BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Not really. You've seen spam once, you've seen it all.

Not all spam is created equal.

For example, Pupwa speak is of a far different variety than the "buy my sandwich" topics.

-MT

......I sold Sandwiches as a part time job once.

BUY EM.

• Upvote 3

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Not really. You've seen spam once, you've seen it all.

Not all spam is created equal.

For example, Pupwa speak is of a far different variety than the "buy my sandwich" topics.

-MT

......I sold Sandwiches as a part time job once.

BUY EM.

Case in point

2xu8Ptu.png

It just suddenly dawned on me that my games are much darker than others. D'ya fellas think there's enough comic relief?

I think there's a distinction between dark and serious that should probably be made here. A dark game is one that actively tries to be foreboding and imposing (such as Lloyd's game, where the few scenes he did write were intended to impress a sense of dread upon the player), whereas a serious one is simply a game that doesn't act silly. From the few scenes of XVI that we've had so far, I'd say it's a game that takes itself seriously, but it isn't what I'd call dark, or at least no more dark than the usual Mafia game.

Just for distinction's sake, you can have a serious game without being dark, and sometimes a dark game without being serious (though it's hard to give the impression that things are really screwed up when you're telling jokes frequently).

So to answer the question, no, I don't think your games are too dark. If the question is altered to: "Do I think your games are too serious," again, no. Just write with whatever atmosphere you think suits the game best, provided you think you can do it well.

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

Some games are darker and some are lighter. I wasn't under the impression that your game was darker than XV or X.

can confirm

in 2FA someone's head exploded into kool-aid if I remember correctly. and someone didn't die when lynched so i just stuffed them with the dead bodies

good times

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'd definitely love to try hosting a very dark game or a fully humorous game at some point... but I'm not a very good writer so I doubt I'd manage to effectively keep the tone consistent

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

woah guys this is really cool. We have a general topic now =O

Anyways I am super sad that Lloyd's game didn't finish, and that I missed signups for all the games.  D=

As far as tone goes, I was kinda ridiculous with II(actively trying to make sure nobody but Zakaro actually dies was hard) but pretty dang serious and a little dark with VIII. X was seriousness through and through. 

Also now I want to host a game that entire revovles around the mood of the game. Like, the mafia kill somebody if it is a serious scene, but they do something else if it is a funny scene. Each round would be randomly decided for whether it would be funny or srs. 

Uuhgr guys I really don't have time to host all these games I have ideas for. Stop giving me ideas lol

woah guys this is really cool. We have a general topic now =O

Anyways I am super sad that Lloyd's game didn't finish, and that I missed signups for all the games.  D=

As far as tone goes, I was kinda ridiculous with II(actively trying to make sure nobody but Zakaro actually dies was hard) but pretty dang serious and a little dark with VIII. X was seriousness through and through. 

Also now I want to host a game that entire revovles around the mood of the game. Like, the mafia kill somebody if it is a serious scene, but they do something else if it is a funny scene. Each round would be randomly decided for whether it would be funny or srs. 

Uuhgr guys I really don't have time to host all these games I have ideas for. Stop giving me ideas lol

Daytime scenes are joking but nighttime is dark and srs

Or backwards

The mafia is a clown organization and just pranks people. Then the people leave because they got shamed.

THEN DAYTIME KILL.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian