The Elder Scrolls

negligible? have you ever used a 2h? and they can block but i won't get into that.the damage is very clearly calculated differently- i can two hit kill bandits as early as level 2 with the stock 25 2h skill with an unenhanced iron greatsword. takes about twice as long with a 1h+shield combo at the same level with a level 27 1h unenhanced imperial sword.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I have 100 in one- and two-handed, so yes, I have used both plenty.In my opinion the faster swing speed of one-handed outweighs the increased damage of two-handed. Additionally, like I sad before, having a free hand allows you to better adapt to your situation. If I need to block, I can. If I need to heal, I can. If I need to light everything on fie, I can.Obviously two-handed weapons will do more damage by default, but the extra damage isn't worth the speed and flexibility that one-handed provides.

Personally, I'm a major fan of the sword n' board style, and have found it to be the best for me to use. Dual-wielding weapons is a damage boost, to be sure, but you can't block at all - even with a two-handed weapon you can do that. Two-handed weapons do plenty of damage, but for me that's giving up a lot - I can attack faster between blocking, and when blocking I can take attacks from Elder and Ancient dragons - who can't breathe fire and ice on you when whacked across the face.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

1h and destruction. the spell lets me finish off foes while backpedalling if i'm close to death while i hack and slash with the 1h.smithing is crazy broken. granted i'm going out of my way to level it asap. regardless. i'm level 18, can make ebony, but i've yet to even talk to the graybeards and have around 10 hours logged.

I'm very bad with magic, never liked using it, barely used it in Morrowind and Obliviion, too. Except for healing. I'm all right with bows, but generally much, much better with melee weapons.So apparently a dead woman sent hired thugs to teach me a lesson after I stole something. O.o

rahkshi_symbol.png

character archtype i'm trying to portray demands destruction and to a lesser extent, conjuration, but i haven't gotten that far in my storyline. i kinda like using it, even if it's a bit disappointing at lower levels. alteration and illusion have crazy useful spells after looking at them a bit, like the 'iron to gold' spell, the 'lead me to destination' spell.on an unrelated note, is it possible to name a weapon without enchanting it, be it through glitch or otherwise?

Edited by ~JC~

Dual-weilding? Pshaw!Sitting back and letting my summoned slaves do all the fighting for me is where it's at! They do tend to get stuck in narrow doorways a lot though >_<Also, the latest patch/update to Skyrim has broken my loading screen again. When it shows the Imperial title before loading the main menu, it freezes, and loads it forever, the title screen never appears. I left it for almost an hour and still that freaking symbol was there.. at this point I can't even get to the menu at all, after more than 3 attempts.Though, ingamewise my major pet peeve is dragons... REFUSING TO FIGHT ME. Random dragons will fly around rawring, but try as I might they don't find me a good enough target and just fly around before getting bored and flapping off. It's not MY fault my aim with a bow sucks and I can't hit you, even with the Slow time shout! Stay still! :burnmad:

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

I'm relatively certain that it doesn't matter whether the Stormcloaks or Imperials win, the Thalmor've already won in the end. Well, except in Hammerfell and Black Marsh, but but they don't count because one is pretty destroyed as things stand and the other is probably having mass revolts, if I know the Dunmer at all. Independent of who wins the Skyrim civil war, the Thalmor have the overwhelming superiority in both numbers and strategic position. The Empire's fractured and overextended and just having survived a civil war, and Skyrim alone is just... small and weak and just having survived a civil war. Naivety aside, it's a lose-lose situation. Not to mention, if your decision in Skyrim changed anything, they'd force you to actually make it and wouldn't leave the option to stay neutral, because otherwise, any future game would have to default to either a "canon way of how things went" (GOD DID I HATE IT WHEN THEY DID THAT AFTER MORROWIND) or simply, if the Dragonborn did not involve himself, the civil war ending in some way bound to disappoint someone.Let's focus on the truly important stuff, like getting the Argonians out of Morrowind. I'd love to see an expansion/game/dlc/whatever titled, "EAT THIS, REPTILE."-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

Unfortunately, Dovy, I will have to take the side of Argonians.Because you can't argue with lizardmen. They're cool, daddy-o!Also maybe Morrowind should have gone the way of Daggerfall. Tribunal + Dagoth Ur + Nerevarine = Warp in the East?

