The Elder Scrolls

Used to fear Frost Trolls more than dragons. Now? Just a random encounter.Pretty interesting, since I met a Blood Dragon at the same exact spot yesterday (though the crabs were already dead). I was unimpressed with his attempts. Brought him down to the ground with Dragonrend, but he decided to fly halfway across the Hold before landing. Attracted about ten wolves going after him. <_<Wondering when I'll meet an Elder or Ancient dragon. I just hit Level 40, so it shouldn't be too long now.Imperials killed my horse. Had that horse since Level 5 or 6. Now I just have to kill them off. Krosis is the one that guards the Three-Word-Wall, right (should we give the locations for those on here? Don't want to spoil anything, though I dunno if that's a spoiler or not)? Yeah, tough bugger. Spent, like, 35 potions fighting him. >_<

Those Thalmor really annoy me. Got mad at me for wrecking like, two of their forts. What an overreaction. I'm pro-legion, but I think everyone sees that the Thalmor are just wrong.

Keep up the good work.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Thank Bethesda for Dragonrend, too, because prior to me getting it, the battles with Dragons were unnecessarily long because I had to lure them into locations where they'd be willing to actually land. If there were classes in Skyrim, you see, my Nord would've been one that specializes on nothing but twohanded and onehanded melee weapons. His archery skills were, admittedly, at least better than his magic.Amongst other news, I'm back to writing an Elder Scrolls fanfic of mine (quickly summed up as, "the Dunmer stage a revolution, bunch of bad luck for the Argonians follows") - Skyrim and Morrowind reinspired me. It was a five-month-hiatus, but now it's over. If anyone wants a link, drop me a PM.-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Krosis is the one that guards the Three-Word-Wall, right (should we give the locations for those on here? Don't want to spoil anything, though I dunno if that's a spoiler or not)? Yeah, tough bugger. Spent, like, 35 potions fighting him. >_<

That's the guy. It was an easy fight for me (sort of) since I went from Korvenjund (the place where the Jagged Crown was), which brought me to the back of the Word Wall, so I saw the Dragon first. Since it was just one of the brown low-leveled Dragons (and I'm a mighty level 21) I took out lots of health on that hit. He spun around, came down for a good ol' one on one, and using Dragonbane (Katana found in Sky Haven temple that does 10% extra damage to dragons), having the extra bonus damage to Dragons active effect Esbern gives you, as well as one unrelenting force whihc stunned the beastie, I took it out in less than 10 hits. Absorbed his soul, went on up, saw the word wall, went for it, and Krosis pops up.I guess I was lucky and saved right after killing the dragon, because Krosis was more than a match for me. So on the next try, I shot him with a poisoned arrow just as he got up out of the coffin, unrelenting forced him right into the word wall, and with him cornered into it preventing him from running away, I ran up, and used my exquisite blades sword (38 damage!) and a few poisons (and health potions) I got him. Got Krosis' mask, his staff of fireballs and some bonemeal (he had a little bit of money too), and some money from a nearby chest, I was rather pleased.Except the shout was Throw Voice. What does it do? Distracts enemies.While I can see use for it, I was sort of hoping for a bit more of a.. I don't know, powerful shout? At least you get all 3 words to it..MTL

.................................._......./////............................ .|++|.___|||...............................<>.|____|-------...................................../.../...................................D.................................N...............................E.............................R...........................N.........................O......................G....................A...............R.........O D......../|......../

My beautiful artwork.Krosis was an interesting fight. When he popped up, I realized, "Oh shoot a Dragon Priest! They're, like, five times tougher than a dragon (a Blood Dragon was guarding the wall, and had just met my Flaming Elven Sword. It was level 23, and at that point already had an 80 smithing or so. Worst, for once in the entire game, it had been about 10 minutes since my last save.He was pretty tough. I hit him once, thinking as a mage, he would instantly go down 5-10%. Not likely. Took maybe 2% of his health off if I was lucky. Kept floating back and blasting me with his ice spells. I just kept pressing the attack, power attacking him and using 20 or so potions. I used Unrelenting Force (2nd tier) on him, but he was unimpressed and kept backing up and blasting me.Finally took him down.

Amongst other news, I'm back to writing an Elder Scrolls fanfic of mine (quickly summed up as, "the Dunmer stage a revolution, bunch of bad luck for the Argonians follows") - Skyrim and Morrowind reinspired me. It was a five-month-hiatus, but now it's over. If anyone wants a link, drop me a PM.

I might be dropping that PM sometime soon.Before the Great Downtime of 2011, I met with a not-so-active BZP member on another site, and when we saw the first Skyrim Trailer (the teaser) we were so freaked out and excited we started thinking, "Gee, what about a BZP COT RPG to bide the time over.". Made ideas, I started writing it up.BZP was plunged into a 1000 year sleep by Makuta.He hasn't done anything since BZP is up, and I finished it over the break. Maybe after a while, when people are done killing Alduin and his minions (well, from 20% of their time to only 10%) I might see if it's approved.About 20,000 words. Pretty impressive. Wrote a whole plot and everything. Would make an epic story....Have an 80 enchanting ATM. Almost 100.... I have the 6 black soul gems all filled up for when I double enchant my Legendary Daedric Equipment.QUESTION: How many of you found the Notched Pickaxe?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

My unrelenting force is all 3 words, and I got the small mediatation upgrade for it from Paarthurnax. So he listened to what I had to say...Since I've lulled myself into a false sense of secruity by usually being able to one hit most mages, I once and a while get a Necromancer or Wizard who doesn't quite get the "point", and refuses to die without me using all my potions.I don't know where to find the rest of the Dragon Priests. Don't know if I want to....The Notched Pickaxe is on the Throat of the World, isn't it? I couldn't find. I found some ice wraiths, a almost buried Dragon skeleton, and a person skeleton holding a dwarven shield (which I gave to Lydia; she has full improved Steel plate armour and a 38 damage scimiat, why don't I take her out of the house already?), but no pickaxe. Doesn't it improve smithing or something?MTL

Most of them guard Word Walls, ask the Greybeards, they can point you to them. Also, the Notched Pickaxe is waaay up there. Higher than Paarthurnax, and there's no direct path I don't think, so be careful climbing up there.I remember Krosis now, that was a brutal fight. Especially right after the blood dragon fight (I was barely level 20, I think).

rahkshi_symbol.png

Oh, I have all 3 words now. Have for a long while. Back then? No luck.Time Stop = EpicReally good ore up there, too. As soon as you grab the axe, start mining.Found it on accident. After I killed Alduin I was like "lol let's finish climbing this mountain" and hopped up rocks until I found it lodged in a rock.No secret 6th Greybeard though.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Haha, Ebony.The good stuff.And yeah, Krosis slapped me all over the place on my first two attempts to get at him.And I'm still bewildered as to what exactly my horse did that made him stop attacking until I staggered him and he was practically dead that third time.

helo frens

After deliberation, I think I'll switch sides to the Imperials. Why?Because I think Brunwulf Free-Winter has a point, even though he keeps calling me a Nord rather than an Argonian. The Stormcloaks just don't seem to care much for non-Nords. I don't like that.So why the Imperials, you ask? They're practically owned by the Thalmor.That's why I made my guy an assassin.Death to the Thalmor, death to the false emperor. To the liberation of all the provinces from the Thalmor's yoke, and to a new, more prosperous Empire.Hail Sithis.

Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Lolyeah on the Brunwulf part. When he went and asked my Dark Elf (that I actually only made to check out if dialogue has big changes when you change races) if he was one of the "Skyrim for the Nords types" I wanted to answer, "Yes, outsiders like me have no place here."Another thing: the Morag Tong needs to be in some future game. Badly. I'm sick of the Dark Brotherhood; whenever I want to be an assassin in Oblivion or Skyrim, I am thoroughly repulsed by all of their cultishness and outright darkness.-Dovydas

Killed first Elder Dragon. When I hit Level 40 I wondered how long. Swooped down on me.... right in the middle of the College of Winterhold. >_<

Another thing: the Morag Tong needs to be in some future game. Badly. I'm sick of the Dark Brotherhood; whenever I want to be an assassin in Oblivion or Skyrim, I am thoroughly repulsed by all of their cultishness and outright darkness.

Morag Tong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Brotherhood

Death to the Thalmor, death to the false emperor. To the liberation of all the provinces from the Thalmor's yoke, and to a new, more prosperous Empire.

