BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Hey guys, from here on out till one of these  Mafia ends, I'll be working my new series of Mafia. I'll send out more details once I get ready for it's release. At some point once during the production, I'll be transforming them into a story much like Voltex is making the Mafia series into one.

I will tell once more that for the first three, the setting will take place in a city where there is a gang war between two gangs. No one knows the identity of who they are, but the police arr on the hunt for them. The roles of police at night are investigation/arrest(if they are correct). During the day, they will execute upon the people's vote who they will kill for the murders at hand. At that same time at day, gangs can rescue their associates if they want to.

Almost every person in the game will have an important role in the game. Whether it's pro-village, or anti-village, the actions everyone takes will affect the next installment.

I'll also be working with Chro on one of his Mafia ideas.

• Upvote 2

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

gang war between two gangs

*Looks at V: (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor) with the BoM and DH*

Sounds familiar. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Oh, man. I had an idea for a time loop mafia years ago and I just now remembered it. Haha. Basically, in mine one Matoran had the Vahi. If they were killed, time would reset and roles were reset. I decided that this took too long, though.

Although making it like Majora's Mask could be cool...

I'm looking forward to when/if we play that!

Oh, man. I had an idea for a time loop mafia years ago and I just now remembered it. Haha. Basically, in mine one Matoran had the Vahi. If they were killed, time would reset and roles were reset. I decided that this took too long, though.

that sounds too much like Doctor Who

2xu8Ptu.png

I will say this on the subject of XXI:

EDIT: Redacted Discussion at the request of Portal and I still hate that quote box

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I like to think the ideas I've had for my Mafia game are relatively new.

But I might be subconsciously copying a game I wasn't in.

Hrm, I'd love to participate in this contest but, with hosting Mafia XXII, and all my other school shinnanigans, I don't have the time :(...

I might just have to settle for playing the games that entered rather than submitting one myself.

It's nice that G&T contests might be start happening, though

I thought Burn was hosting that one.

This. lelwut

*Snaps fingers*

Oh. Um, I guess I kinda thought I had XXII because I was never able to finish my game, and people agreed on that...

(source)

It's fine though, if you are. Maybe I could host the side game or something.

Just moving this here to avoid filling up the other topic. But I do recall Burn having had the right to XXII for a quite a while, something about a carnival.

In terms of side games I suppose you could, but I was kind of hoping to have a shot at the next side game myself. I can wait though if you really do want to host.

EDIT: And dangit, didn't realize I was the last post. Whoops.

Edit 2: It's okay! I merged the two posts.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Yeah, I'm completely fine with Burn hosting.

I also feel kinda bad for not running with Deaths can Decieve, and I feel obligated (I also want to =P) to finish it in the near future, so if you host the next side game, I'd like the one after that.

2xu8Ptu.png

Can I just say... That was incredibly well played on Fishers' part? I never would have guessed that anything was out of the ordinary, the way she played the killing words. xP

In fact, her death in Ninjago, alongside how things seemed to go for the voting at one point, were the only reasons I suspected her, and it was only after one of the other suspects died that I was certain. >>'

• Upvote 1

I have expressed an interest in hosting a game, but only after I have some degree of experience. I already have some ideas, though. Should I share them or keep them secret?

I should also add that, between the physical world and Roll To Dodge, I may not have as much time as I would like to host a full-blown Mafia game.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

I too have an idea for a Mafia game:

BIONICLE Mafia: You Have 24 Hours, hosted by You Have 24 Hours.

Details are on my blog, You Have 24 Hours.

I'd like for it to be BIONICLE MAFIA XXIV, although if that cannot be I can always rework it into a sidegame by re-adding the slightly more complicated elements that I have so far removed. Maybe.

There was also an idea for a superfast mafia game a while back, that was planned to be super fast, I think? Could work as a side game, or a side side game if the main and side games are slow and we need to pass the time. Wasn't really mafia though, more of an inspired spin-off where everyone just outright killed each other - everyone had the ability to kill each other. No dice roll like in Hitman, and no Mafia, so yeah, more of an inspired spin-off meant to be very fast-paced to offset the tedium of lengthy games, during which the dead tend to accumulate and do nothing.  Not my idea, just something I think might have the potential to do well.

Besides that, how long has Feudal Kingdoms been running for at this point? Feels really slow. Wasn't going to say it at the time, but I was and still am really apprehensive of the whole 'cycle' deal, which to me makes the game unnecessarily slow. Seems that nearly everyone active in regards to it may be either dead or simply not caring - I could understand the latter, definitely. Kind of a vicious cycle there: people get bored, care less, nothing happens in the game for a while, people care even less. By the time the scenes does get posted, very few people care about it. Ninjago Mafia isn't the only victim of this cycle that I perceive (not saying it is there, just how I perceive it), other games appear to fall victim to it too. Very few games stay fast-paced, usually it's the ones that retain interest that do.

Also, I've noticed we've got a bit of complaints over Burnmad's game's policy of killing those who do not vote/act. Which to me isn't that at all understandable, because if I was in the host position I'd try and make you vote and act as soon as possible. I don't want you to sign up to do absolutely nothing, since that gives the impression of remaining inactive for the whole game. You don't sign up to games to do nothing, just as you don't sign up to a RPG only to never play one. Do people really have a problem with the host of a game trying to remind people to act and vote in the game they signed up to play? Killing the inactives is, in my view, a good thing for partially remedying the problem that I mentioned in the previous paragraph. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I think a better way of keeping players active is to simply shorten the rounds. Keep each Day/Night to 24 hours; I don't think I had anyone who truly went fully inactive during either XVIII or XIX, both games in which I used the shorter time frame. 

Does this make it more stressful for the host? A little, yes. But I also expect that, if somebody wants to host, that they are also willing to set the time aside for it. There's nothing wrong with having a smaller game of 20 players if that is more manageable time-wise. 

• Upvote 3

Also, I've noticed we've got a bit of complaints over Burnmad's game's policy of killing those who do not vote/act. Which to me isn't that at all understandable, because if I was in the host position I'd try and make you vote and act as soon as possible. I don't want you to sign up to do absolutely nothing, since that gives the impression of remaining inactive for the whole game. You don't sign up to games to do nothing, just as you don't sign up to a RPG only to never play one. Do people really have a problem with the host of a game trying to remind people to act and vote in the game they signed up to play? Killing the inactives is, in my view, a good thing for partially remedying the problem that I mentioned in the previous paragraph. 

no, what we were complaining about was burnmad saying straight up you will be killed and removed from this game if you don't vote, which is something entirely different from i am taking spot 23 just so i can have spot 23 and not playing this game henceforth. if people weren't sending PMs and not voting, then yeah, that's inactivity, but that's not what burn said.

voting has always been something people skimp out on for a round or two if it doesn't suit their play strategy, and killing off players who implement that strategy (like myself) is borderline host abuse

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Voting... voting is half of what you can do in Mafia. If you don't have a role, it's all you can do. All you can do. And that's a pretty big thing.

It's integral to the Mafia formula. I will not tolerate people that do not vote, especially if you don't have a role. Because that effectively amounts to not playing at all. When you ignore such an important part of the game, I will perceive that as not playing. Besides, 'host abuse'? That's a ridiculous statement. They're the host. It is their game, their rules. You signed up to play their game, you know what Mafia entails. You do not sign up not to play and ignore what amounts of half, if not more than half for quite a lot, of the game's mechanics. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.