The Elder Scrolls

Probably not, if they stick to lore they more or less disappeared a while before TESO takes places (Second Era). The twisted Falmer may show up as enemies in the Skyrim region again, I guess, but I was under the impression they only recently started showing up again by the time Skyrim takes place, in the Fourth Era.
Ah, that's too bad.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got my PC back. (Stupid power supply)... Seems the debate got buried. Hmm.Obtained Hearthfire, and I have to say, it's incredibly useful for Alchemists. Just make sure to bring loads of Iron Ingots and buy tons of wood from the Wood mills (200+)

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

So for 360 players, is Hearthfire worth it? I figure it's probably due to come out for PC in the coming weeks, and still not sure if I wanna get it. There are plenty of free house modifications already out there, but I heard some stuff like the item retextures (food items, specifically) were pretty cool. Not sure if that's enough though, since I can tell you now the whole adoption thing isn't going to be used by me, my characters are just not cut out to be parents lol.

rahkshi_symbol.png

So for 360 players, is Hearthfire worth it? I figure it's probably due to come out for PC in the coming weeks, and still not sure if I wanna get it. There are plenty of free house modifications already out there, but I heard some stuff like the item retextures (food items, specifically) were pretty cool. Not sure if that's enough though, since I can tell you now the whole adoption thing isn't going to be used by me, my characters are just not cut out to be parents lol.
If you are into Alchemy, get it. You can grow a horrendous amount of plants in a short time; one crop spot can give you [3] or [4] of an item. And with a Greenhouse, you can grow even more.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I learned recently you can buy a wooden sword for your kids.My son? A feeble wooden sword?Heck no.Dragon bone blade. Fully upgraded to the highest Legendary my buffs can make. Soul enchant for Burn damage and Soul Trap. Enjoy this gift from Dad.The little guy now spends half an hour a day practicing with it on the "Child's Target Dummy" in the basement. It's a little frightening.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I learned recently you can buy a wooden sword for your kids.My son? A feeble wooden sword?Heck no.Dragon bone blade. Fully upgraded to the highest Legendary my buffs can make. Soul enchant for Burn damage and Soul Trap. Enjoy this gift from Dad.The little guy now spends half an hour a day practicing with it on the "Child's Target Dummy" in the basement. It's a little frightening.
Best part? You can theoretically kill a dragon with that wooden sword like a boss.

Best part? You can theoretically kill a dragon with that wooden sword like a boss.
It will just take an hour or so.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

So what's up with vampires in Skyrim and shoes? Or boots, specifically. In Shriekwind Bastion there's a big ol' pile of em near one vampire, and in Movarth's Lair Serana and I discovered several shelves full of nothing but boots. I mean good footwear is important, especially in a harsh landscape like Skyrim, but man. Vampires really seem to love boots.

rahkshi_symbol.png

When you live in a tomb and have to stare at masonry all day, even boot-collecting seems like a good hobby.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

So what's up with females in the real world and shoes? Or boots, specifically. In my girlfriend's house there's a big ol' pile of em near one vampire, and in my mother's room and I discovered several shelves full of nothing but boots. I mean good footwear is important, especially in a harsh landscape like 'MURICA, but man. Vampires really seem to love boots.
Fixed

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Hey, can you guys advise me on a bug I'm having? The HUD is not visible on screen when the display is set to normal. I need to see my health, stamina, magicka and compass again! I have tried all three levels of Black Level setting, on Normal and Widescreen, and I am currently playing with half of the bars and half the compass showing, which is the best I can get. I tried resetting the display on my 360 to factory defaults, as the Microsoft Tech support person suggested. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know a fix?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Bethesda currently has nothing to say about DLC for PS3. Happy? I know you're not. Look, if I could give PS3 the DLC, I would. I feel bad for you guys. But no, there is still no news. They still can't make it work. They did say that at this point it would work for most people, but not for everyone, which isn't good enough. If I remember right, that's what was said. Not sure though.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Bethesda currently has nothing to say about DLC for PS3. Happy? I know you're not. Look, if I could give PS3 the DLC, I would. I feel bad for you guys. But no, there is still no news. They still can't make it work. They did say that at this point it would work for most people, but not for everyone, which isn't good enough. If I remember right, that's what was said. Not sure though.
Supposedly, it's a memory issue... If I've heard correctly, PS3 has had many issues with cross console games.

Hey, can you guys advise me on a bug I'm having? The HUD is not visible on screen when the display is set to normal. I need to see my health, stamina, magicka and compass again! I have tried all three levels of Black Level setting, on Normal and Widescreen, and I am currently playing with half of the bars and half the compass showing, which is the best I can get. I tried resetting the display on my 360 to factory defaults, as the Microsoft Tech support person suggested. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know a fix?
Uhm... Honestly, I don't know. And I actually don't think there are many ways to fix it. However, do you remember when the HUD disappeared? I mean, perhaps something you did while playing bugged the compass and the bars.

Ah well. Gotta appreciate that Bethesda is dedicated to making their product satisfactory for all PS3 users at least. :P

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I started playing yesterday morning (I'd left off at the entrance to a cave with some Falmer in there) and the HUD wasn't working. I'll try deleting the save files starting there in case they're corrupted.I'm settling for half the HUD for now, and I'm enjoying my house so far!

I started playing yesterday morning (I'd left off at the entrance to a cave with some Falmer in there) and the HUD wasn't working. I'll try deleting the save files starting there in case they're corrupted.I'm settling for half the HUD for now, and I'm enjoying my house so far!
Hope you haven't canceled them already, perhaps reloading one of the previous save files could have worked! The wiki says to do so most of the times...As for PS3 still not having Dawnguard, hold on guys. Maybe you'll get it one day. Maybe... Mischievous face.I suppose Bethesda's priority now is their newer project, Dishonored. I don't know, just a theory. Edited by The Renegade Emperor

I suppose Bethesda's priority now is their newer project, Dishonored. I don't know, just a theory.
As far as I know Bethesda is only producing Dishonored, I dunno if they are actually working on it themselves. Kinda like Elder Scrolls Online being made by Zenimax, the actual Bethesda that made Skyrim isn't directly involved other than overseeing it, basically.
Finally finished Dawnguard. Now just to work on the remaining achievements.And Hearthfire is looking sooo tempting as well..~|ET|~
Like the whole thing, or just the main quest? Because there's a pretty darn cool Dwarven ruin quest it added, too, among other smaller things.
rahkshi_symbol.png

Finally finished Dawnguard. Now just to work on the remaining achievements.And Hearthfire is looking sooo tempting as well..~|ET|~
Like the whole thing, or just the main quest? Because there's a pretty darn cool Dwarven ruin quest it added, too, among other smaller things.
Main quest. If you're talking about the one where you can make a crown, staff, or something else, I already did that as my first thing after joining the Dawnguard. :P Had no idea it would even give me an achievement haha.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Main quest. If you're talking about the one where you can make a crown, staff, or something else, I already did that as my first thing after joining the Dawnguard. :P Had no idea it would even give me an achievement haha.~|ET|~
That quest is pretty great. I went with the crown, which you can wear with the Jagged Crown, which you can get two enchantments on with a perk.I also finally found an item with a water breathing enchantment, which is quite rare. I, of course, destroyed it and placed the enchantment on the Jagged Crown, also renaming it "Crown of the Lord of Black Marsh". The name comes from the homeland of the Argonians of course, since they can breathe underwater. I like giving my items awesome names.EDIT: I feel like starting a discussion about things that should be in The Elder Scrolls VI, so...Things That I Want in The Elder Scrolls VI:-A setting of two entire continents: This may sound crazy, but Unreal Engine 4, and the next-gen consoles, can handle this. I know it. And think about it-if Online includes all of Tamriel, VI has to include something different. I know that areas like Elsweyr, Black Marsh, and Valenwood would look different-and much better-but I think all of Tamriel and all of Akavir, another continent, should be included. Heck, there are even more continents. If there can't be two full continents, at least give me one full continent.-More Races: Snow elves, those tiger people, so many possibilities!-Co-op: Not too much emphasis on it, but at least capability. Small amount of players only. Edited by PurpleBouncy

That would be a good idea. As a tip, try to include allusions to Tamrielic lore, like Crown of the Lord of Black Marsh. I also sometimes name stuff as a joke-once when my friend was over, I made an amulet to increase my health, which he proceeded to name "healthmagikarp@@@@$#@@@@@!"I've also name a set of boots and gauntlets to increase carrying capacity "Boots of Hellmurderdeath" and "Gauntlets of "Hellfireburn". Or maybe I'm mixing the boots and gauntlets up.

Hiya! I got a question for you guys!Well, two actually.Firstly, is Dawnguard worth it? I've heard good things, but I still haven't completed most of Skyrim yet and I don't want to spoil anything for myself.Secondly, is Level 19 too low a level to be when you're about to fight Alduin? Somehow, I've managed to get that far already.