Project MNOG 3D

specsowl

I look forward to playing this tonight after I get home! Also, did you at one point say you were looking for someone to help with audio/music, or was that all in my head?

EDIT: Congrats on being put on the front page!

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

What kind of specs do you need to run this game? I use a dell inspirion laptop, and, well, I just hope my computer doesn't crash when I try to play this.

You can adjust the graphical settings before launching the game. I'm sure your laptop will be able to run it at a lower setting.

Hail Denmark

I look forward to playing this tonight after I get home! Also, did you at one point say you were looking for someone to help with audio/music, or was that all in my head?

EDIT: Congrats on being put on the front page!

Thank you! (and yes I did). If you have experience with audio and music or know someone who does, please PM me

I love it. I just spent the last half hour or so squeeing and snickering at everything like a little kid.

I went over every nook and cranny of the village I could, talked to everyone I saw. I love that you meet Matoran from ALL of the villages in the opening area of the game, and the dialog is great. Just reading it aloud to myself was part of the fun, just like back in the day when playing the first MNOG for the first time. The little nods to all of the "crazy" things to come in later years only made it better.

I got stuck at Nokama's hut, though. There's no door. I assume that's just something we'll have to wait for, right?

Well, for this first part of the package, it's everything I could've hoped for. Ga Koro is HUGE and surprisingly complex. There's just so much to do here, so many places to go. It's all very well designed.

Of course, I couldn't resist the urge to climb to the highest part of the village I could, and cannonball into the water. I love that the Matoran's arms flail around as he's falling.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I love it. I just spent the last half hour or so squeeing and snickering at everything like a little kid.

I went over every nook and crazy of the village I could, talked to everyone I saw. I love that you meet Matoran from ALL of the villages in the opening area of the game, and the dialog is great. Just reading it aloud to myself was part of the fun, just like back in the day when playing the first MNOG for the first time. The little nods to all of the "crazy" things to come in later years only made it better.

I got stuck at Nokama's hut, though. There's no door. I assume that's just something we'll have to wait for, right?

Well, for this first part of the package, it's everything I could've hoped for. Ga Koro is HUGE and surprisingly complex. There's just so much to do here, so many places to go. It's all very well designed.

Of course, I couldn't resist the urge to climb to the highest part of the village I could, and cannonball into the water. I love that the Matoran's arms flail around as he's falling.

Wow. pretty intense!

If it brings back memories from the original MNOG series then I guess we're well on the right track!

Like climbing the tallest of Ga Koro hey?

Ok, well here's a challenge for you; get to the top of the telescope behind Nixie's hut!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Thanks for the Mac download - this is amazing!

I'm glad that it works!

Well, it sure doesn't work for my Mac. It just sits there, bouncing on my "dock" until I force quit the program.

Am I doing something wrong?

Well, you haven't destroyed your Mac yet, so there's one problem.

No, but seriously though, I have no idea.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I'm glad that it works!

Well, it sure doesn't work for my Mac. It just sits there, bouncing on my "dock" until I force quit the program.

What do the logs say? (you can access logs in the utilities folder in the apps folder).

Also, it could be helpful to know what version of OSX you're using.

Hey! Macs are great machines!

Edited by Tattorack

I know, I'd say they're better than Windows. The only problem is that nothing works on them.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I'm glad that it works!

What do the logs say? (you can access logs in the utilities folder in the apps folder).

You're gonna have to be more specific than that. I see nothing labeled "logs" in that folder... do you mean Disk Utility logs or something?

I'm running on OSX Lion 10.7.5.

What kind of specs do you need to run this game? I use a dell inspirion laptop, and, well, I just hope my computer doesn't crash when I try to play this.

You need quite a new/advanced computer.

Can't run the game ):

Did you try adjusting the settings at the beginning from Beautiful to Good or lower?

I know, I'd say they're better than Windows. The only problem is that nothing works on them.

Really? Since when? XD

I'm glad that it works!

You're gonna have to be more specific than that. I see nothing labeled "logs" in that folder... do you mean Disk Utility logs or something?

I'm running on OSX Lion 10.7.5.

~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

I cannot begin to say how awesome this is.

I'm sure you've got plans for the game later on in development, but I could very easily see this being a sort of Mata Nui RPG in the same style as The Elder Scrolls or The Legend of Zelda; with a linear story as well as Mata-Nui-only-knows how many side-quests to enjoy.

