Project MNOG 3D

specsowl

Here's the latest in my playthrough of this game! keep up the good work!

*snip*

Yes.... yes that was ref to the Doctor XD

Thought it would've been funny to add to his speech.

Oh! And welcome to BZPower!

Yay, I won! :winner:  :P And I think you did a good job of keeping the Suletu look while still making it look like a normal Bionicle mask. I'm guessing we'll be seeing inorganic versions of the rest of the Inika masks as well?

Uh... maaayybee?

Whoof, finally got around to making a BZPower account xD

So anyhow, downloaded the Pre-Alpha when it came out, and I'm quite impressed and excited for the full release! The few issues I can say I have are with the swimming(which I know is fixed, I read the updates), some small visual things(will elaborate on further down), and a small error where, if you tab out of the game, then click on it in the bottom bar to re-open it, an....interesting glitch happens with the mouse and the way you move the camera. It's fixed by talking to people, though. I also had a small gripe with the walking animation being slightly out of sync with actually walking, and the walking animation playing when you turn. Sometimes the game bugs when you try to get out of the water. Other than that, I found everything refreshing and nice :D I'm really looking forward to the update.

The small visual things I thought a little visually irritating were the walking animation playing when you turned whilst stationary, and the backdrop with the mountains and waterfall not quite properly melding at the right distances with the water/foreground, making it sort of look like a weird bubble. 

These are all minor though, and I'm sure it will be fixed. It really doesn't detract from the great experience :)

-Kyther

the backdrop with the mountains and waterfall not quite properly melding at the right distances with the water/foreground, making it sort of look like a weird bubble. 

If that doesn't appear for anyone else, that's probably just my computer. ;P

Welcome to BZPower! Good to see this is still attracting attention outside of BZP. :D

Yeah... the animations aren't all done yet. New animations are being made and older ones are being worked at.

The next update come December should have things like swimming, animations etc fixed... or at least most of them.

Could you post a screenshot from the backdrop by the way? The description you gave doesn't sound familiar...

• Upvote 2

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Hello MNOG3D project,

my name is Dorney and I want to help you with your project. I am a fan of this new project and got some tips what you can make. At first there are no going sounds it is a little bit empty if you are walk through Ga-Koro and there is no sound. And a sound of jumping could be good too. In water I think there can be bubbles coming out the player. There are some bugs I found too, like you can enter the Kohlii stadium from under water and you'll stuck in there after entering. The houses are climbable by junping. And I think there could be more Matoran activity like walking Matoran, if you remember back in MNOGII they walked along Ga-Koro. 

I hope that I could help you and hope that I can help you in the future, Dorney

p.s.:If you want I can be a bug reporter I love it to searching bugs and report them.

Hello MNOG3D project,

my name is Dorney and I want to help you with your project. I am a fan of this new project and got some tips what you can make. At first there are no going sounds it is a little bit empty if you are walk through Ga-Koro and there is no sound. And a sound of jumping could be good too. In water I think there can be bubbles coming out the player. There are some bugs I found too, like you can enter the Kohlii stadium from under water and you'll stuck in there after entering. The houses are climbable by junping. And I think there could be more Matoran activity like walking Matoran, if you remember back in MNOGII they walked along Ga-Koro. 

I hope that I could help you and hope that I can help you in the future, Dorney

p.s.:If you want I can be a bug reporter I love it to searching bugs and report them.

Welcome to the BZPower forums and thank you for showing interest in our project!

Yeah, we already know about all those bugs. And we don't even have half the sound assets ready yet  :P  (thats what Shadow is doing).

Making Matoran move about the Koro is also in the works, though its quite difficult as the coders are figuring out how to either make a NavMesh system or a WayPoint system (though way-points are less taxing on the processor and are more often used with characters in villages in games like Oblivion or Skyrim. Enemies on the other hand are better suited for a NavMesh). ;)

I appreciate the help offer, but what is really a needed priority right now are more coders who can write in JavaScript, or one or two extra modellers.

Most bugs are discovered by the team with quickly compiled dev releases to test out the features that have been applied or the general level design (not released here on the forum).

