The Elder Scrolls

Oh, he's still lying around in front of his blacksmith thingy, don't get me wrong. He just won't revive. :P
Aha. In that case, are you 100% certain that the ID you get when targeting him is actually Lod's, and not some random clutter or background object nearby? Depending on what he died from you might also have to just disable the body and place a new copy of him. If his head is gone, for example, the corpse might not register as his anymore (having been separated into two body part objects); ditto if you are using that moderator that causes fire attacks to result in burnt corpses.
I found the problem, I forgot to click on his corpse. :PRevived him and did the quest. ^_^

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

It's not that Khajiit and Argonians suck, JC. It's that elves are a million times better. And humans, twice as much as that. But yeah, that said, going with the others on the moving on part.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Moving on, I think I'll be getting hearth-fire soon.
I got that last night. The moment I walked into Morthal, I got two letters. First was from the steward of Whiterun, telling me about an upgrade for Breezehome that will apparently add a child's bedroom to the house (haven't purchased it yet, so I don't know how much it costs). The second was from that Imperial Jarl in Falkreath -- practically inviting me to his house for tea/mead and offering to make me Thane and sell me the plot of land there.I've been avoiding him, but after reading that, how can I say no? :P-Inferna

Waitwaitwait. The Jarl of Falkreath was polite?!
I know, right? :P(In the letter, anyway -- though then again, he probably had someone writing it for him, and they were being politcally correct for him. Still, it's more than I expected from him.)-Inferna

You darn tootin' their fighting wordsI'd fight you, but since you're a Khajit/Argoninan, I won't cuz it'd be too easy.
Woah now. I know we were doing bad grammar and all, but "their"? Really? I'm sorry, but you have been disqualified from this argument.Ukay: 1JC: 0Anyway. I hate the stupid dead thrall glitch. My dead thrall disappeared awhile ago, but everyone still asks me to douse my magic. I really wish there was a way to fix it.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

You mean chaurus? (Chauri? What is the plural of that?) The bane of my dungeon crawls? They get worse in Dawnguard, for whatever reason Bethesda thought it was a good idea to give them wings.
I think I've heard somewhere Chauri is the plural of those darn monsters.I bet those Hunters are a pain, aren't they? And they look creepy, IMO.

Part of the problem is they hide in these cocoons (which are technically old chaurus corpses, they evolve into the cocoons for the hunters) and burst out of them only when you attack them or are practically on top of them, and not all of them actually hold chaurus hunters, so you never know which ones in a group -- and they're always in groups -- are gonna have a flying nightmare pop out. Gargoyles are pretty similar, not all of the statues you run into will have a gargoyle burst out, and there's no indication which is which.Although chaurus hunters have a pretty satisfying finisher move, when your character pretty much mushes its head under his/her boot.

rahkshi_symbol.png

So how bad are the vampire raids? I'm considering re installing Dawnguard, or at least keeping it around on a USB stick and playing it when I have enough fire spells to make the vampires feel like the fist of an ANGRY GOD has struck them.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Part of the problem is they hide in these cocoons (which are technically old chaurus corpses, they evolve into the cocoons for the hunters) and burst out of them only when you attack them or are practically on top of them, and not all of them actually hold chaurus hunters, so you never know which ones in a group -- and they're always in groups -- are gonna have a flying nightmare pop out. Gargoyles are pretty similar, not all of the statues you run into will have a gargoyle burst out, and there's no indication which is which.
For my assassin character, the Gargoyles were a pain. But the Chaurus - not so much. A 1000+ damage strike on the cocoon kills them before they get the chance to burst out, and systematically killing them all as they rest there isn't hard. Since they're rarely, if ever, just freely frying, you can also just sneak past them and the Falmer, unlike the Spiders of normal Chaurus, who can spot you if you don't kill them. Having eyes helps - a half dozen, doubly so. The Gargoyles, on the other hand, pop up regardless of your sneaking, and you can't kill them before they come after you in most cases.My main, on the other hand, just murders them all with ease.@ Basilisk; I never had trouble with them. I only once met the Mysterious Wanderer or whoever, and I killed him in one hit before he got any NPCs. I wouldn't recommend playing the add-on until past Level 20, especially for full satisfaction. Of course, I only rarely visit towns after Level 30.@ JC, UK, other initials; Look, let's see this simply.Argonians can heal themselves. But Imperials can calm them at lower levels to be useless, and do so until higher levels, when their extra gold is more than enough to get the necessary potions and weapons. Nords can scare them away and then beat the crud out of them as they flee. Redguards can Adrenaline Rush and make power attacks too fast for the Argonian to heal. Altmer can regenerate enough magic to heal themselves just as fast while blowing up the Argonian. Dunmer can roast them if they come close and look awesome. Orcs can ignore their attempts at damage while beating the crud out of them. And Bosmer can blast them with arrows from afar and then, as they flee, send Mudcrab armies after them into the water.Khajiit see well in the dark. And they have claws. Huh...Well, I think we can now determine, based on statistics, which races are inferior. Now, from a lore based perspective.Nords are battle-hardened warriors from the north. Redguards are skilled soldiers and honorable fighters with a rich military tradition. Imperials are skilled diplomats and negotiators, who despite all odds, were able to conquer an entire continent and have their first emperor become a god. Bretons are naturally gifted witches and wizards known for political intrigue and a quick grasp of magic. Altmer are the masters of wizardry, able to conjure the greatest of arcane powers. Orcs are a cursed race with a savage but not noble history able to overcome the scorn of society with the aid of their great Daedric protector, Malacath. Dunmer are deadly spellswords with a firm root in ancient traditions, residing in an alien land full of strange flora and fauna. And Bosmer... well, okay, they suck too.But Argonians? They're just lizards that worship trees. And Khajjit? How Bethesda is able to appeal to a certain fanbase known for putting on strange costumes and behaving as though they are members of an inferior species.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Like I said before though, I'm not big on sneaking, so I just whack every cocoon I see (if I can see it, walked right on top of one in Blackreach) with my sword until something angry pops out. I've honestly never thought about using Aura Whisper, but now that you mention it, I'm gonna have to give that shot.In my game, vampire attacks aren't all that common, I usually run into them killing bandits out in the wild when I've blotted out the sun. And I love jumping straight into those free-for-alls with Serana, us vs. bandits vs. vampires with death hounds and occasional gargoyles is all kinds of fun. :D

rahkshi_symbol.png

@ JC, UK, other initials; Look, let's see this simply.Argonians can heal themselves. But Imperials can calm them at lower levels to be useless, and do so until higher levels, when their extra gold is more than enough to get the necessary potions and weapons. Nords can scare them away and then beat the crud out of them as they flee. Redguards can Adrenaline Rush and make power attacks too fast for the Argonian to heal. Altmer can regenerate enough magic to heal themselves just as fast while blowing up the Argonian. Dunmer can roast them if they come close and look awesome. Orcs can ignore their attempts at damage while beating the crud out of them. And Bosmer can blast them with arrows from afar and then, as they flee, send Mudcrab armies after them into the water.Khajiit see well in the dark. And they have claws. Huh...
The Imperial calming ability works once per day. Such a power isn't really applicable for multiple battles, unless you wait for a day between each. Playing Imperial, I never really noticed any extra gold. The majority of income was from selling potions and weapons, which you can easily earn a pretty sum off with some alchemy/enchanting done.It's a point that not every race has special abilities that benefit them as they should. However, over the course of my Skyrim playing I usually forget I even have said special abilities, because you can make your character however you want and at higher levels they become more and more similar. The only difference is that the powers that give you health/magic regen, berserking strength etc. stay useful while the more passive ones (gold+, nightvision) stay mostly useless.As any race, superior gear, perks and spells will usually have a lot more to say for combat than the race. In fact, when someone asks about a race to pick, the usual response is "whatever floats your boat".
Nords are battle-hardened warriors from the north. Redguards are skilled soldiers and honorable fighters with a rich military tradition. Imperials are skilled diplomats and negotiators, who despite all odds, were able to conquer an entire continent and have their first emperor become a god. Bretons are naturally gifted witches and wizards known for political intrigue and a quick grasp of magic. Altmer are the masters of wizardry, able to conjure the greatest of arcane powers. Orcs are a cursed race with a savage but not noble history able to overcome the scorn of society with the aid of their great Daedric protector, Malacath. Dunmer are deadly spellswords with a firm root in ancient traditions, residing in an alien land full of strange flora and fauna. And Bosmer... well, okay, they suck too.But Argonians? They're just lizards that worship trees. And Khajjit? How Bethesda is able to appeal to a certain fanbase known for putting on strange costumes and behaving as though they are members of an inferior species.
And on the contrary, from a lore-based perspective Nords can be called the close-minded, generic warrior race of the cold, boring north; the Altmer generic fantasy elves; the Orcs another generic fantasy race; and so on. Calling Argonians simple tree-worshippers is the same as calling Nords simple frost-worshippers. There is a lot more to them than that, but of course when the game focuses on a human-dominated land, the other races are less prevalent.Calling Khajiit just an attempt at appealing to the extreme side of the "furry fandom" is also a very loaded and ignorant stance to take. You might as well call any animal-based race of any fantasy setting the same; including those of Dungeons and Dragons, Narnia, Everquest, Final Fantasy, and most everything on this list. What I read from that sentence is that you have some form of misinformation on exactly what or why an anthropomorphic character is used for; and that you allow your feelings towards an entirely disconnected fanbase influence your thoughts on Bethesda's character design. I can guarantee that Khajiit were made from the notion of "hey, cat people are cool" rather than "how can we best appeal to a niche community that we may or may not even have heard about if we haven't been searching the internet for them?" Edited by Katuko

Besides, if the Khajiit were what he claimed, then I'm sure the glorious inquisition would have already dealt with Bethesda. The Emperor protects!Moving on, I'm going to get Dawnguard on a USB stick and when I level up enough, play through it. I'll experiment as much as I can with the raids and keep some detailed records.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I'm going to get Dawnguard on a USB stick and when I level up enough, play through it. I'll experiment as much as I can with the raids and keep some detailed records.
Can you actually run DLC from USB, or do you mean you'll just be storing it there until you choose to install it properly?

Storing it. I'm looking forwards to trying out the Vampire Lord form.Do the raids stop after you finish the DG questline?

Like I said. I never had any problems with NPCs dying in Dawnguard. Because I could kill every single Vampire in a few seconds. Swords everywhere.@ Katuko; If you want extra gold for Imperials, you need to check things like the urns in Draugr ruins and other places they wouldn't normally pop up. It's only a couple, but it comes up to about another 100 per level. Not much, sure, but anything helps at low levels. The calming ability, on the other hand, is always useful - I can still use it on a Level 50 Imperial, just in case things get out of hand. The Illusion magic perks may or may not help, but the power seems to put even Guards out of commission.The Khajjit thing was a joke, in case actually going through that post didn't strike you as the entire thing being humorous.The Argonian thing still stands, though. They're lizard people, and the main religion of Argonia is the Hist, who are trees. In fact, you're going to find more Argonians who don't worship trees in everywhere other than their homeland than in it.However, I still don't like either of the beast races, because I don't find them as interesting. I also tend to take a pro-Human bias in most games or stories, though. It's hard to imagine why.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

@ Katuko; If you want extra gold for Imperials, you need to check things like the urns in Draugr ruins and other places they wouldn't normally pop up. It's only a couple, but it comes up to about another 100 per level. Not much, sure, but anything helps at low levels.
I have some OCD with looting. Still, urns were not exactly the best source of income compared to everything else you can get cash from.
The Khajjit thing was a joke, in case actually going through that post didn't strike you as the entire thing being humorous.
Ah, sorry then. But no, I didn't see much humor in it. Considering the usual debates I've seen on the net, I sometimes need a smiley or something to be certain that yes, it's humor, and yes, it's not idiocy. :P
The Argonian thing still stands, though. They're lizard people, and the main religion of Argonia is the Hist, who are trees. In fact, you're going to find more Argonians who don't worship trees in everywhere other than their homeland than in it.
I know , but what I meant to convey was that saying it's just trees is the same as saying Talos is just a man. There is more to each Skyrim mindset than that.
However, I still don't like either of the beast races, because I don't find them as interesting. I also tend to take a pro-Human bias in most games or stories, though. It's hard to imagine why.
And on the other hand, I usually favor the non-human races, simply because I play a human by default in most games. Fantasy and sci-fi has the potential to mix things up and give unique experiences. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, depending on who you ask) the race choice in Skyrim doesn't have any large impact on how you'll play your character in the end. If you want an Orc mage, you can be an Orc mage, for example, even if they usually stick to melee combat.

I think they really wanted to go for the "be whatever you want, play however you want, complete freedom" vibe with Skyrim, they seemed to always touch on that factor when they were hyping it up last year. And that's not bad, a lot of open-ended RPGs aren't as free play as they're often advertised to be, but in the process they did kinda negate the uniqueness of each race in terms of gameplay. I mean, it's cool that you can play whatever you want with whatever race, but that choice of race kinda comes down to aesthetic preference (Dark Elves ftw).Gameplay wise, individual racial abilities had much more effect in Morrowind and Oblivion (and probably the first two, I never played them).

rahkshi_symbol.png

HERESY!HERESYHERESY!*Appears, somewhat haggered, holding a bolt pistol* :P

Edited by Basilisk

Relax, JC, Basilisk. It's a Dark Elf. They hate the Thalmor just as much as the rest of us.@ BenLuke; The only thing in that game that wasn't bugged was the box. At least, most of the time.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Probably not, if they stick to lore they more or less disappeared a while before TESO takes places (Second Era). The twisted Falmer may show up as enemies in the Skyrim region again, I guess, but I was under the impression they only recently started showing up again by the time Skyrim takes place, in the Fourth Era.

rahkshi_symbol.png