• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Project MNOG 3D

Featured

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#561 Offline Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 05-October 09
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2015 - 12:41 PM

I would still love to help with the writing once the project is started up again ;)

Edited by Lukas Exemplar, Jan 20 2015 - 12:42 PM.

r0ycUmF.jpg
Mata Nui Online Game III: Desstinies is a fan effort to recreate the immersive feel of the original Mata Nui Online Gamebut in stunning 3D. Download the pre-alpha heregive feedback and show your support.

#562 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Ice Warrior

• 03-August 08
  • 1,901 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 20 2015 - 04:29 PM

Likewise, hopefully this project gets started up again sometime soon.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! {Brickshelf Gallery}

Watch me on Youtube! {Link}

#563 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 23-July 02
  • 6,764 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 20 2015 - 06:31 PM

This is a great project that you and the team has been working on. I love the simple and consistent style (even if some of the models low-poly, they look good. That's what matters). I also appreciate that there's isn't too much complexity gameplay-wise. I mention that because some players may ask for that later on (if they haven't already). Don't give in! Don't make a MNOG-esque game complex. 

I know MNOG3D is on hiatus currently but I hope you all can find the time and the interest to start it back up once Life starts to lighten up. Best of luck!

#564 Offline Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 05-October 09
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2015 - 08:27 AM

Do you still have Po-Koro saved? Could you ppplllleeeeeeaaasssee add that right now? It looks so cool. Also, I found a glitch where you can swim up underneath the temple and get in, but then you're stuck inside. Also, what's in/behind the giant boulders at the edge of the map?

Can you tell us how to perform the glitch that gets you inside the temple? Can you maybe record it and make a video demonstration? :)

r0ycUmF.jpg
Mata Nui Online Game III: Desstinies is a fan effort to recreate the immersive feel of the original Mata Nui Online Gamebut in stunning 3D. Download the pre-alpha heregive feedback and show your support.

#565 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 07-January 15
  • 1,635 posts

Posted Feb 01 2015 - 02:38 PM

Wow, what gem have I found here? How did I not find this before? What is the progress on this? is it playable or have a character creation? Oddly enough I found this by searching Bing for "Bionicle Mnog 2" and finding this picture

Spoiler

Is this what the characters look like or is it the original MNOG version only in 3D? Kind of what a Character creator kit for this design in 3D, that would be epic...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l: - :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

Onua.pngCO4nEKccbkmxgMZZnilv.pngkGv5ARndJDc9g0AxU6sJ.pngbBVnn25kyuDBt3bjCgJU.PNG
29o0jyq.jpgZoids:Infinite Era RPG. Come join the battle!!

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer Doseki | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

#566 Offline Crunchyn

Crunchyn
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 09-October 06
  • 758 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2015 - 08:18 PM

With Epic's announcement of Unreal Engine 4 going free, would that be an option you'll go for or just continue using Unity?

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the knee." -Villager

Art Topic | BIONICLE Pepakura files

#567 Offline Toa Vanson

Toa Vanson
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 07-January 15
  • 401 posts

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 04:27 PM

This is so cool, and I can't wait for the final result  :br:  I played a bit and it looks really promising. I do have one suggestion, though: add a sprinting mechanic. That was one of the major flaws with MNOG 2.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

#568 Online Toa_Bomb

Toa_Bomb
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 22-December 14
  • 28 posts

Posted Mar 20 2015 - 09:01 PM

I have a question: is the game broken? I downloaded the PC link and found that I could not play the game. I get the error "There should be 'MNOG3D_PreAlpha_Data'
folder next to the executable"

There is one there, so I don't know what to do.

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#569 Offline Toa Vanson

Toa Vanson
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 07-January 15
  • 401 posts

Posted Mar 20 2015 - 09:23 PM

I have a question: is the game broken? I downloaded the PC link and found that I could not play the game. I get the error "There should be 'MNOG3D_PreAlpha_Data'

Did you extract the files from the .ZIP file? You need to do that first.

#570 Offline 1manga2freak3

1manga2freak3
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 25-March 15
  • 1 posts

Posted Mar 25 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hey, I've known about your project for a while, but I just downloaded it the other day. All I can say is It's amazing! The amount of work you put into this really shows. The models and the environments are very reminiscent of the old MNOG. I've been a Bionicle fan for my entire life, and not only is it my childhood but It's a source of happiness for me and I get a lot of joy in seeing how great of a community this line really has. I really hope you can finalize this project, and I was wondering if there is any way I could help with it. 3D molding and animation is something that has always interested me, I'm still however very new to it. I have some basic Photoshop and music skills but I'm practicing.

Basically, I have a lot of free time and would be extremely grateful if there is any way I can assist you in your goal.

Thanks, and keep up the amazing work

#571 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-April 15
  • 29 posts

Posted Apr 03 2015 - 04:05 PM

Is there something you need to do? Or it's just exploring?

Edited by tntkirill24, Apr 03 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#572 Offline bionicleFanatic

bionicleFanatic
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-March 14
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2015 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, it's "just" sandbox [:P]

okoto_online_game_chapter_ii_logo_medium

Check out fanaticstudios.com for more info on the game (this one ^ [:P] In case it wasn't obvious [:P])!

