The Elder Scrolls

Dragons target smaller villages, mountains, the College of Winterhold...more exposed areas. Small Hold capitals too, but one has never a bigger city for me (save Whiterun in the main story, Western Watchtower, and Odahviing, when I used Call Dragon the first time in the main story.So, I'm up to like 108 quests done, taking a small break because of the lag. Trying to get the Golden Touch achivement for having 100,000 gold. I have around 80,000 now.Nice scene JC, but Imperial? STORMCLOAK FTW!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Yeah, I use my home to store as many rare ores/ingots and dragon bones for later use.I plan to give my character a Daedric Greatsword and full Dragonplate armor, both upgraded to the highest extant. But that won't happen for a while. :(

if you don't know, Daedric is superior to Dragonplate

Yeah, I use my home to store as many rare ores/ingots and dragon bones for later use.I plan to give my character a Daedric Greatsword and full Dragonplate armor, both upgraded to the highest extant. But that won't happen for a while. :(

if you don't know, Daedric is superior to Dragonplate
That's debatable. Daedric armor weighs less, but Dragonplate has higher stats. It all depends on your stamina, and if you care how heavy your armor is.

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.

Uh, what? Base Daedric armor weights ten pounds heavier than base Dragonplate, and has three points higher defense. That's just torso armor, boots, helmet and gauntlets are one or two points better than Dragonplate as well.I've had dragons attack me pretty much everywhere outdoors. Fought one in Whiterun, Riften and Windhelm, all within the city walls. Riften was a pain because it kept landing on different buildings, and Riften has an annoyingly round-about path system, so by the time I got from the keep to the house you can buy there, it had moved from said house and landed on the Temple of Mara. :/

rahkshi_symbol.png

Whoops. I looked up the stats, and you're right. I had the two confused. My bad. I thought Dragonplate totaled 144, not 138.

Edited by -One-

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.

Well, yeah, if you care about weight then you might prefer the lighter material. But since I specialized in Heavy Armor I have perks that make my armor not affect my speed or stamina drain, as well as weigh nothing.If your more of a "casual user" of Heavy Armor, Dragonplate would probably be better.

Nice scene JC, but Imperial? STORMCLOAK FTW!

i was in the reach- that's just southwest of solitude. imperial territory. i'm planning on going imperial anyway, just seems more in my character's character.in any case, daedric stuff does look fantastic, dragonplate looks significantly more majestic. deadric looks twisted and demented, but dragonplate looks awesome and regal. in other words i'll be using daedric for my second runthrough. xPi'm disapointed there's no questline for the vigil of stendarr.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Yeah, it did seem like they're a faction with a questline like the Companions or the Dark Brotherhood. Maybe some DLC? Not that they would let me do anything, since I owe my soul to all but one of the Daedric Lords.Speaking of which, thinking of sacrificing Mjoll to Boethiah, just to see what her lapdog Aerin will do.

rahkshi_symbol.png

After accomplishing 90% of what I set out to do, I'll definitely make a new character when I have time- I'm just not sure how fun it will be to do some of the more menial things again. It was nice not being scared of everything that moved, at least bandits were a one-hit kill deal.I prefer just running through most of the locations, mountains especially, looking around me. The last video game I played was Halo PC many years ago, graphics like this kind of blew my mind, and still do. Soule's music definitely helps, Wind Guide You has to be one of the most inspiring songs I've heard, game related or otherwise. (Though Sovngarde gets a lot of repetition in my playlists during worknights too)I have to say I like the look of ebony armor the most. (Deadric and Dragons were cool too, but I got tired of looking at them) I spent 10 levels or so getting my smithing and enchanting skills high enough to make a useful Deadric suit with two enchantments and then I realized I liked my ebony set better so sadface. At least the experience was fun.

I usually don't, but occasionally it's nice to have a partner when dungeon delving. Especially since Lydia can help whittle an enemy's health down from afar with a bow, which I only really use against dragons. Just make sure you're not standing between her and whatever she's shooting at.Oh God, a dragon attacked Riverwood and killed Alvor's wife, Sigrid. Everyone else gathered around the dragon skeleton after I killed it, but their daughter Dorthe just stood over her mother's body yelling "This can't be happening!" It was heartbreaking.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I once bought Vigilence, and was happily walking around when a Dragon attacked the bridge I was on and killed him.Needless to say, I went back and loaded an earlier save.I also just wiped out the Dark Brotherhood. It was both easy and racked up a load of gold. :P

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I created a character (now deleted) solely to destroy the Dark Brotherhood just to see what happened. It was a solid amount of gold, but it just doesn't match unique armor, unique weapons, a near-permanent summon and a unique horse that manages to be better than Skyrim's already tank-like horses.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I also just wiped out the Dark Brotherhood. It was both easy and racked up a load of gold. :P

I hope you realize you missed out on an entire faction questline.
unless he already did that questline, unless killing them is somehow impossible after doing their quests.

