The Elder Scrolls

Well, the Altmer did create the world's greatest civilization (with the exception of the Dunmer trololol) and I like the fact that they want to end the Empire. I have weird beliefs about how empires are wrong and everyone should rule themselves, okay? And if dying surpasses cultural superiority, then, well, Attila the Hun must've been a great leader while Aristotle a lowly mongrel.The Thalmor's arrogance does not get on my nerves much, because I don't really care. I haven't really seen them do anything worse than what Tiber Septim was doing all his life, personally.Then again, all of my lenience towards the Thalmor could be traced back to the fact that I've yet to feel anything whatsoever at all playing Skyrim. Dang you, modern games. You have to remind me at every step of how your predecessors were better.Who cares. You dudes can rebuild the Empire all you want, but -don't- -touch- -Morrowind-. We know how that worked out the last time.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

I just hate elves. High Elves, Wood Elves, Snow Elves, Tropical Elves. Dunmer are the only ones I can stand, and that's because they hate their fellow elven races as much as I do.

SOME NONSENSE ABOUT IT BEING TOO BIG OR SOMESUCH?

I don't think it's too big; it's just going to be a pain to post on BZP. I have no idea how I'll get it on here. :|Her's the jist of the setting though - it's set 4E321 in Summerset Isle. I've got five different story arcs the players can participate in - or opt not to, and watch the world crumble.Found a way to sneak Cliff Racers in.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

... You should sneak in giant emperor crabs. Remember Skar in Ald-Ruhn?

Funny you should mention that. I did.Where else would it be better for giant crabs to grow then the middle of an endless jungle? I looked over the idea though, and came to this conclusion - it's not single player. The idea in each Elder Scrolls game is -

"Each event is preceded by prophecy, but without a hero, there is no event."

Well, sure. But what if there was no hero to save the world? Like with the Doctor. What if he's not there to stop the aliens this time, then a group of humans (led by an immortal straight out of Highlander) has to do the trick instead. Instead of being the Nervarine or Dovahkiin or Eternal Champion or just some awesome Redguard dude who kills Tiber Septims pet dragons, you're one of a bunch of Level 15 characters who can't advance any higher.Bunch of things - the Maromer, complementary Sea Serpent. Don't ask my clever way to get Dwemer ruins in.They're not really Cliff Racers, they're Jungle Racers.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

can somebody explain smithing to me?like i understand how to make stuff but the upgrades are a little confusing- say for example i want to upgrade my dwarven sword to flawless or epic. i do have the dwarven smithing perk, but even so all i can upgrade to is superior. do i need to take the perk again to upgrade it further orrrrrr

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Well since this is the Elder Scrolls topic I guess this is the best place to ask - I am going through with the RPG idea. However, a COT RPG needs a Co-GM. If anybody here is interested just PM me. The more knowledge of the Elder Scrolls the better, especially if you can correct my occasional errors.And on the subject of the smithing thing - it's all based on level. You can have the Dwarven perk, but you'll still be unable to fully maximize the item. Every 10 up to 90 grants a new type you can use - Legendary at 90 is the best. You can't get any further. Now, if you didn't have the perk you could still get Legendary if you bumped your skill to 160 or something like that, but that's no easy chicken.And definitely use UESP. Using something besides it is a greater sin then murder.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Yeah, I meant UESP. Only one I use anyway. Just wasn't sure if wikis come under the no-forum-linking rule.Well, I'm now done with Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests, or the main ones at least, and I'm now working on the Companions, then the College after that. Then it's main quest/civil war, then finishing off my sidequests before trying out my orc warrior properly.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Should be even more fun considering that I hardly ever use magic. :P

Consider yourself the butcher. Only thing that might be difficult is the end of Labyrinthian.HINT: It's not the Labyrinth. I think Bethesda got lazy when they remade it.Here's a question for you all! Who was the most powerful Elder Scrolls Hero, in your opinion?+ The Eternal Champion (Arena)+ The Agent (Daggerfall)+ The Apprentice (Battlespire)+ Cyrus (Redguard)+ The Nerevarine (Morrowind)+ The Champion of Cyrodiil (Oblivion)+ The Last Dragonborn (Skyrim)Sure, you could always say the Dragonborn because 'lol he kills dragons', but so did Cyrus - and he didn't have any dragon shouts, he did it only with his awesome Redguard powers.I almost am tempted to say the Eternal Champion, just considering what he did. In the end, the Apprentice took a spear and stuck it through a Daedric Prince though, so that's pretty impressive. Course, the Champion of Cyrodiil beat a Daedric Prince without the most powerful daedra killing artifacts possible.Nerevarine managed to kill two gods and beat a Daedric Princes avatar...Eh. You decide. I'm stuck.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

you'll be forced to use it at certain points, but in combat itself i didn't use it much either. i felt like i was cheating, doing mage quests with a sword. the end of labyrinthian, i swear to god i tried to use magic but i ended up using a bow and an archery skill of 24.i say the last dragonborn for unbiased reasons taken from a broad pool of knowledge that comes from more than one game. o-o