#573 Online Toa_Bomb

Toa_Bomb
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 22-December 14
  • 28 posts

Posted Apr 08 2015 - 09:54 AM

I did extract the files. I can try again, though. Is there a certain location I have to extract to?

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#574 Offline Zidonaro

Zidonaro
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 10-August 07
  • 901 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2015 - 09:07 PM

Is the project dead ?

*Old HoloTheWise*

tumblr_nbtjft6Jfp1qm9p5uo1_500.png

#575 Offline SuperGeniusCreator

SuperGeniusCreator
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 12-September 14
  • 841 posts

Posted Apr 10 2015 - 03:03 PM

Is the project dead ?

That's what I'd like to know. I'd hate to see a project like this die, because it had lots of potential. :(

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben ... Ventox ... Deflecto

"I'm not foolish enough to waste all my money on junk food or new computers or video games and such."

"Instead, I waste all my money on Legos." :P 

#576 Online Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 18-June 13
  • 509 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2015 - 04:00 PM

I think a few pages back someone on the team said the project is on hiatus for an indefinite time. Indefinite, not infinite.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

Regalia, my non-Bionicle (non-text based) RPG. Last updated May 4th, 2015.

An Assassin's Fate, my epic.

My Youtube Channel. A fair warning, however, despite me trying to keep my videos clean, a word will slip out occasionally.

BZPRPG Profiles: Arzaki | Xalu | Zephrys | Raanu | Hiku | Screthel

#577 Offline Liuth

Liuth
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 22-July 14
  • 443 posts

Posted Apr 11 2015 - 12:33 PM

I'm stuck, I can't find Nokama or a Cowrie shell in the game, can someone please help?

BZPRPG  Matoran DJ Spinny (Animated)

Fulmen
Faraki

Adamas

Matoran Und Panzer 

Hisuti

Corpus Rahkshi

Zubarahk

Tangirahk

Rise of the Rockets

Jake Weston & Mahiki

#578 Offline Lego-of.me

Lego-of.me
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 13-April 15
  • 5 posts

Posted Apr 13 2015 - 03:21 PM

I would like to make a post on my Blog about this, but I want to ask permission first.

also, to whoever is doing the sound effects, I found out that the mechanical chatter noise from MNOG 1 is just improperly modulated radio transmission of speech.

#579 Offline theludovyc

theludovyc
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 13-April 15
  • 1 posts

Posted Apr 13 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hello,

I'm a unity 3d developper and programmer and i love bionicle since i'm child, can i help you?

If you stop your project can i have your sources to continue?

Thanks a lot,

Ludovyc

#580 Offline Jakers_

Jakers_
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 08-June 14
  • 43 posts

Posted Apr 19 2015 - 02:24 PM

Totally played this game and it was GREAT! But I found a glitch, if you go to one of the poles near the wall were those big clovers are, you can jump of the pole and into the water below. swim awhile and you can get to the beach. cool huh?  

#581 Offline Toa Vanson

Toa Vanson
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 07-January 15
  • 401 posts

Posted Apr 22 2015 - 03:55 PM

I did extract the files. I can try again, though. Is there a certain location I have to extract to?

Not really, as long as it's a non-archived folder.

#582 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-April 15
  • 29 posts

Posted Apr 28 2015 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys! I'm really interested in your project! I'd like to know how to make models like you do! I also want to help you with the story! I love making stories and I can make good ones! I really want to help you in the project! Can I?  :D Oh, and I can create very cool names too!

Edited by tntkirill24, Apr 28 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#583 Offline bionicleFanatic

bionicleFanatic
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-March 14
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 29 2015 - 04:34 PM

If you'd like to learn how to create models and games, check out Blender and Unity3D [;)] Oh, and you might also want to watch a couple of beginner's tutorials as well, they can be quite daunting to those uninitiated in the 3D digital world [:P]

Edited by bionicleFanatic, Apr 29 2015 - 04:35 PM.

okoto_online_game_chapter_ii_logo_medium

Check out fanaticstudios.com for more info on the game (this one ^ [:P] In case it wasn't obvious [:P])!

#584 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 07-January 15
  • 1,635 posts

Posted Apr 30 2015 - 06:43 AM

Yeah like me. I've never done any actual 3D work that wasn't preprogramed in some app or program.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l: - :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

Onua.pngCO4nEKccbkmxgMZZnilv.pngkGv5ARndJDc9g0AxU6sJ.pngbBVnn25kyuDBt3bjCgJU.PNG
29o0jyq.jpgZoids:Infinite Era RPG. Come join the battle!!

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer Doseki | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

#585 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-April 15
  • 29 posts

Posted May 08 2015 - 04:09 PM

Is the project dead?

#586 Offline Zidonaro

Zidonaro
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 10-August 07
  • 901 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2015 - 02:06 PM

I really hope it isn't because I was really looking forward to exploring Le-Koro.

*Old HoloTheWise*

tumblr_nbtjft6Jfp1qm9p5uo1_500.png

#587 Offline Toa Aeron

Toa Aeron
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 14-April 13
  • 285 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2015 - 02:49 PM

IT'S ON HOLD PEOPLE!!!!

"Never underestimate your enemies, villain. You never know what they might come up with..."

-Toa Aeron, Steal the mask 2

20803.jpg

HAWKEN is love ,HAWKEN is life...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users