee did with a Kakama anyway; surprised he hasn't jumped in this topic yet, even with BrickFair. :P

I was trying to, but my iPod is a pain to post photos with.

Here's my BIONICLE tattoo, it's a kakama with the HT gears behind it to symbolize both the line, the hobby, and this community.

8659784898_37867f0456.jpg

• Upvote 4

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

When I was younger I always thought that if I were to get a tattoo, I'd get the UDD symbol, probably somewhere inconspicuous like my leg :P

It would be pretty crazy to get a tattoo of the entire Bionicle story on your back, like a massive collage or something. That would be pretty fanatical, but I secretly wanna see it 'cause body art is the coolest thing.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

If I really had to get a tattoo, it would have to look something like the Rahkshi symbol.

rahkshi.png

Have that tattooed along your spine xD

I would want to get it so it was wrapping around my bicep. That would look pretty incredible. (Keep in mind you have to be at least a little muscular and a male to pull it off that way, however. Your leg could also make a great place for it.)

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

There seem to be some pretty good options for cool Bionicle symbols that come to mind. I personally think that the Rahkshi symbol, the UDD, or your favorite Nuva cube face would be good for tattoos.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

rahkshi.png

Have that tattooed along your spine xD

I would want to get it so it was wrapping around my bicep. That would look pretty incredible. (Keep in mind you have to be at least a little muscular and a male to pull it off that way, however. Your leg could also make a great place for it.)

Pretty much any place fleshy. You wouldn't want it on your hand or anything.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I am not the biggest fan of tattoos. A lot of them can look tacky in my opinion. Obviously, they can have a special meaning and they are meant to appeal to whoever gets them and not to an outsider. DV's tattoo symbolises his passion for BZP and Bionicle, and you seem to have a strong affiliation to Bionicle and Kopaka, so why not something to do with him? Maybe an Akaku/Akaku Nuva? Even when it begins to fade, it will look battle worn, which would look cool, I guess.

I was trying to, but my iPod is a pain to post photos with.

Here's my BIONICLE tattoo, it's a kakama with the HT gears behind it to symbolize both the line, the hobby, and this community.

8659784898_37867f0456.jpg

Pat, that's a fantastic tattoo! Thank you for sharing!

I'm still playing around with what I want. I'm leaning toward Kopaka's Nuva Symbol on my shoulder blade, and the three virtue symbol on my upper arm, I'm just trying to think of how to make it unique.

The UDD symbol and the Rakshi symbol would indeed make for some cool, and also sort of 'neutral' tattoos as they are mostly recogniseable only to people who knew it.

But I'll just go ahead and ask, have you considered using a design based on your own works? As that would, at least IMO, be the most unique it can get. (of course, no idea whether such a thing is possible/whether you'd even want that)

Edited by Fairy Knight

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)