Edited by ~JC~

Have only played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim so far, so I'm kinda limited. The Dovahkiin would be my initial choice, since he can Shout. Although the Nerevarine did off several gods without any particular supernatural power, other than immunity to all diseases (which is impressive in itself). Still, the Champion of Cyrodiil is pretty awesome due to the fact that he saved the world, but unlike the Dovahkiin and Nerevarine, he wasn't some hero of prophecy sent by the gods, he just kinda did that on his own with pretty much zero help from anyone on high, other than Akatosh at the end.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Read only if you have too much time on your hands. Like me.Actually, all of the protaganists in each Elder Scrolls games are 'blessed'."Each even is preceded by prophecy, but without a hero, there is no event." -Zurin Arctus, the UnderkingBasically, every Elder Scrolls game is just the completion of that Elder Scroll prophecy. Daggerfall ended up spitting in times face and distorting reality (the Warp in the West).I speak not of experience in-game, simply from a thing called 'too much time', with regards to Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, and Redguard.I'll be using male pronouns for the sake of simplicity.The Eternal Champion of Arena went across the entire continent of Tamriel and collected the eight pieces of the Staff of Chaos before challenging Jagar Tharn - who basically walked up to the Emperor and banished him to another dimension before taking his place. Along the way, it is possible he collected a number of powerful artifacts as well. His quest ended with the destruction of Jagar Tharn in the Imperial Palace.The Agent of Daggerfall was sent by the Emperor to the Illiac Bay region and began a massive quest in which he exorcised a ghost and ended up causing the Warp in the West. This ended in his death. It is possible before this he collected a number of artifacts from each of the Daedra, and performed a number of quests. He fought Dragonlings, which while theoretically weaker than a Dragon, proved extremely hard to beat. However, Giants - you know, big and ugly and can kill a low level character in one hit in Skyrim? - were a piece of cake for him to beat. So its hard to say based on what he defeated.The Apprentice of Battlespire basically went through a number of realms in Oblivion, killed more Daedra potentially than all of the other characters combined up to and including Daedra Lords and Daedra Counts, which are the most powerful Daedra asides the Daedric Princes that have been observed. He proceeded to retrieve Saviors Hide, the Spear of Bitter Mercy, and pretty much every artifact necessary to kill a Daedric Prince. Then, just as Mehrunes Dagon came into the Battlespire and was about to launch an invasion on the mortal world, he thrust a spear into his heart and banished him back to Oblivion, destroying the Battlespire and thus cutting off the only way to get into Oblivion for the Daedra.Cyrus, Hero of Redguard defeated an ogre, beat a giant dwemer construct, killed off the most powerful Necromancer to ever live, beat the most powerful dragon of the time period and a servant who answered only to Tiber Septim, then stormed the imperial palace in Hammerfell and killed the provincial governor. He also one a wager with Clavicus Vile. Now, you might say that isn't very impressive. He did this all wearing nothing but his pirate shirt and using a cutlass.The Nervarine of Morrowind. Lets see... killed two gods, possibly three if you opted to kill Vivec, managed to beat an avatar of a Daedric Prince, wielded a couple dozen artifacts over the course of the game if you collected them all, was the reincarnated form of one of the best warriors to ever live. He was pretty powerful. And if we count all of the faction quests as factual, he also was met by a direct representative of all of the nine divines. He was personally visited by Azura a number of times and possibly more with the Daedric Quests, in which case he also spoke to a number of Daedra. He killed a giant, floating, poisonous monster with tentacles with a fork if we count that as fact.The Champion of Cyrodiil, hero of the Oblivion Crisis. Lets see... quested to a number of areas in the Deadlands, killed a legion of Daedra by himself, killed off the most powerful Ayleid sorcerer to ever live, then killed his soul just to be sure, went to the Shivering Isles and first killed a Daedric prince, then became a Daedric Prince. Possibly collected dozens of magical artifacts over the course of time.The Last Dragonborn of Skyrim. He was Dragonborn, which meant he could eat dragons souls. He killed the most powerful dragon to ever exist (I'm sensing a pattern here..) and we've yet to see his ultimate potentials in DLCs. He could use The Voice, which was something none of the other heroes could do, and potentially claimed a number of powerful artifacts (though I refuse to accept that little shanky knife is actually Keening).I've made my decision -Every one of the other characters had some magical potential. Cyrus had no magical abilities at all and he managed to do all of that which he did. As the most awesome of them all? He's probably got that one. I mean, I'd like to see you kill an Elder Dragon in your underwear without any magic, shouts, and a single cutlass. If you can, please make a video out of it and show it to me because I'd love to watch. Not the underwear part, so just put on normal clothes. Even he wore a shirt fighting the dragon.As far as powerful? Harder to say. By the end of the game, the Champion is the most powerful simply because he's becoming a Daedra. Without all of those powers though, it comes down to the Nervevarine and Dragonborn mostly. It basically comes down to a comparison of Tiber Septim and Lord Indoril Nervar. A very hard decision to make...Tiber Septim.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