• Upvote 1

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

So I looked there, and there were no crash logs pertaining to the MNOLG 3D game. Those logs appear to be for programs that open up and then crash; the game doesn't even open for me. The icon pops up, but proceeds to do absolutely nothing before disappearing.

Maaaan. Nothing ever goes right for me with computers.

So I looked there, and there were no crash logs pertaining to the MNOLG 3D game. Those logs appear to be for programs that open up and then crash; the game doesn't even open for me. The icon pops up, but proceeds to do absolutely nothing before disappearing.

Maaaan. Nothing ever goes right for me with computers.

I'm really sorry to hear this! I have tested on several Macs and they all seem to work, however, we will try and figure out what may be causing your issue. 

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I can do a Linux version, but I cannot guarantee it will work properly

Ok it's in the first post. Let me know if it works!

Edited by specsowl

I figured it out! Instead of looking at the Crash logs, I took a look at the Console - it said "permission denied".

There are two user accounts on my computer, and I only bothered making one of them an admin (not the user account I'm using now). So I logged into the admin one and it worked fine.

And I was blown away by the quality of the work. I was most amazed when I stepped into the water, and suddenly the music changed and there was a whole underwater world to explore! Extremely impressive work, and you and your team certainly deserve the praise you're getting.

• Upvote 2

Marvelous! I'm pretty sure that all of the praise that can be given has been given already, so I'll cut to the criticisms (I know, I'm a horrible person).  

I might suggest that you make the music change more gradual when you go into the water because it sounds rather jarring as of now. 

The huts might need some more furnishing, but that's just my opinion. 

Other than that, it is a beautiful adaptation of the game! Well done, and I am excited for future updates! 

bZpOwEr

I figured it out! Instead of looking at the Crash logs, I took a look at the Console - it said "permission denied".

There are two user accounts on my computer, and I only bothered making one of them an admin (not the user account I'm using now). So I logged into the admin one and it worked fine.

And I was blown away by the quality of the work. I was most amazed when I stepped into the water, and suddenly the music changed and there was a whole underwater world to explore! Extremely impressive work, and you and your team certainly deserve the praise you're getting.

I'm glad you got it to work!

Marvelous! I'm pretty sure that all of the praise that can be given has been given already, so I'll cut to the criticisms (I know, I'm a horrible person).  

I might suggest that you make the music change more gradual when you go into the water because it sounds rather jarring as of now. 

The huts might need some more furnishing, but that's just my opinion. 

Other than that, it is a beautiful adaptation of the game! Well done, and I am excited for future updates! 

Criticism is always good! We understand the roughness of the Pre-Alpha and there will be changes. The unfurnished houses mostly suffer from needing to make more assets, which we are doing. Our next step is refinement of Ga-Koro while simultaneously working on Ga-Wahi to Onu-Wahi which will be featured in the next update. 

I can do a Linux version, but I cannot guarantee it will work properly

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Do you know what the problem seems to be?

Unfortunately the answer is simple.

Linux and Unity don't go well together.

I suggest getting Wine installed and trying the windows version.

I just tried it. It was really annoying because my character kept falling into the water, which really put a dent in my enjoyment - I wanted to talk to the Matoran. :( 

Once I got in the water, it was really hard to get out of it - I hit the space bar, etc, and I floated up, but I got this weird glitch where my character was bouncing on the "water" area and I had to find a lily pad to stabilize me. (Otherwise I sink down again.)

The window sizes are also funky - right now playing in a window is a real pain. I have a 1280 X 720 screen, and the top buttons (min, max, close) get cut off.

Aside from that...nice work. I like the Matoran dialogues and the huts - reminded me of the original MNOG, and I liked the mysterious hut below the waves...I want to explore that further. Your elevators are really cool - like the elevator music. I see what you did with Hahli and Jaller. :P I also like the cool platforms underwater, but can't help but wish they led somewhere. :)

It's a pretty good art piece, but I can't help but feel the lack of a solid gameplay at this stage. That's ok - this is a ridiculous amount of work you've put in already - if the gameplay is as good as your models, you'll have a winner. 

[/critic]

I just tried it. It was really annoying because my character kept falling into the water, which really put a dent in my enjoyment - I wanted to talk to the Matoran. :(

Once I got in the water, it was really hard to get out of it - I hit the space bar, etc, and I floated up, but I got this weird glitch where my character was bouncing on the "water" area and I had to find a lily pad to stabilize me. (Otherwise I sink down again.)

The window sizes are also funky - right now playing in a window is a real pain. I have a 1280 X 720 screen, and the top buttons (min, max, close) get cut off.

