BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Call me clueless, but isn't Luroka hosting the next side-game?

Not yet.

Honestly though

Considering that four of the last five side games have either been train wrecks or faded away due to inactivity (Personality Crisis being the only one to finish), maybe we should just let the side games rest for awhile and stick with the main series? Make sure we can keep at least a single mafia game going?

• Upvote 2

Honestly though

Considering that four of the last five side games have either been train wrecks or faded away due to inactivity (Personality Crisis being the only one to finish), maybe we should just let the side games rest for awhile and stick with the main series? Make sure we can keep at least a single mafia game going?

And Persistent Souls never got past the first Night.

It seems that any side-game slot goes to the first player to toss a hat into the ring. While I'm always glad to see new hosts, there ought to be a happy medium. It's as if side-games are perfunctory. I'd hate to see them go away, but I think we should be more strict in our hosting-decisions. If nothing else, a tight time-limit on host-inactivity wouldn't hurt.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Eh, from an outsider point of view. It looks like three/four of those flops had more confusing or complicated premises. Sinful Fifteen looks like one of the more vanilla games that has been hosted in a while and it did really well until the host keeled over.

I think another relatively simple side game would work, provided of course that the host doesn't disappear.

• Upvote 3

...but close to it

Eh, from an outsider point of view. It looks like three/four of those flops had more confusing or complicated premises.

Granted, but experiment is one of the raisons d'être for the side games.

The main problem seems to be life getting in the way. Persistent Souls was the last topic @Dapper-Sama posted in on this site, Damage Control was crippled by unexpected health-issues on my part, Score Attack was doomed by an unexpected absence on Arsene's part, and Razgriz has had life-issues of some sort with Sinful Fifteen. In the Ninjago department, classes helped to prevent MT from finishing his game, ditto Seaborgium.

gZsNWyr.png

I'd let Luroka host his side game considering the dude's been waiting for months now. Six months or so, right?

Active for more or less all them, and had we let him host his game earlier we may not have run into problems with the side games.

Luroka is, out of ToaK and Luroka, the better choice for host. Voltex would make it seem like the side games being wrecks is a fault of player inactivity, yet as QP points out it's more due to host inactivity.

I once had a game idea, which I've since discarded for my newer game idea, that I once decided not to host because I'd prefer Luroka to host his. Doesn't feel right disregarding his desire to host a game which has been for quite a while. 

Do people just forget that Luroka has been wanting to host a game for a while or something...? 

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I was not inactive and to be fair its at least 50% Luroka's fault my last game was a train wreck

I will not argue this point, but to be fair, clearer rules would be helpful in the future.

Seriously, though. Who is hosting this upcoming side game?

Which is why I have submitted an idea before starting the game and am accepting suggestions (though I have yet to recieve any)

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Tell ya what. If you, Luroka, really want main game #24, I'll let you have it. I will instead host side game #16.

Fair?

My game really works better for a side game anyway, so you can have 24.

Let's have a vote for side game #16

The period is 24 hours starting now.

Luroka: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

Toa K: 

Edited by Ryuko Matoi

bBhcfWO.png

I vote Luroka.

EDIT: Also, I motion that a system of time-limits be instated for all future games, as follows:

• 1 week of inactivity without word from the host.
  • 2 weeks of inactivity with word from the host.
  • 6 weeks from the start of Night One.
Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

I vote Luroka.

EDIT: Also, I motion that a system of time-limits be instated for all future games, as follows:

Six weeks from Night 1 is... a bit iffy. Some games are naturally longer than others.

Six weeks from Night 1 is... a bit iffy. Some games are naturally longer than others.

Fair enough. That one would be open to exceptions. But a game would have to be something special in order to merit a longer period. For a 25 person game, with 24 hour periods, 19 days is more than enough extra time.

gZsNWyr.png

I vote Luroka.

I'm okay with everything but that last point. What if someone does have 48-hour rounds again? And as Blade pointed out, some games take longer by default...

As for side game hosting, voting for Luroka as well.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I vote Luroka.

I'm okay with everything but that last point. What if someone does have 48-hour rounds again? And as Blade pointed out, some games take longer by default...

As for side game hosting, voting for Luroka as well.

Considering that 48 hour rounds seem to be consistently resulting in hosts that lose track of their games, I think keeping to 24 hours per round is the best option.

• Upvote 1

Would you really want to play a two-month-long Mafia game? Unless it's something truly fantastic, I can't see the answer being yes.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

Would you really want to play a two-month-long Mafia game? Unless it's something truly fantastic, I can't see the answer being yes.

I wouldn't mind that at all. :>

Edited by Taka Nuvia
  • Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Depends on how engaging it is. 

• Upvote 1

Half our games are two months long or more, though. =P

A problem which I proposed the third point to rectify. I'm quite fond of Mafia, but it loses its charm for me, when dragged out.

That shows me for being presumptuous. =P

Perhaps I'm simply the odd man out, in regards to game-length.

gZsNWyr.png