The Nerevarine and Indoril Nerevar have essentially the same capabilities. While he was a man, before ascending, Tiber Septim had essentially the same powers that the Dragonborn can theoretically have - he was, after all, Dragonborn.When you compare those powers, you have it easily in Tiber Septims favor against Lord Nerevar. Thus, the Dragonborn would have advantage on the Nervarine.@ The Shouting God; I should probably get that... it's much easier to relax to Elder Scrolls music than songs with lyrics at night, and I'm one of those people that likes music. Otherwise I start thinking about Weeping Angles.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Come on guys, we all know I was the most powerful.I honestly refuse to consider Lord Nerevar less great than Tiber Septim, who I view as basically some dude who exploited a lot of chaos that was at his time of becoming emperor to... get personal gain, conquer all the nations of Tamriel, and call this coerced submission, "peace". Lord Nerevar was the unifier and king of this world's frickin' greatest nation in the face of great danger, destroying an army of barbarians screaming "We go to Sovngarde!" and actually doing so when faced with the true nation of the true gods the Daedra... THE DUNMER and he also pretty much annihilated a gang of stunted guys who planned to overtake the world with a giant fricking physical god, not to mention chillaxing with demigods (Alandro Sul) and getting reborn centuries later to finish off a murderous mad god in the pits of Red Mountain.There.I'm a Dunmer(ophile), I can't help it. -Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

oh speaking of dunmer, screw dunmer, you guys are ugly and you made me go to riften. ._.that brings up a fun conversation though, one on fast travel- how often do you guys use it? i find it takes the role playing aspect a little out of it, so i only really use it after a long or frustrating dungeon. and oh dear god are there a lot of long and frustrating dungeons.

Burn the witch! Burn her (head)! Yes, that was a good end of the quest line. Though dunno when the Glenmorial Witches got ugly like that. I was thinking about how they were in Bloodmoon, so when I came to the cave I was like, "OH MY GOSH KILLIT WITH FIAH (or a good sword)"Tiber Septim managed to ascend to godhood. He created the Boots of the Apostle, an artifact. He was one of the best warriors to ever live. He was the dragonborn. He walked up to High Hrothgar and made the Greybeards talk to him like a boss. Sure, he wasn't as good of a person as Lord Nerevar (who was Chimer, not Dunmer, as they became Dunmer after his death. :P)Hey, Dovy. CHIM.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

filled my second shout today, first being unrelenting force, now i have frost breath as well, and i did it without the use of any wiki or anything, kinda just stumbled upon the last two words. pretty satisfied with that. kinda funny story that happened, actually, is that shortly after i killed the dragon at bonestrewn crest, i kept heading south to riften, but my game started getting buggy as in i could walk through trees, rocks, textures were faded like i was far away. so right as i went to save my game then restart my ps3, it completley froze, right as i hit the save button. was kinda peeved, but i only lost the fight + the word so it wasn't too huge a deal.and i'm not gonna even half bother trying to correct the grammar in this post

Edited by ~JC~

So I'm a level six Imperial right now.This game is so amazing.Wish I could play it more than every other week. :|

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Burn the witch! Burn her (head)! Yes, that was a good end of the quest line. Though dunno when the Glenmorial Witches got ugly like that. I was thinking about how they were in Bloodmoon, so when I came to the cave I was like, "OH MY GOSH KILLIT WITH FIAH (or a good sword)"Tiber Septim managed to ascend to godhood. He created the Boots of the Apostle, an artifact. He was one of the best warriors to ever live. He was the dragonborn. He walked up to High Hrothgar and made the Greybeards talk to him like a boss. Sure, he wasn't as good of a person as Lord Nerevar (who was Chimer, not Dunmer, as they became Dunmer after his death. :P)Hey, Dovy. CHIM.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well given the fact that they're basically the same people uhMatter of debate whether it makes a differenceI lul at "created the boots of the apostle, an artifact", though, because I can basically forge a sword and it'll be an artifact.Not to mention his last two superioties are nothing, because they literally mean nothing besides being lucky to be born a Dragonborn.And most of his conquests were fuelled by the Dunmer giving him the Anumidium, so.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Yeah, but, you know, centuries of occupation, being manipulated by foreigners even before said occupation, the harboring of fierce desires to break away, dreams of a long lost greatness when they were pretty much the most powerful nation in Tamriel, seriously, and a not too good living enviroment do take their toll on the personality.You can't really blame them. Except for slavery, in what case you can only blame the Telvanni, because everyone else only wanted it (prior to its abolition) because they see it as a way to assert their sovereignity from the Empire.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

I miss levitation. And pauldrons. :(Oh Daedric Left Pauldron, how long it took to find you buried in the ice of Castle Karstaag...Even if I killed the batty old wizard anywys.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: