Dark Mirror Makuta Teridax

KCGR

img_0415.jpg

(Image will link to gallery when public.)

This is my interpretation of good old Teridax as he appeared in the Toa Empire alternate universe, who was not given any description except that he wears a Hau instead of his normal mask. So I decided to pool my three Toa Iruini parts and make this guy.

Front View

I was heavily inspired by the newest live action Transformers film's Optimus Prime design at the time, which led to the almost knightly / samurai armoring.

Back View

Under all the armor plating, he's mostly just a Phantoka Makuta build, but that's due to my own incompetence at custom torsos / limbs. 

Staff

Could have made a better weapon, but I was constraining myself from using silver pieces.

The Resistance

Also pictured are a generic Inika build of Takanuva, and a Pohatu Mata built to the size of modern day sets.

Thank you very much for clicking on this thread and looking at my MOC! Feedback appreciated.

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Upvote 2

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

Very cool! I don't think there's any shame in using a premade build if you put some cool armor on it, and you certainly did. One point of visual weakness is the ankles, which look a little skinny. Other than that, nice!

Now we need a Kingdom Teridax... Anyone have all 8 Makuta sets?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Hey, thanks. Yeah, the ankles are a bit of a weakness but I was running out of Iruini parts by that time. I'm meaning to go back and rework some parts of him so I'll add the ankles to that list.

Thanks again, and believe me, if I had the means to make a Kingdom Teridax, I would. 

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

Really cool idea! I always wanted to see something like that!

Say, you mentioned that you built it out of three Iruinis - are there a lot of other parts, or is that mostly Toa Iruini with a few extras tossed in?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Thanks for the positive comment, Wazdakka.

All of the gold pieces are from my Iruinis, whereas the rest are just a lot of black bits from my collection.

• 2 weeks later...