BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

I would almost suggest moving Last Letter Game, Steal the Mask, etc. to a subforum where posts don't count, while the "actual" G&T games do count for posts... because I feel really disappointed sometimes for not being rewarded for my commitments to Mafia and Bionifight and such, while people in the RPG forum... XD

• Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I would almost suggest moving Last Letter Game, Steal the Mask, etc. to a subforum where posts don't count, while the "actual" G&T games do count for posts... because I feel really disappointed sometimes for not being rewarded for my commitments to Mafia and Bionifight and such, while people in the RPG forum... XD

That, and also have a separate profile field for G&T Posts, probably.

bBhcfWO.png

Agreeing with Chro, maybe a division into "light" (posts don't count) and "serious" (posts do count) games could work.

(although it does sound a bit odd if named like that; maybe something like "one-liners" and "strategic and text-heavy" would be better :/)

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I think it's fine how it is...

A lot of games like Bionifight and Mafia have a whole ton of 1-line posts. (I would be curious to see how many posts I would have if they did count it in the G&T, though =P)

But I've also seen one-line posts in non-G&T topics of similar significance. (Not saying they're as frequent.)

but their spirits

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of posts I've made here - almost as much as Voltex! (Although for some silly reason I used to post in Steal The Mask so I guess we can discount about thirty of my G&T posts.)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I like it with a slice of cheese, ten bloodthirsty type twos, a quad-lynching, and interesting mechanics. 

Once the current mafia games have finished, what then? Referring to QP's Mafia and the Ninjamafiago. Perhaps a small break in terms of the side games would be necessary. 

• Upvote 5

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I like it with a slice of cheese, ten bloodthirsty type twos, a quad-lynching, and interesting mechanics. 

Once the current mafia games have finished, what then? Referring to QP's Mafia and the Ninjamafiago. Perhaps a small break in terms of the side games would be necessary. 

That might be nice.

[secretly hopes that XIX will be the only Mafia game running]

• Upvote 1

I don't see why we need a break between side-games. No one has been complaining of Mafia-fatigue, as far as I know.

Besides, I'm eager to see Seaborgium host a game (granted, I'm not certain if he wants to host a side game or a main game, but side games seem to be the go-to place for new hosts these days.)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I don't see why we need a break between side-games. No one has been complaining of Mafia-fatigue, as far as I know.

Besides, I'm eager to see Seaborgium host a game (granted, I'm not certain if he wants to host a side game or a main game, but side games seem to be the go-to place for new hosts these days.)

I don't know if I've said it, but I have both felt and sensed a certain level of Mafia-fatigue recently. =P

(Including that whole like three weeks where nothing happened at all, or was it longer?)

I don't know if I've said it, but I have both felt and sensed a certain level of Mafia-fatigue recently. =P

(Including that whole like three weeks where nothing happened at all, or was it longer?)

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm curious as to how many folks here are feeling fatigue. I know I'm not, but then I'm comparatively new here.

As for the weeks-long gap, I think that was mostly down to the hosts being busy or vanishing (though the fact that roles had to be reshuffled in Spacejitsu didn't help.)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

The thing to me that used to separate main games from side games is that side games were more rare, and often took place to practice experimental ideas or to act on an exceptionally large amount of activity. I could probably quantify exactly what side games used to be and what they are now with more time. Maybe tonight.

• Upvote 2

Is this anything to do with the Xaeraz constant?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Hey Voltex, you should see if Wind or Sumiki or somebody (who am I kidding) would be willing to put up an article about the game before it starts. It was neat to see MT's Ninjago Mafia up there... except for the fact that it was quite a ways into the game when that was announced.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 3

but their spirits

The Voltex Constant? That sounds cool. Probably a new natural constant that has to do with mayhem and chaos... anyway,

Is this anything to do with the Xaeraz constant?

The Xaeraz constant is the most ridiculous mathematical concept I've ever experienced. If the two are at all unrelated, I will seriously be disappointed.

^ this.

At least I'll finally not be confused by too-similar roman numerals for once. =D

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Hey Voltex, you should see if Wind or Sumiki or somebody (who am I kidding) would be willing to put up an article about the game before it starts. It was neat to see MT's Ninjago Mafia up there... except for the fact that it was quite a ways into the game when that was announced.

Why would we want XIX on the front page though? I mean, it's not a particularly important game in the grand scheme of things. 

I mean, I guess we could try? There is the major draw that I have approached both XVIII and XIX with the intention that they could be the final Mafia games I host (so that I won't have any "omg i never did this" type regrets if I never host again, since my life is becoming busier).

But outside of that, there's not really much. :P 

If you think we should try, you (any of you) are welcome to PM Windrider and make the request; I, however, shall not. :P

It's up to you, since it is your game. I was just bringing up an idea to potentially boost G&T's popularity/population by showing everyone something fantastic (including giving them a chance to participate). Conversely, if this is theoretically one of your Last Games, then it might be best to leave most of the spots for G&T regulars and the like - people who would really not want to miss your last game, rather than people who don't frequent G&T who might just want to play to see what it's like, go inactive halfway through, et cetera. That's highly subjective though.

but their spirits