Project MNOG 3D

specsowl

This is a great project that you and the team has been working on. I love the simple and consistent style (even if some of the models low-poly, they look good. That's what matters). I also appreciate that there's isn't too much complexity gameplay-wise. I mention that because some players may ask for that later on (if they haven't already). Don't give in! Don't make a MNOG-esque game complex. 

I know MNOG3D is on hiatus currently but I hope you all can find the time and the interest to start it back up once Life starts to lighten up. Best of luck!

• Upvote 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Do you still have Po-Koro saved? Could you ppplllleeeeeeaaasssee add that right now? It looks so cool. Also, I found a glitch where you can swim up underneath the temple and get in, but then you're stuck inside. Also, what's in/behind the giant boulders at the edge of the map?

Can you tell us how to perform the glitch that gets you inside the temple? Can you maybe record it and make a video demonstration? :)

• Upvote 1

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Wow, what gem have I found here? How did I not find this before? What is the progress on this? is it playable or have a character creation? Oddly enough I found this by searching Bing for "Bionicle Mnog 2" and finding this picture

sgl1hyO.png

Is this what the characters look like or is it the original MNOG version only in 3D? Kind of what a Character creator kit for this design in 3D, that would be epic...

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so cool, and I can't wait for the final result  :br:  I played a bit and it looks really promising. I do have one suggestion, though: add a sprinting mechanic. That was one of the major flaws with MNOG 2.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I have a question: is the game broken? I downloaded the PC link and found that I could not play the game. I get the error "There should be 'MNOG3D_PreAlpha_Data'
folder next to the executable"

There is one there, so I don't know what to do.

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I have a question: is the game broken? I downloaded the PC link and found that I could not play the game. I get the error "There should be 'MNOG3D_PreAlpha_Data'

Did you extract the files from the .ZIP file? You need to do that first.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Hey, I've known about your project for a while, but I just downloaded it the other day. All I can say is It's amazing! The amount of work you put into this really shows. The models and the environments are very reminiscent of the old MNOG. I've been a Bionicle fan for my entire life, and not only is it my childhood but It's a source of happiness for me and I get a lot of joy in seeing how great of a community this line really has. I really hope you can finalize this project, and I was wondering if there is any way I could help with it. 3D molding and animation is something that has always interested me, I'm still however very new to it. I have some basic Photoshop and music skills but I'm practicing.

Basically, I have a lot of free time and would be extremely grateful if there is any way I can assist you in your goal.

Thanks, and keep up the amazing work

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did extract the files. I can try again, though. Is there a certain location I have to extract to?

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think a few pages back someone on the team said the project is on hiatus for an indefinite time. Indefinite, not infinite.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I would like to make a post on my Blog about this, but I want to ask permission first.

also, to whoever is doing the sound effects, I found out that the mechanical chatter noise from MNOG 1 is just improperly modulated radio transmission of speech.

• Upvote 1

Totally played this game and it was GREAT! But I found a glitch, if you go to one of the poles near the wall were those big clovers are, you can jump of the pole and into the water below. swim awhile and you can get to the beach. cool huh?  

I did extract the files. I can try again, though. Is there a certain location I have to extract to?

Not really, as long as it's a non-archived folder.

Hey guys! I'm really interested in your project! I'd like to know how to make models like you do! I also want to help you with the story! I love making stories and I can make good ones! I really want to help you in the project! Can I?  :D Oh, and I can create very cool names too!

Edited by tntkirill24

Making a new account soon. I'll still use this one sometimes tho.

Yeah like me. I've never done any actual 3D work that wasn't preprogramed in some app or program.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, IT'S JULY!!

Why haven't we gotten any new information regarding the development of the game?!?

I understand taking time off to relax, but its been far too long!!!

If you need more people to help you on this, than people will come! There are many users with the skill needed to help the progress of this project along!

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Thanks for reviving the topic [...]

First of all, revival is two months, so Aidan did not revive the topic. Secondly, there is no need to be disrespectful like that. Just report the post and leave it at that; if the report is mistaken, I'll let you know for future reference. But the name calling is not appreciated.

That said, it seems specsowl hasn't been on since May. I'd offer to give this topic a temporary closing until they return, but don't feel comfortable doing so without permission from the OP. So I'll request that people leave this be, with the following in mind:

"Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may revive their own topics ONLY to announce an update or a new preview."

Should specsowl return, they can update this topic without fear of closure.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

Life happens, things get in the way. Perhaps specs has family issues. Perhaps he's temporarily lost interest.

I've also made games, and I go on hiatuses ALL the time. I'll work on one for a few weeks or so, then lose interest. A month or two later, I'll be back working hard. Breaks are important. They let your mind wander and collect inspiration. An ignored object may gather dust, but once it's cleaned, it looks more beautiful than it did the last time you saw it.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Ok guys, it's been a while since anyone updated this topic and some of you have probably been wondering why.

After we released the first Alpha late last year, development was still going, but it was getting slower and eventually came to a halt. There are a number of reasons for that.

Specsowl, who did most of the work and kept everything organized has been occupied with life and hasn't had the time to really work on the game as much as he used to. He has since gotten a new job and is much busier than he was when we started development on this game. Since he was also the only programmer (we had another one on the team but he probably died or something, idk), we had nobody to write the code, with the rest of us having little to no experience in programming. The team started to kind of fall apart and I haven't talked to most of the other guys in a while. I'm sure none of us want to see this game die like so many other fan projects have in the past. 

So here's what we're going to do: We will be releasing the source code and assets for people who would like to work on this.

It'd be amazing to see a new group of skilled people continue this project. Our only conditions are that you make something cool with it and give credit to the old team (specsowl, tattorack, doodleloot, JDJackson, Thau Nvua, Daleo, Vorred, cdrch, Cezium, Shadow Destroyer).

If you're interested in continuing this project, shoot me a message and I'll get back to you.

I'm sorry you had to wait so long for... well, this, but we figured it'd be better to inform you about this than to make you wait for nothing.

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

Hey guys. doodleloot and I talked about it this morning which prompted the full closure. It is, indeed, upsetting. I appreciate all of the support. 

It's not that I have family issues or lost interest. I am 23 years old and am living on my own. As such, I am a freelance 3D artist and have to sustain myself by working that way. What happens is when I work constantly I don't have much time for personal projects which is why I decided it'd be bets to lay this project to rest on MY end. That being said, please take the files and do whatever you want with them. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3yiye3xfhwtu3mh/3D_MNOG_Source.rar

Here is the link to the MNOG Source files (the password is takanuva). I will also embed the files on the first post. I'll be taking the game's rar out of my dropbox soon so if you want a copy of the pre-alpha please download it within the next week!

Thanks again for all of your support and suggestions. I want to see something come of this dream more than anyone! I think this kind of closure will be nice so that no one think i dropped off the face of the earth and took the game with me. Enjoy and I hope to see the community do LOTS with these files. 

Best,

Ryan/specsowl

Edited by specsowl
  • Upvote 4

Projects come and go. Lives are complicated. A whole game with 3D models, scripting, and more can put on a lot of pressure. About 70% of the time, when it's being worked on by one person, they can't take it and they stop. It's not their fault, it's just friggan hard. I'm Sad the project stopped, but I can see why. Thanks for the progress you made, it was a great experience while it lasted.

• Upvote 3

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~