Aside from that...nice work. I like the Matoran dialogues and the huts - reminded me of the original MNOG, and I liked the mysterious hut below the waves...I want to explore that further. Your elevators are really cool - like the elevator music. I see what you did with Hahli and Jaller. :P I also like the cool platforms underwater, but can't help but wish they led somewhere. :)

It's a pretty good art piece, but I can't help but feel the lack of a solid gameplay at this stage. That's ok - this is a ridiculous amount of work you've put in already - if the gameplay is as good as your models, you'll have a winner. 

[/critic]

You kept falling in the water!?! XD

Its not a shooter game you know, there aren't enemies lurking in every corner (yet).

Holding down spacebar just makes you go up.

When you reach out of the water, the spacebar acts as jump, hence the bouncing.

As for weird window sizes, tried playing it out of fullscreen mode?

Change up the resolution, 1600x900 may not work well for you.

If you tried it in windowed mode before fullscreen, try it now in full.

• Upvote 1

The issues with screen resolution are going to be looked into. The water is also being adjusted, but it is no glitch. There will not be a mechanic for swimming on the surface. The reason will be made more clear in the future. I am also unclear about what you mean with elevator music? There is no music, only the sounds of chains and steam. I do appreciate the kind words though on the visual aspect of the game. Of course, being a pre-alpha indicates that not everything is solid yet.

Edited by specsowl

Unfortunately the answer is simple.

Linux and Unity don't go well together.

I suggest getting Wine installed and trying the windows version.

Actually, Unity can work on linux, this just seems to be a problem with this particular port.  Plus, I really don't want to configure stuff for wine :/

Well, the main issue is just launching it.  I try to run the .x86, but nothing happens.  Do I need to install a unity base for it to run?  I really don't have enough free time to look into this.

Not funny! Basically any movement in a straight line plunges the character into the water, so I have to auto-correct the movement with the --> key to stay on the surface. If not done perfectly, I fall into the water again, get disoriented, and have to work my way out of it. Fun, that not be.

(It doesn't help that I start facing a solid wall and have to back out of it using down and SPLASH! :lol:)

I turned the sensitivity way down, which helped a little bit, but I'm still having annoyances.

Its not a shooter game you know, there aren't enemies lurking in every corner (yet).

I know this. I played MNOGs 1 and 2. I also read the controls menu for this one. :P

I can try this, yes, but I much prefer windowed mode, for reasons. For one thing, it makes printscreens easier.

The issues with screen resolution are going to be looked into. The water is also being adjusted, but it is no glitch. There will not be a mechanic for swimming on the surface. The reason will be made more clear in the future. I am also unclear about what you mean with elevator music? There is no music, only the sounds of chains and steam.

Personally I'd like to see a standardized entry point for the water like in the first 2 MNOGs, instead of falling into it every third key press. If not that, having a staircase or an elevator to get out of the water would be much much welcomed. 

But I'm not making this one, so do what you like. But I sort of figured you wanted feedback in yonder topic, so I'm giving it. :shrugs:

The sounds the elevator makes sound like music to me, I guess. 

Edited by fishers64

Not funny! Basically any movement in a straight line plunges the character into the water, so I have to auto-correct the movement with the --> key to stay on the surface. If not done perfectly, I fall into the water again, get disoriented, and have to work my way out of it. Fun, that not be.

I turned the sensitivity way down, which helped a little bit, but I'm still having annoyances.

I know this. I played MNOGs 1 and 2. I also read the controls menu for this one. :P

I can try this, yes, but I much prefer windowed mode, for reasons. For one thing, it makes printscreens easier.

The issues with screen resolution are going to be looked into. The water is also being adjusted, but it is no glitch. There will not be a mechanic for swimming on the surface. The reason will be made more clear in the future. I am also unclear about what you mean with elevator music? There is no music, only the sounds of chains and steam.

Personally I'd like to see a standardized entry point for the water like in the first 2 MNOGs, instead of falling into it every third key press. But I'm not making this one, so do what you like. But I sort of figured you wanted feedback in yonder topic, so I'm giving it. :shrugs:

The sounds the elevator makes sound like music to me, I guess. 

Ah, I understand a bit better now. The only thing about a single entry point for water would be the frustrating nature of NOT being able to jump in the water. Perhaps I will slow the movement speed. 

Edit: Perhaps something like ladders on the edge sinking far enough into the water would make ease of exiting better?

Edited by specsowl