BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

By that same logic I don't deserve to host a Hitman game til I finish Worldshaker. Hope you guys can keep up the series in the meantime. :P

And you would be correct.

If someone is going to host, and then not bother finishing the game while remaining active as a player, I don't want them to host another game until the first has been finished. And if the next game isn't completed either... well, I don't expect we'll get to that point.

I agree with this as a rule.

bBhcfWO.png

I have all doubles and triples.

Actually just #22 at the moment, but they wouldn't let me claim any later than that. >o>

- :burnmad:

You don't get to host XXII until the ending to XVII is posted

And he better fix it

ITP: I lost, therefore wrong

I really want to write the scene, but there are a few difficulties in the way. First, I would have to either write a sizable passage of poetry revolving around 3 characters, or just abandon poetry entirely, because writing free verse makes me feel like a sophist.

Then, there's the fact that it's been a month since the last scene. I had some personal stuff at that time that made me not really want to spend my free time writing a scene, and although that's, thankfully, passed now, it feels awkward to go back and finally finish the game.

On top of all that, I already told Luroka the ending, so he'll whine about the result whether I post the scene or not. =P

Know what? Just for that, XXII will be written in poetry.

NOT ONLY THAT

ALL POSTS IN IT WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE WRITTEN IN POETRY

That would be exceedingly lovely. The only problem I can think of is that most folks would just resort to repeatedly using limericks and haikus. But hey, that would still be quite entertaining.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Writing all posts in rhymes would be kinda fun, but also a bit exhausting? ^^

Also yeah, Burnmad, do finish XVII, please. Rhymes or not, any ending would be good by now.

~

Well, it is your choice regarding whether you want to XXII or not  :alien:

that is the only context I've ever seen this emoticon in where it actually kinda fits? o.o

Edited by Fairy Paladin
  • Upvote 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Know what? Just for that, XXII will be written in poetry.

NOT ONLY THAT

ALL POSTS IN IT WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE WRITTEN IN POETRY

Why would you do this.

I can't write poetry well

This spells ill for me.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Also yeah, Burnmad, do finish XVII, please. Rhymes or not, any ending would be good by now.

~

that is the only context I've ever seen this emoticon in where it actually kinda fits? o.o

I was writing my post and thought "what's the strangest, most obscure emoticon I can use"

>see this immediately:  :alien:

• Upvote 5

~

I was writing my post and thought "what's the strangest, most obscure emoticon I can use"

>see this immediately:  :alien:

The Toa of Emoticons' only weakness: :alien:

• Upvote 4

bBhcfWO.png

If XXII is entirely in poetry then this would be bad for all who are terrible at poetry, which includes myself. Technically, all unfinished games are technically still running, right? They pile up after a while. We had quite a few over the past summer that did not finish, so... it is understandable that people are apprehensive towards people who did not finish their games.

(Also supporting the 'not starting new games until you finish the old one' legislation of 2014)

• Upvote 5

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Finish games or no hos is best plan yes

maybe Xae will possibly post the final scene for Dead Sea.

Wouldn't that be revival, and against the rules at this point?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Where will Book 3 take us?

(if you want to be a character, click that link to sign up. Also, if you were a character before, click that link to signup, otherwise you won't be in Book 3)

So this is for Book 3? The entry itself claims it to be a standalone story.

It can be both. And it WILL be both.

I think the revival rules were changed to allow topic hosts in RPs, art collection topics, epics, etc. to double post (avoid filler) and revive. Don't quote me on that.

*Quotes you*

Currently, revival is allowed for the following:

• Topics in Q&A
  • Topics in the Library
  • Collection topics in General Art
  • Topics in Comics
  • The equivalent topics in OTC
  • Official topics in all forums

Double-posting is allowed in:

• Library topics (authors only)
  • Collection topics in GA (topic starters only)
  • Comics (authors only)
  • BZPRPG (after a certain amount of time)
  • G&T (hosts only)
  • The equivalent topics in OTC

The two don't necessarily overlap. So revival still exists in G&T, and is a 60-day limit, even with the double-post allowance.

My opinion regarding unfinished games where the host remains active as a player remains the same; however, with the above in mind, I am also aware that if the 60 days pass it becomes hard for the host to finish the game; perhaps, if it's something like the final scene and the 60 days are up, they could post it in this topic? 

Of course, said host could also just, y'know, finish the game within 60 days. :P

Well, what I think I'm gonna do is similar to what Volt Man likes to do, and take Dead Sea out of G&T, over to the library. Probably rewrite the whole game as a short story or an epic, depending.

Cuz I still think I screwed it up at the end, even before I had to abandon it.

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I am glad it got featured!

Filler

Thanks!

Also this is the final time Book 2 will be linked here (although I'll probs post at some point when the Epilogue is released), but the climatic battle chapter thing has been released, and it finally includes a fight against a member of the White Council! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone lined up for the next side game? I've got an idea for a sequel to Carnival (I'll put the ending to the first one in the OP, mind you). If the next side game's taken, though, I'll probably just wait and make that be XXII.