I also just wiped out the Dark Brotherhood. It was both easy and racked up a load of gold. :P

I hope you realize you missed out on an entire faction questline.
unless he already did that questline, unless killing them is somehow impossible after doing their quests.
I believe they're considered Essential (non-killable), but I'm not sure.

gooooooooooooodi've attemped to defeat odhaviing about half a dozen times now. i'll bite, a few of those were my fault, mis-timing when to cast close wounds and whatnot, but that doesn't detract from the 'harharhar i'm odhaviing, you beat me? its ok, i'll sit for five seconds while you have no idea what to do because your NPCs are either dead or missing, then heal up and fight you again!' kinda thing. i'll figure out how to deal with it but goooooooood its frustrating

You mean when you first meet him, or after he's your ally? I think he's essential after the main quest, meaning he can't die if you attack him. If you're trying to get him in the trap in Dragonsreach, there is a way to do it without really attacking him.

Just run to the back of the area, where you entered. Irileth and Balgruuf are considered essential, so he can't kill them. If you attack him or he runs out of guards to kill, he'll come after you and the trap with spring when he's in position (roughly the middle of the room).

rahkshi_symbol.png

thanks, took way too long but yeah i trapped him, then polished off the rest of the main quest. i think i'm going to take a break on my primary save now, get started on my second nord. or maybe a breton. i know i'll miss the frost resistance though...edit: i would accidently save over my 90 hour playthrough. good job J. whatever, its cool, i wanted to do it again, now i have to.

Edited by ~JC~

K. Just got Skyrim, so.....Help? First TES game ever too. Umm.....At what level did you first fight the Draugr in Bleak falls barrow? Also, at what level does Dragons start becoming common and attack you/cities?And finally, last question - What difficulty do you play on?

I first went there at 4th or 5th level on my first playthrough, which was on Adept. I've been trying a second, magic-user/thief playthrough on Master. Quite a bit more difficult, but still possible. Being 18th Level and being a OHK for Snowy Sabre Cats isn't great, but Mystic Longbows and Frost Atronachs help with that. And on that subject, I haven't used fast travel once on the Master playthrough - only the carriage, which I think of like a less awesome Silt Strider.Dragons don't spawn until -

you defeat Mirulminir (spelling?) at the Northern Watchtower in Whiterun. He attacks when you give the Dragonstone, claimed in Bleak Falls Barrow, to Farengar (spelling?) Secret-Fire, the court mage. Once you do that, they randomly spawn all over. There are a few dragons that are always at some certain points; for example, the ones who come out of burial mounds. Others are leveled, and appear at the word walls. They also randomly appear as you travel, especially if you fast travel a lot.

So, on that subject of Dragons and Sabre Cats, a wonderful question - what monster, in the game overall, has been the hardest for you to beat? What made it so difficult?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Used to play on whatever the default was, then upped it to Master. Don't do that until you really have the hang of things.I was in Bleak Falls Barrow by level 4 or so, it's really not that bad. Enemies level up with you, so with a few exceptions in the wild you shouldn't have too much trouble. This includes dragons. Also yes, as stated above, dragons don't start spawning till you fight your first one in a quest near Whiterun.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I was taking Esbern back to Riverwood, and this freakin' Frost Dragon (the first I've encountered) attacked. I huddled in the Blacksmith's Workshop while both the guards and the populace fled from it. It took about fifteen minutes to kill.Being a Redguard, my character, despite having about 340 health, was nearly killed about five times.At this level, bears and Frost Trolls are rather easy. Two to three swings with a Daedric Greatsword (Buffed with Frost Damage and Fortify Two-Handed) will kill them.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

It does and it doesn't. You probably won't meet too many Draugr Deathlords at lower levels, but there are some places where you can get yourself killed if you show up at too low a level. Wouldn't worry about dragons though, they consistently level up with you (although one you meet Elder and Ancient Dragons, your level can mean squat). Honestly, only times you should be worried about being a high enough level I think are your two fights against Alduin, and when you go to Skuldafn toward the end. Or at least that's when you should be the most worried.Also, Dovydas, your sig quote, Song of Ice and Fire?

rahkshi_symbol.png

Yeah, regular dragons spawn after the Western Watchtower, Blood Dragons pop up in the tens, and Frost Dragons in the late twenties/thirty.I need to get a follower. :P

i personally found odahviing a harder fight than either form of alduin- the difference is though that alduin liked to fly and give me a chance to heal back up to full, and i apparently didn't even need to kill odahv.also killing dragons with 2h is a loooooot harder than 1h. that, or i'm using 2hs wrong. my second nord died about half a dozen or so times fighting the very first dragon. ima be level 40 by the time i fight alduin, i will. >.o