That said, any bugs you do find are always good to report here on the forum, just in case we might have missed any.

Edited by Tattorack
  • Upvote 3

I love the look of that Onu-matoran hut and the rahi. The style looks great! I have high hopes for this... Thanks for contributing so much to the community!

I'm glad you like the art style.  ^_^

All the new assets will match that style, and we'll be reworking the already existing ones so they don't feel out of place.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

I know that the main character has yellow hands and feet and white arm parts and a Kanohi Hau on his face but what kind of matoran is he?

Is he an Av-Matoran like Takua or a Ko-Matoran with Yellow hands and feet?

And could it be that the story is about the attack of the Piraka on Mata Nui and the Journey for the Toa Nuva to Voya Nui?

There are so many things I don't understand and I can't wait to see where this is going to.

Could you maybe make a character editor for this game, that would be awesome to create an own Matoran for th story with color and mask select I think (if you can do that) the people would love that game even more if that is possible.

I know that the main character has yellow hands and feet and white arm parts and a Kanohi Hau on his face but what kind of matoran is he?

Is he an Av-Matoran like Takua or a Ko-Matoran with Yellow hands and feet?

And could it be that the story is about the attack of the Piraka on Mata Nui and the Journey for the Toa Nuva to Voya Nui?

There are so many things I don't understand and I can't wait to see where this is going to.

Could you maybe make a character editor for this game, that would be awesome to create an own Matoran for th story with color and mask select I think (if you can do that) the people would love that game even more if that is possible.

Way ahead of you buddy :D

Yes, the intention is to have an editor with wich you can create your own character, within the bounds of canon of course (no Fe Matoran, for instance, or green and pink Po Matoran).

The current pre-alpha is just a place holder, and we haven't figured out exactly how origin will effect the characters stats, if at all.

The general idea is that is some good customization in the game. The main 12 masks are available from the start, but throughout the game you'll be able to unlock new masks (though canon) to wear either through exploration or certain quests (You can see a preview render of a non-organic Suletu a few posts back).

The story isn't about the Piraka. I do not believe the Piraka ever attacked Mata Nui island because they were busy enslaving the misformed Matoran on Voya Nui posing as Toa.

The Toa Nuva actually meet them on Voya Nui, where Tahu loses a challenge against them and his team gets captured. 6 Matoran then pose a search and rescue mission.

The story of MNOG3D on the other hand is solely about the event that takes place right after the Mask of Light event and Takanuva's defeat of Makuta.

In this time-space the Matoran are packing and moving to Metru Nui.

• Upvote 1

Tattorack before they were on Voya Nui the went to Mata Nui into Makuta's lair and found the dead Makuta and the spear of fusion they move to Voya Nui because of Makutas Antidermis.

That happened after all the Matoran left Mata Nui island.

Before Tahu and the Toa Nuva, and later Jallers team, went to Voya Nui, no Mata Nui dweller ever saw (or remember seeing, since the memory wipe) a Skakdi.

Question: is there a way to get up to the telescope??

At the moment no. I'm not sure if its even going to be implemented.

The Telescope on Ta Wahi beach on the otherhand...

Just one more month... one more month :P

Hello BZPower,

It's my first time posting here. I saw the MNOG 3 on a Youtube video and it looks like a promising game. I wish it was official.

Welcome to BZPower, and thank you for showing interesting in our project.

Good to see this is attracting attention even outside of BZP!

Yeah, an official MNOG3 would've been great, but look at the bright side, if Lego would've already made MNOG3 then wouldn't have been anything to do for us right now :D

Hello BZPower,

It's my first time posting here. I saw the MNOG 3 on a Youtube video and it looks like a promising game. I wish it was official.

Yeah, an official MNOG3 would've been great, but look at the bright side, if Lego would've already made MNOG3 then wouldn't have been anything to do for us right now :D

Yes there would. If Lego had already made MNOG3, you might be working on Metru Nui Online Game 1! :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Hello BZPower,

Yes there would. If Lego had already made MNOG3, you might be working on Metru Nui Online Game 1! :P

Yeah... the team spoke about that as a joke.

The general agreement was that we all dreaded making a giant city  :D 

Can you imagine all the details and complexities of such a project (and for such a small team)?

*shudders*

Hello BZPower,

Can you imagine all the details and complexities of such a project (and for such a small team)?

*shudders*

Just make the player blind. Problem solved.

• Upvote 2

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Hello BZPower,

*shudders*

True, but Metru Nui is a whole lot smaller than Mata Nui, so it wouldn't be impossible. Just really hard and time-consuming. :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Just make the player blind. Problem solved.

By gods why didn't I think of that!? O_o

We're totally going to do that!

True, but Metru Nui is a whole lot smaller than Mata Nui, so it wouldn't be impossible. Just really hard and time-consuming. :P

Yeah, but the main problem that makes Metru Nui so complex are the buildings.... the interior of the buildings.

Sure, we don't HAVE to make the interiors of any buildings, or just a very small handful, but then it wouldn't feel like a city anymore, more like a themepark of large tall things.

Then there's the AI; Metru Nui may be smaller, but all those Matoran walking around and the vehicles and everything >.<

Coder doom.

Edited by Tattorack

Actually there is a Metru Nui Online. Fanmade of course. I played it, it was...quite interesting actually.

I know, I played it briefly.

Its that 2D flash game in the style of MNOGII right?

You should see the ladder-climbing animation. Top notch.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Its that time of week again!

UPDATE

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/309/7/c/ta_wahi_beach_by_tattorack-d85cilj.png
Ta Wahi beach.
The starting place of MNOG I can be revisited in this game.
I wonder how the view will be from up there.
The telescope....... looks like its missing, but you just don't see it (something about a particular Ta Matoran playing around with a Huna and light
reflecting from Venus or something, because, like, that totally makes sense).

So far all that was presented to you were objects, stills.
But in order to make anything look alive or interesting it requires a bit of life.
I'm... sure everybody knows this, unless you're a classic RPG lover (because nothing moves in those).

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/309/f/7/helplesselasticegg_by_tattorack-d85cioi.gif

No, not a Ko Matoran... or a Fe Matoran. This here is just a Matoran base.
Technically only the bones will be imported of this and the Matoran you see here is simply a visual representation.
Otherwise you'd be greeted by animated empty air. Thats really fun to watch.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/309/7/c/focusedeasygoingchamois_by_tattorack-d85cisb.gif

Yes yes, its straight enough

For the moment thats all I gotta give now.
Till next week.
And as always, thanks for the continued interest in this project.

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Actually there is a Metru Nui Online. Fanmade of course. I played it, it was...quite interesting actually.

WHAT? Where???

Its that time of week again!

UPDATE

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/309/7/c/focusedeasygoingchamois_by_tattorack-d85cisb.gif

Yes yes, its straight enough

For the moment thats all I gotta give now.

Till next week.

And as always, thanks for the continued interest in this project.

Wow! The animations are really great, and I can't wait to explore good ol' Ta-Wahi beach again! (And when you get to Le-Koro I'll be even more excited! Can't wait to hear that wonderful Le-Matoran music! :P)

Edited by -Windrider-

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

The only problem I see with the Matoran skeleton is that the hands look like they're hanging from a few strands of plastic, much unlike the actual sets. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

John French worked on a similar project in Unity back in 2010. He didn't get far, but he gave me what he had, which included a rudimentary Ta-Wahi beach and the base of the telescope with all the constellations. He wanted to keep the project rolling, so if you think any of it would be useful, I could post it for you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42491447/Screenshot%202014-11-05%2013.14.22.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42491447/Screenshot%202014-11-05%2013.14.25.png

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

The only problem I see with the Matoran skeleton is that the hands look like they're hanging from a few strands of plastic, much unlike the actual sets. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

If you mean the weird lines on the hands, those are purely on my side, and will not be present in the actual game. Its just the way its being rendered.

If you mean the weird lines on the hands, those are purely on my side, and will not be present in the actual game. Its just the way its being rendered.

No, I meant the sockets look like they're barely attached to the ball joints. My wording wasn't the best.

It's a nice game! I think I did find one glitch though.  Halhi's eye seems to move kinda weird when she talks... I can get a screenshot tomorrow.  owo

HOWEVER.  I want 30 minutes of my life back.  I wasted it looking for Cowrie Shells.  XD

And I totally feel you as far as making a 3D Metru Nui online game.  All those polygons and faces... yeesh.

• Upvote 2

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

No, I meant the sockets look like they're barely attached to the ball joints. My wording wasn't the best.

Im pretty sure what you mean is just shadows. The sockets are completely fine.

Oh those animations look just perfect. Will different matoran get different animations based on their personalities/characters or will the animations be given/played randomly by matoran? Both sound great to me!

Both. There will be sets or combinations of animations randomly played that fit with the personality or job description of the character.

Or instance, the flax maker would mostly be making picking and sorting animations.

A dutiful guard would be tapping his spear on the ground and looking around.

etc...

It's a nice game! I think I did find one glitch though.  Halhi's eye seems to move kinda weird when she talks... I can get a screenshot tomorrow.  owo

HOWEVER.  I want 30 minutes of my life back.  I wasted it looking for Cowrie Shells.  XD

And I totally feel you as far as making a 3D Metru Nui online game.  All those polygons and faces... yeesh.

Took a look and found out exactly what you meant. I'll run this by the animator. Thanks for pointing that out!

We will not give you your 30 minutes back. Ok, we don't have any fine print yet, but I'm sure it'll say something like "We're not responsible for wasted time, even though there aren't things that are supposed to be there in the first place" :D

I still wouldn't mind trying it sometime in the future though...

Tell your animator how awesome and talented they are.  owo I can't animate like that, I'm jealous! X3

I kinda thought, "Well, I can't harvest the plants or bamboo without the shells so..."

...but then they weren't there.

I had a fun time exploring though! I actually took a 3D animation class for a few years, and I'm sure they'd like to see this, it's brilliant.  I've attempted to model in Maya and Mudbox, so I can sorta appreciate it.  Once the project is further along I'll probably show it to them if that's ok.  xD

Btw, that hut in the middle of the bay... is that the one that sank from MNOG I? :'D

I'd like to see it too! It would be a nightmare though.  Wish I could help.  lD

• Upvote 2

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Tell your animator how awesome and talented they are.  owo I can't animate like that, I'm jealous! X3

I kinda thought, "Well, I can't harvest the plants or bamboo without the shells so..."

...but then they weren't there.

I had a fun time exploring though! I actually took a 3D animation class for a few years, and I'm sure they'd like to see this, it's brilliant.  I've attempted to model in Maya and Mudbox, so I can sorta appreciate it.  Once the project is further along I'll probably show it to them if that's ok.  xD

Btw, that hut in the middle of the bay... is that the one that sank from MNOG I? :'D

I'd like to see it too! It would be a nightmare though.  Wish I could help.  lD

I'll tell him for you! (and yeah, he's great!).

You find animation difficult?

I find it really easy (though thats just me and Thau I suppose).

Too bad I can't import bones from Maya to Blender 3D.

Collecting resources is waiting for the inventory system to be implemented, otherwise there is basically no point to collect anything.

Also, animation for harvesting aren't made yet either.

For the same reasons you can't buy anything from the shops yet.

Oh its totally ok to promote it everywhere.

Get it on CNN! The more the merrier!

Yes it is indeed! Its still down there, since, for some reason, they can't get it up... (wont spoil anything, probably already spoiled too much).

3D animation? No, the format always confused and overwhelmed me.  xD The secondary movement is amazing though, still have a bit of trouble with that, haha.

I figured, haha.  I was just really slow figuring that out at first.  XP

I was thinking like MNOGII though, haha

And yay, I will~

That is sooo awesome.  >w<

• Upvote 1

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

I am so happy this is being made. I can't wait to walk the beaches. I really hope we can create our own character. I hope this will be implemented into the game.

Thats the general idea.

Customization and choosing any of the 6 canon elements from Mata Nui will become available once the game is a bit more developed.