We should put the Dovahkiin on the throne as Emperor. After all, he's the only one who could (if it still existed) wear the Amulet of Kings. Medes are just.... lame.Lame.Then kill all the Thalmor! I mean, if one guy can just walk into a Thalmor camp with 10 men guarding the outside, all clad in Glass Armor, and kill everybody that's outside and inside, it can't be that hard with an army and siege engines.Random Question: Who took their time to find (and I'm probably misspelling some of these) the Eidolons Ward, Ring of Phynater, Denstagmars Ring, Ring of the Warlock, the Staff of Hasedoki, Staff of Magnus, Bow of Shadows, and the Boots of Blinding Speed?(I want to know I'm not the only person with too much time on their hands)On the Ebony Mail: I was so happy when Boethiah told me I would be getting the Ebony Mail as a reward. I was unimpressed. It wasn't even a fraction of its power and glory from in Morrowind. :(-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, considering I've encountered both in that same exact location....Elder Dragons are significantly more powerful. Many more hitpoints, and the one I fought did about twice as much damage with melee and Frost Breath attacks. Wasn't a very long fight since I used Dragon Rend and brought his fanny down, and am pretty good at avoiding dragon hits. Still ended up using potions though.(And so have I. I've made at least a couple hundred iron daggers, plus the ones I enchanted)(Speaking of which, 86 Enchanting. Only 14 to go and I can double enchant...)

Hunting down all those Dragon Priest masks was a fun little side adventure. Well worth the uber mask I got at the end of it all.Also, Labyrinthian was a little underwhelming. The labyrinth part, at least. I expected it to be much larger and more difficult, especially since it was apparently notorious for being ludicrously huge and confusing in Arena.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Lolyeah on the Brunwulf part. When he went and asked my Dark Elf (that I actually only made to check out if dialogue has big changes when you change races) if he was one of the "Skyrim for the Nords types" I wanted to answer, "Yes, outsiders like me have no place here."

I thought that was a sarcastic choice, so I chose that.:(

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Also, Labyrinthian was a little underwhelming. The labyrinth part, at least. I expected it to be much larger and more difficult, especially since it was apparently notorious for being ludicrously huge and confusing in Arena.

Indeed. All of the supposedly difficult puzzles have proved incredibly easy. At least, much easier than finding those blasted standing stones in Bloodmoon. :PI've been doing more random locations, and I've decided I'm less impressed then I expected I would be. I'm starting to recognize each of the rooms and set ups. I thought there wer supposed to be half the dungeons, all different and much larger? Perhaps they threw that idea out.Oh well.Hey Dovydas, do you happen to know if there is a Morrowind moderator that makes combat more like in the other games? I did always find it troubling that I'd have to swing my sword twenty seven times just to get a hit on something, and the combat improvement would nearly double replayability.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I'm honestly unsure on how it works, but the only decent, finished combat moderator I'm aware of is Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced.Hmmmmm.I might actually try it, now that I think of it.... When I'm not so busy with my TES fanfic.Also, can't wait for Tamriel Rebuilt to get done the remaining areas of mainland Morrowind, because the only moderator that allows you to join Great House Indoril is indefinitely a beta for a few years now.JSYK, Tamriel Rebuilt is a moderator project that aims to add mainland Morrowind to the game. It's already done with the Telvanni areas in the east, and working on the Indoril lands now.-Dovydas

There's a Nordic ruin not far from Windhelm that's pretty neat. It's kinda small, but there are these little blue orbs that bounce and follow you around. You also get a unique helmet that's pretty cool, looks similar to Draugr Deathlord helmets. Overall, I've liked the dungeons a lot more than Oblivion's. Ayleid stuff was pretty cool for a while, but since that's pretty much all it had except for a few forts, I got tired of seeing them. At least Skyrim has a solid distribution of Nordic and Dwemer stuff.

rahkshi_symbol.png

There's a Nordic ruin not far from Windhelm that's pretty neat. It's kinda small, but there are these little blue orbs that bounce and follow you around. You also get a unique helmet that's pretty cool, looks similar to Draugr Deathlord helmets. Overall, I've liked the dungeons a lot more than Oblivion's. Ayleid stuff was pretty cool for a while, but since that's pretty much all it had except for a few forts, I got tired of seeing them. At least Skyrim has a solid distribution of Nordic and Dwemer stuff.

