BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Side game. Someone else claimed XXXII a long time ago, and we haven't had a side game in a while. Besides, always the chance Quisoves returns.. Although, at this point, I am getting quite concerned for Quisoves' health.

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I had an idea of a Mafia game that would be played entirely through visuals (drawings, comics, etc.). Scenes could contain little clues and such without any mention through text, which I think could be potentially an interesting twist to the game.

The only problem I see is that different elements of the pictures could be interpreted differently (or completely overlooked) as a result different artistic styles

• Upvote 3

2xu8Ptu.png

I had an idea of a Mafia game that would be played entirely through visuals (drawings, comics, etc.). Scenes could contain little clues and such without any mention through text, which I think could be potentially an interesting twist to the game.

The only problem I see is that different elements of the pictures could be interpreted differently (or completely overlooked) as a result different artistic styles

Wait so every player would have to draw? I'm a good artist but I stink on computers. I still need help figuring out different fonts on this website let alone up load a picture.

If the host did the artwork I be okay with that. As long as they ask each player what there character should look like.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Who's next for running Mafia?

who knows

follow up: do we keep waiting for XXXI or skip on to XXXII

fact: I am kinda getting sick of the roman numerals at long last but god help me if we can't at least crawl past XXXV and beat the First Age I will be a sad panda

• Upvote 4

another game idea because it's not like it'll be forever and a day before I host By the Numbers 3:

mafiaiii5.png

The village has fallen into the sinister hands of the Cult – the Cult of Hapori Dume.

Eight beings remain free of its influence.

One, long ago driven insane, dedicates their existence to pyromania.

One, driven to desperation, hunts the leader of the Cult.

One, ruled over by logic, pledges to stop roles in their tracks.

One, before an evil experimenter, now finds them self a saviour.

Four, once brutal killers, are now the final hope, and the final stand.

---

The Cult has risen.

The Village are the villains.

And so the Mafia, too, find their typical role reversed.

They have become the heroes of this tale.

Will it be one of success? One of freedom? One of survival?

Or one of failure? One of enslavement? One of death?

Let’s find out.

RULES

1-Vote changes are not permitted.

2-All BZP Rules Apply.

3-Once killed, players can no longer have an impact on the game.

4-Role revealing is not allowed.

ROLES

THE CULT

Cultists x14 – These brainwashed players vote each day on who they believe is an enemy of the Cult.

Medic x1 – The Medic was one of the last to fall, although they do not see it as such. Each night, they can protect one person from death; but if they protect the Plague Doctor, both of them will perish. The Medic cannot save the Cult Leader from the Spy.

Detective x1 – The last member of the Village to fall under the influence of the Cult. He investigates one target each night to determine their role.

Cult Leader x1 – Each night, targets one other player – if the target is not already a member of the Cult, they will automatically become an ordinary Cultist. This sinister being is the one responsible for the brainwashing of the Village. At night, the Cult Leader is safe from everyone except the Spy unless the Medic, Detective, Pyro, and Cryo are all dead.

THE MAFIA

Mafia x4 – These four individuals are scattered throughout the Village, hiding in plain sight. In order to slow down the Cult, they have hidden their identities from each other. Each night, they can target one other player for death; however, there is a small chance that their kill attempt might fail.

Plague Doctor x1 – Another free individual; unfortunately, the Plague Doctor no longer knows who their allies are. They can protect one player each night from the influence of the Cult Leader, although if they protect the Medic, both of them will perish.

Spy x1 – The Spy’s only goal (indeed, their only purpose) is to kill the Cult Leader. Each night, they investigate one player to find their role; if they find the Cult Leader, the Cult Leader is immediately slain.

THE OTHER GUYS

Pyro x1 – This cherry-flavored, highly flammable person is truly insane. They target two players each night to kill, and decide which one will die with the flip of a coin.

Cryo x1 – This not-cherry-flavored, very very cold person is the opposite of insane. They target two players each night to freeze, and use logic to determine which of the two will be allowed to continue their night as normal.

I'd be willing to toss this in for consideration for the next side game, at the very least.

Nearly three years after Mafia III-4: The Four Tribes swept through and then got erased in a data loss, Mafia III-5 would arise!

• Upvote 3

I'd be willing to toss this in for consideration for the next side game, at the very least.

Nearly three years after Mafia III-4: The Four Tribes swept through and then got erased in a data loss, Mafia III-5 would arise!

I'll also support that, especially as 4 tribes was my first game.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well, I still support skipping to XXXII as long as someone wants to host it. It's been a month, its last post was about three weeks ago, and an entire other game has started and finished after its most recent scene.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

*slides in inconspicuously*

Just out of curiosity, are there requirements one has to meet before applying to host a game?

Living and human preferred but not strictly required.

Ability to finish apparently not required

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 2

Well...it's my first stab at one of these so it might need some work, but here I go!

Mafia: Slizers on Okoto

Makuta had been banished to the Shadow Realm.  The Toa had returned to the stars, having used up all their life points.  Okoto was about to know prosperity once again.

No one knows how or why the strange portal appeared in the sky, or just how many airships emerged from it.  But everyone now knows the chaos brought upon the island by the strange beings known as Slizers, and that with the Temple of Time under their control, the Toa will not be coming to save anyone this time.

The vastness of Okoto has proved advantageous, leaving the Slizers spread thin and one small village a relatively safe haven.  However, one night, a Slizer ship moved over the village and fired something—a bolt of light that shot into the village and then disappeared without a trace.  The next morning, a Slizer defector approached the village with crucial information: that the Slizer forces had set into motion some sort of experiment, and an elite group known as the Ultrarexes had infiltrated the village in the hopes of finding its results.

With the airship hanging over them like a guillotine, the panicked villagers came to a decision.  They would root out and eliminate the Ultrarexes…by any means necessary.

Factions and Roles:

Okotans: The normally peaceful villagers have been consumed by paranoia, and have taken to lynching each other in a desperate attempt to rid themselves of the Slizer menace.  Win by killing all Ultrarexes.
-Protector x1: The brave leader of the village.  True to their title, the Protector can protect one player from death each night.
-Villager x11: Normal villagers who do nothing aside from vote.  However, intel from the City Slizer suggests that one of these individuals may not be what they seem…

Ultrarexes: Hostile Slizers who have blended into the village population.  Each night they will kill one player, and they win the game by killing all Okotans and Robotops (aside from the Fire Slizer).
-Judge Slizer x1: The leader of the Ultrarexes, the Judge Slizer decides which subordinate to dispatch each night and who the target will be.  They cannot be the one who goes to kill unless both the Rock and Jungle Slizers are dead, and if they do, there will be no suspect list.  In the event of their death, another Ultrarex will be selected randomly to take their place.
-Rock Slizer x1: A resilient warrior who bulldozes their targets with raw power.  They possess a plasma shield that will protect them from death once.
-Jungle Slizer x1: A silent assassin who eliminates their targets with elegant precision.  If the Protector foils their attempt, they will retaliate with a poison dart that will prevent the Protector from acting the following night.
-Energy Slizer x1: A scout who can weave in and out of the village without being detected.  Each night the Energy Slizer can investigate one player to determine if they are the secret role, and if they are, the Ultrarexes will be told how to activate this role.  Since they cannot kill, if the Energy Slizer is the final Ultrarex left alive, the game ends in victory for the Okotans and Robotops.

Robotops:  Though not a unified group, there is one thing these rogue Slizers have in common: they have all taken up arms against their own people in one form or another.  The Sub, Ski, and City Slizers win by killing all Ultrarexes, and the Fire Slizer wins simply by surviving the game.
-Sub Slizer x1: The only thing this outlaw Slizer wants is to put an end to the Ultrarexes’ mysterious experiment.  Each night they will target one player, and if the target is an Ultrarex, they will kill them.
-City Slizer x1: A defector who has chosen to aid the village in their fight for survival.  Each night they will investigate one player to learn their role.  The mystery role will appear to them as an ordinary Villager.
-Ice Slizer: x1: A laid-back Slizer who wants to stop things from escalating if at all possible.  Each night they will freeze one player, preventing them from acting.
-Fire Slizer x1: A deformed Slizer gone mad with rage.  Each night they will target two players, one of whom will be killed.

• Upvote 3