The Elder Scrolls

The main thing I don't like about Skyrim is that even Steel from the best forge in the world worked by a true master blacksmith and then improved by another master smith is still worse than a Daedric equivalent made with an anvil and a fire.STEEL IS STRONGEST. Why can't that be true?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

I'm actually doing an all-steel fighter run. Got my Skyforge Steel sword and my steel armor, my beard, and a whole lot of Mead, and that's all I've ever asked for.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

The main thing I don't like about Skyrim is that even Steel from the best forge in the world worked by a true master blacksmith and then improved by another master smith is still worse than a Daedric equivalent made with an anvil and a fire.STEEL IS STRONGEST. Why can't that be true?

I'll explain it to you like this - you're taking ebony, which must be created by a truly skilled blacksmith on its own, and then fusing the spirit of an extra-planar entity into it. Steel is just steel, no matter how good you hone it. Just making the ebony equipment is a legendary task, and making it into Daedric...That's why I liked the Morrowind explanation better, where it was stated they actually take a Daedra and stick it in the armor. Very nice about how, if you listen closely, the armor is screaming. That's why its so potent. Every time you're hitting your opponent with a Daedric weapon, all of their rage and malice about being stuck in the weapon is released.Laymans terms - Magic.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

It's like with the "glass" type, too: Don't be fooled by the name. Glass armor is not actually made of glass, it's just called that because it's a crystalline, semi-transparent material. Similarly, "ebony" in this world is not wood, but some form of metal that requires great skill to create something with. The name refers to the color, in this case.And yeah, Daedric armor is created with some form of magic, since you require a Daedra's heart for the "recipe". As Levacious said, in Morrowing you actually imprison a Daedra's soul in the armor. In Skyrim it is presumably enough to use magic bound to their organs. Also, I can't remember entirely, but I think you also need a Grand Soul Gem if you want to use the Atronach Forge in the Midden to create Daedric armor through conjuration.

OBJECTION!The book "The Armorer's Challenge" mentions Ebony being wood. Find it next to the SkyforgeOther than that, you have points. I want to see a low-magic fantasy game made with Skyrim's engine

-Rover

Well, cardwork, the newer Fallout games run on a similar engine, do they not? They have no magic, though they're sci-fi, not fantasy. That Game of Thrones RPG (not on Skyrim's engine, but decent looking none the less) that's coming out this year is low-magic, I think. Not sure though, haven't read the books or watched the TV show yet, but planning on it.And there are multiple things I'd love to challenge the modding community with.Also Lev's RPG got 5 judges approval eep!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were fun, but they're definitely not fantasy.I've heard nothing to the contrary, and it seems natural to me that Fallout 4 will run on Skyrim's engine, which sounds like it will be a pretty cool thing.

-Rover

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were fun, but they're definitely not fantasy.I've heard nothing to the contrary, and it seems natural to me that Fallout 4 will run on Skyrim's engine, which sounds like it will be a pretty cool thing.

As BZP's official Fallout junkie I can confirm that the Creation Engine is planned to be used for Fallout 4.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

OBJECTION!The book "The Armorer's Challenge" mentions Ebony being wood. Find it next to the SkyforgeOther than that, you have points. I want to see a low-magic fantasy game made with Skyrim's engine

I can tell you for certain that the book does not say that. The only mention to wood is when the suit of armors materials are mentioned, a component of which was wood. No idea why, but it was there. Though that's one of many, many components. Of which the ebony is another one.(And anything in Skyrim that contradicts Morrowind is wrong in my book, so we've got that.)And if you're wondering, the RPG won't be up until I get Than's permission to post it. So the ETA is, well... there is no E. But the TA will come eventually.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hmmm...it really does seem like a pattern-main Fallout title, main Elder Scrolls title, main Fallout title, that Bethesda does, but they stick in stuff like New Vegas sometimes. Hey, I think Fallout 4 will be great, and the faster they make it the faster they make Elder Scrolls VI, and then I can feel nostalgic about Skyrim (because a game becomes even more fun when nostalgia is present).Good luck on getting the RPG up soon Lev. Looking forward to co-hosting.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I never had a problem with Hagravens, actually. The only time was when I was going to retrieve Nettlebane, and her spells did urgghblah damage. Once I figured out where she was, though, I had no problems dodging, getting up close, and finishing her off. I don't know why they don't seem to want to use magic up close, probably because of splash damage, but they're melee is decidedly average.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

...And here I have had more trouble with Falmer than any other enemy, me thinks. It's those darn poisoned arrows that does it, coupled with the Shadow ones that get up in your face with both lightning magic and swords. I'm a mage/dual-wielding fighter in light (though enchanted) armor, so getting engaged in melee by several opponents while I'm also being drained of magic results in an annoyingly chaotic fight.

You know, I think having 100 stealth and archery makes this game too easy, as I have none of the problems that you guys have. I tend to oneshot or twoshot. Snipers ftw.Also, I'm pretty sure ebony's a metal, considering that you mine it...

Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I was never any good at stealth or archery, Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim. I pretty much skimmed my way through the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild through quick butchery and dumb luck, respectively. Give me a good ol' swordfight any day. Same thing with magic, got through the College of Winterhold quests using melee combat for the most part.Of course, that makes more than half a dragon battle just trying to get the darn thing grounded.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Archery and stealth are for wusses. Real man doesn't need anything but an axe, his armor, and his Voice

-Rover

Eh. I barely wore armor at first and seldom used my swords. My power was magic, nature's forces gripped in my bare hands. But I guess a true Nord wouldn't even use that. Drunken Master should be a viable option in Skyrim. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

Currently, my Level 37 Alt with magic, bow, and stealth, who I still haven't brought to Bleak Fall Barrows (because Dragons are overrated) could easily take my Level 47 Redguard with his armor, sword, and voice....BWAAHAHA.Nah, but seriously, my primary could win without any difficulty. Mages in their flimsy cloth armor are weak.Unless they have levitation.(NOTE: Levitation is the best spell.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Note that you can be a mage in full armor, if you so choose. :) Archery, magic and sneak you say? Sneak attack (possibly from invisibility) with 3x damage stamina-poison arrow; followed by Dual-cast Impact perk Firebolt stagger abuse.While magic is rather weak in the vanilla game, archery is pretty good. With a properly leveled archery skill you have time slow and a 15% chance of paralyzing your opponent on every hit. That's in addition to the 50% stagger chance versus humans and the likes. A character with basic Block skill can negate arrows that hit the shield, but you have to lower it when striking and that opens up the possibility of an immediate, staggering counterattack.Now, a heavily armored melee fighter would naturally have the perks that grant immunity to arrow damage (if they hit the shield, that is) plus resistance to the magic elements while blocking as well as the "less stagger" effect. Depending on what enchanted gear each character uses a fight between an archer-sneak-mage and heavily armored swordsman comes down to who gets the advantage first, I'd say. Opening with Unrelenting Force or Ice Form gives crucial time for either to do some damage before the opponent can even retaliate. That, and the possible sneak attack.Not that I'll speculate too much in PvP. Skyrim is a single-player game, after all. :PEDIT: I don't think Levitation is in Skyrim. If you have a magicmod for it, though: gimme! :D

Edited by Katuko

Levitation? Really? I still have to buy Telekenesis. I hope Levitation is in the vanilla game.So, even after the new patch and deleting all but one save for each of my two accounts, my Level 52 Argonian is still laggy and bugged out. I play on him a little, mainly play on my Level 14 Khajit. I'm trying to use more spells on my Khajit, and get some cool Conjuration (looking forward to Master-level Conjuration spells). Does anyone know of any patchmods for Skyrim? Like, a modification that fixes glitches and lag? Because I would like to know a good one.Also Besthesda has commented on April being a big month for Skyrim and Rage fans, along with reassuring separately that DLC IS coming for Skyrim. Could it finally be around the corner?

Levitation was mainly in Morrowind. Doesn't show up in Oblivion or Skyrim, though.

-Rover

Building on paralyzation, that's one reason why I didn't entirely like the way the kill camera works. First few times I were hit by the Unrelenting Force shout myself, I thought I had just been instantly killed and kept reloading the save until I realized what I was up against. The camera angle is exactly the same as the regular "death view", so until your character stops sliding and starts getting back up it's hard to tell the difference.

How does stealth help you against Dragons, though...

You obviously don't watch the videos of the best Assassin in Skyrim, SEPHxxFORxxLIFE on Google's video site (CURSE YOU NO EXTERNAL LINKING RULE). He has posted a video of his ninja skills taking down two Elder Dragons on Master (the video being called 'Skyrim (assassin) Dragons: two elders'.). He's also gotten bored and killed everybody in Whiterun, Falkreath, and Solitude, without being even noticed. He's amazing.My first character was a Wood Elf named Rakmon (my name for everything) who I was trying to make an assassin, but ended up more as a warrior who uses nearly purely Greatswords and Bows, and wears Light Armor. Good fun. My current character is a Nord Warrior named Victoria who is using Full Orcish armor and swords, axes, and Volendrung. Edited by Field Marshal Rakmon

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.