I just can't stand the Ayleid ruins anymore. They were all the same. No fun. Dwemer ruins are much mroe fun, usually more profitable, and you could actually believe people once lived there.Also, I finished Blacreach the other day. Awesome place. I only found eighteen Crimson Nirnroots, but that's ok. I found a giant in there, and nearby a Dwarven centurion. The ensusing fight was awesome, but short. The Centruion was beaten down, having taken out about half of the giants health. A quick fos do rah and I finished the giant.Also, the Dark Brotherhood has been highered to kill me. Really sad too because I tried to get married (a accident that results from putting on the amulet of Mara accidentely) to the girl in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun who you have to beat in a brawl, and then I was waiting in Riften, the right day, and she didn't show up, whichs means...I'm going to find out who Astrid is, find which city she's in, and kill her and all her friends, which I assume are all Dark Brotherhood chaps. Then maybe I'll have a nice Nord Mead at the local inn.MTL

Blackreach. Really is just totally awesome.

JSYK, Tamriel Rebuilt is a moderator project that aims to add mainland Morrowind to the game. It's already done with the Telvanni areas in the east, and working on the Indoril lands now.

Haven't played it yet - about same time I saw it I lost my disk - but it looks amazing. What level of characters are the areas aimed at?I've killed at least two assassins so far. Chumps.

At least Skyrim has a solid distribution of Nordic and Dwemer stuff.

Yes. Though as I've stated, having to work to locate all the pieces in a suit of armor made it more rewarding.And if you killed Fyr for his Daedric armor... well, you're just messed up. -_--Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

And if you killed Fyr for his Daedric armor... well, you're just messed up. -_-

That reminds me, I think there's a full suit of Orcish armour in Loraskburhg (a small Orcish village near Karthsipre I think). I didn't pick it up since my inventory was almost full and there was a dragon attacking. They wanted me to bring them some troll fat and a daedra heart, which I got, and maybe they'll give me the armour for them...But no, it won't be that easy, will it?MTL

About stopping the Dark Brotherhood, there is a way. I'll put it in spoilers just in case:

Start off the quests normally like you want to join the Dark Brotherhood and go see the kid performing the Black Sacrament in Windhelm. Do what he asks, kill the woman at the Riften orphanage, get your "reward" from the kid and wait for the courier to give you the note, or just skip that and go to sleep. When you wake up in the abandoned shack, Astrid tells you to kill one of the three hostages to join the DB. If you want to destroy the DB instead, attack and kill Astrid and leave the hostages alone. When she's dead, travel to any city and talk to any guard, and that will put you on the path to completely destroying the Dark Brotherhood.

Also, again, ManiacToaLaco, before you're completely done in Blackreach, Unrelenting Force shout that big orange globe hanging from the ceiling in the center.

rahkshi_symbol.png

About stopping the Dark Brotherhood, there is a way. I'll put it in spoilers just in case:Also, again, ManiacToaLaco, before you're completely done in Blackreach, Unrelenting Force shout that big orange globe hanging from the ceiling in the center.

Really now? Well then, guess I'm going to Windhelm....Oh, I got that Dragon. He missed me when I hit the orb and he landed on the other side of that big strucutre under the orb and started eating Falmer. I then got a chance to pepper him with arrows, then he finally got to me, and I did my first finishing move on a dragon when I killed him. Blackreach may have been the best dungeon I've ever done, if not the best, it's up there. Just too much fun.MTL

Blackreach is just gorgeous. I don't think I've explored all of it quite yet (feels like I've spent an ungodly amount of time there, though), but from the first moment I entered it during the main quest I was all "WoooaaaahhhAAHHH WHERE'D THE DWEMER SPHERE COME FROM??"

rahkshi_symbol.png

JSYK, Tamriel Rebuilt is a moderator project that aims to add mainland Morrowind to the game. It's already done with the Telvanni areas in the east, and working on the Indoril lands now.

Haven't played it yet - about same time I saw it I lost my disk - but it looks amazing. What level of characters are the areas aimed at?
I'm not sure, really. I played all the areas after I had finished all three main quests (and thus got Trueflame which makes an overall half of all battles painfully easy) and it felt rather easy, so it's hard to say.-Dovydas

Blackreach is just gorgeous. I don't think I've explored all of it quite yet (feels like I've spent an ungodly amount of time there, though), but from the first moment I entered it during the main quest I was all "WoooaaaahhhAAHHH WHERE'D THE DWEMER SPHERE COME FROM??"

I got out of it and ended up near Whiterun. It's huge! I don't think I got anywhere even close to half of it checked out.MTL

Yeah, there's a bunch of separate entrances and exits to the place throughout pretty much the northern half of Skyrim.Encountered my first elder dragon earlier. Very noticeable difference between it and frost dragons, bigger than the difference between frost and blood dragons. Doesn't help that I ran into two Draugr Deathlords immediately before and after that fight.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Yeah, even if none of his lines can compare nowadays to, "Greetings. You seek knowledge. M'aiq has much. Some of it is based on actual facts!"I encountered him where the river that flows beside Windhelm meets that other river.Also, you know what's retarded?That when you finish liberating Skyrim, the Legates in Imperial camps are still counted as essential NPCs.Screaming "A pox on the Empire!" is not half as interesting when one of your band of enemies is immortal.-Dovydas

Yeah, I noticed problems like that. Also, the fact that characters who can be Jarls still have the title Jarl even after losing their position. Which, of course, is silly.Maiq is awesome. Still will never know how to repay him for pointing me to awesomesauce sword.*Sigh* The good old days, when 94% of a quest was finding the quest.Ditto to seeing him twice in Skyrim. I lived in Anvil for Oblivion, so I always saw him outside of it in that game.(I hope Sk-aiq finds his calipers.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Well, I finsihed the civil war on the Imperial side. I must say, I was slightly disapointed with Ulfric. I mean, he didn't even have any armour on. He met me, Tullius and Rikke in his pajamas basically. And he didn't fight to well either. Of course, I did use unrelenting force on him as soon as I got the chance, then took out all his health with my 60 damage Blades sword (exquisite). Then his buddy, Galmor Stone-Fist attacked me, and with one epic finishing move I cut him through. Then Ulfric said "Have the Dragonborn kill me, it'll make a better song." Since I didn't end up using a finisher on him, it wasn't all that impressive.The nextthing I did was the quest where you have to trap Odahviing. It took me 5 tries before I tried running away down the room and he got caught in the traps. I felt so stupid, although it's nice having the "call dragon" shout now.And my wife was OK, she just decided to be fashionably late arriving to our wedding. And when he walked outside, we got attacked by a blood dragon. A day to remember indeed!MTL

Augh, so much I've missed. Well, to top things off, Hircine is my favorite god, but not in Skyrim. He was pretty boring in Skyrim.In all honestly, I've grown pretty bored of my first character. I'm so powerful, nothing is a challenge anymore, but I don't want to make a new character until I've gotten all the achievements, but that seems almost impossible since two Daedric quests are glitched for me, and also the last Imperial quest to attack Windhelm.I've got my next character all planned out though. A female High Elf who is skilled with all schools of magic, but also has a shield.Also, apparently you can hit a butterfly in mid-air with your weapon, and then pick up both wings as they fall to the ground. I accidently did thiswhile killing some mudcrabs, and when I looked down to pick them up, I realized I was standing on the carcass of a giant mudcrab that was half hidden in the ground. It was amazing.Also, I recommend going to Frostflow Lighthouse between Winterhold and Dawnstar. You get a miscellaneous quest once you enter, but it's really cool. My favorite miscellaneous quest in the game.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

That was a really neat quest, if a little tragic.Why is it that every time Bethesda releases a patch, my game gets progressively more broken? I had almost no issues with the initial release, at least nothing major. Patch 1.2, as I mentioned here earlier, my game would randomly crash to the desktop ever few hours. Now the 1.3 patch was just installed, and now it crashes about every 20-30 minutes, and textures are missing, resulting in pinkish purple dragons. This was never a problem before.

rahkshi_symbol.png

All of the talk about flying horses I've seen nothing of in the game. The only problem I have is the crashing thing - I'll be hopping around, and suddenly *CRASH* broken game.One time it was a blue screen, but all the other times it was just the game.Final Note - Finished the Stormcloak quests. I had Ulfric kill the General, since "the honor is yours". I was disappointed a bit - I wanted to see his head roll away. That's what they wanted mine to do in Helgen. <_<Who was it that used Ohdaviing in Whiterun? Try using it in the Battle for Solitude. I'm not sure which one of us killed more Imperials before I figured out where the castle was, but they were everywhere.Charred and chopped up.Side Final Note - What kind of dragon is he supposed to be? When I was trying to trap him, he did more damage than I believe the Elder Dragon who attacked me in the College did. He's also a much different color. So I don't know.Basically the question is - how powerful is he? Levelled or set?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Those "the honor is yours moments"...I honestly hate them.I so darn wanted to kill Tullius, but when they said the magic word "honor", I simply couldn't, because I thought it selfish to take such an honor. I couldn't use Odahviing for the Battle of Solitude because I finished the Stormcloak quest line practically in the beginning.-Dovydas