BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

MT gets the lucky honor of hosting the first ever Ninjago Mafia!

And that means this topic needs a new title. I'll PM Windrider.

E: Now that the title has changed, I suppose I should update the first post and include all the Mafia games. Might as well. 

Just from the Third Age-onward, though.

Edited by Voltex

First post has been updated! It now includes links to every game in the Main Series, every side game (minus two that were lost in a data loss last year), ever Training & Experiments game, and once MT's Ninjago-themed Mafia is up, there will be a link to that as well!

Lots of Mafia.

• Upvote 1

Good question. I mean, technically I would consider Ninjago Mafia games as their own series, but we also need to take into account the possibility of cluttering; the forum seems unable to support three Mafia games being run at once, if the abysmal track record of the Training & Experiments series means anything. Although with Ninjago stuff being based on an entirely different line, perhaps it might be worth it to try having a regular side game going as well, just to see how it works?

Good question. I mean, technically I would consider Ninjago Mafia games as their own series, but we also need to take into account the possibility of cluttering; the forum seems unable to support three Mafia games being run at once, if the abysmal track record of the Training & Experiments series means anything. Although with Ninjago stuff being based on an entirely different line, perhaps it might be worth it to try having a regular side game going as well, just to see how it works?

It couldn't hurt too much to try it once, I suppose.

There is the dilemma of whether to slaughter the fatted calf or to play it safe for this game. I would hate to see the idea of three simultaneous games dismissed because the experimental third game was abysmal, but by the same token, I shouldn't want to see good ideas and good execution go to waste if three is too much. Perhaps you or Tagolrip would be ideal hosts. You've hosted the most Third Age games, and he's hosted the second most, so neither of you would be terribly discouraged if things go south, and you both have good track-records.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I would absolutely go for it, except that I'm already hosting Bionicle Mafia XVIII and Bionicle Mafia XIX, and one thing Portal and I learned from the Darkest Days Trilogy is that Host Burnout is definitely a thing. Granted, we'd been working on the trilogy since around the end of September and it lasted to January, so we were focused on them for several months in a row, but still. Since I'm going to be hosting two Main Series games back to back, I'd rather not risk it.

As much as I do want Curse of the Pyro to be released ASAP.

E: I'd be cool if Dapper hosted a side game alongside the other two running right now if he chose to. While his track record is small, it's also good; 0.4 was one of the better "Training & Experiments" games, and Gallows and Gambits was one of my favorite Mafia games period. He's earned my trust as a host.

Edited by Voltex

I would absolutely go for it, except that I'm already hosting Bionicle Mafia XVIII and Bionicle Mafia XIX, and one thing Portal and I learned from the Darkest Days Trilogy is that Host Burnout is definitely a thing. Granted, we'd been working on the trilogy since around the end of September and it lasted to January, so we were focused on them for several months in a row, but still. Since I'm going to be hosting two Main Series games back to back, I'd rather not risk it.

Fair enough. I'd hate to be in a Mafia game which the host wasn't enjoying.

How about Portal, then? The last game he hosted was in December.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I doubt it. He lost computer access recently and is stuck on his phone, which makes hosting a nightmare; on top of that, he's already hosting Ninjago: Last Stand.

I doubt it. He lost computer access recently and is stuck on his phone, which makes hosting a nightmare; on top of that, he's already hosting Ninjago: Last Stand.

Ninjago Mafia 15 (minus 13): Nightmare

2xu8Ptu.png