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Perhaps Argonia/Morrowind, Free Skyrim/Empire and Hammerfell can unite to destroy the Dominion and their puppets in Elsweyr.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

There is no Argonia/Morrowind.There is only Argonia, enforcing its slave rule upon the great and independent nation of Morrowind.Getting into character aside, read that as: there is no such hope. Such an alliance would be extremely random. Hammerfell hates the Empire now. Skyrim, should it be freed, would have nothing but disdain for the Empire, and should it not be, the Empire's still weak and extremely... titular. And Morrowind most likely cares about nothing but kicking the Argonians out. The Argonians, meanwhile, care for nothing but worshipfully obeying those An-Xileel morons of theirs.... Now that I think of it, the solution to this mess that I would like is, "The world blows up. Next TES game is set in Oblivion."Oh, no, wait, my Morrowind pseudo-patriotism wouldn't stand that. I'd start to cry upon thinking of my beautiful fortress in the ashlands outside Ald'ruhn. My poor, poor beautiful crab shell fortress.@The Shouting God: Add in Helseth, Azura, the other Good Daedra, the Houses, and I think we just might've avoided about 500 of the problems Tamriel faced later on.Or at least delegated them on Cyrodiil. They've brought the world into their problems, they should pay for it.-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

@Transairion (spelling? cool name though): I had a similar glitch. I could get to the menu, but when I hit continue it just loaded and loaded. Eventually I let it sit there while I googled for a solution, and couldn't find anything online. I went back down after probably over an hour, and it had loaded. I now have lag in the Items menu (not Magic, Skills, or Map), Pickpocket menu, Barter menu, things that involve items. There's some specifics I could give, like it doesn't lag when I take gold, but when I put it in something (got Proudspire Manor for free recently, thank you cupboard).It's gotten less bad, and it's now tolerable enough to play. Waiting for Patch 1.5 to fix lag and freezing in the Pelagius Wing of the Blue Palace at this one spot(can't get Wabbajack until that's fixed...)And as far 1h vs. 2h, my 1h is 100 and my 2h is like 80-something. I always keep a main 1h weapon, main 2h, main bow, main set of armor, and usually give my secondary stuff to a follower. I use 1h a bit more because of 1. Daedric weapons like Mace of Molag Bal (absorbs a soul, #%!@ YEAH!) and 2. Using a spell. Blocking's my lowest skill, but I have a great shield if I ever need one, so maybe I'll start using it.2h is useful for getting it out when that Ancient Dragon is touching noses with me, about to Yol Tor Shul me to Oblivion, and I get out my Legendary Daedric Greatsword with 10 points Fire Damage and slash its nose up. Of course, the Blade of the Pale (Legendary) does 58 damage + 30 fire damage, so its 88 damage, probably over 90 with the perk I just got (Level 51 yay) and my best weapon, AND 1h. Gonna get a Daedric Battleaxe soon probably, Warhammers take way too long to swing. I need a reason to use 2h so I can get that skill up and level up. Next perk to get: Expert Locks are much easier to pick. Need that perk...Also still waiting for DLC...Oh, and idea: Anyone interested on making some online guidebook dedicated to fixes for Skyrim glitches, to help people enjoy the world and be able to avoid bugs, whether they be pesky (Items menu lag) or quest-breaking (Pelagius Wing...)? We could later do some Oblivion and Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena ones, but for now focus on the current installment. I think it would be a big project, but we'd just list fixes we know. Anyone support that idea or have a suggestion on where on the Internet to have it?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I would like to do Summerset Isle. Maybe a rebellion against the Thalmor from within?

No comment.

Oh, no, wait, my Morrowind pseudo-patriotism wouldn't stand that. I'd start to cry upon thinking of my beautiful fortress in the ashlands outside Ald'ruhn. My poor, poor beautiful crab shell fortress.

Go Redoran!

Where do you all think the next game will take place?

My List of Preference1. Hammerfell2. Eleswyr3. Summerset Isle4. Black Marsh5. Valenwood6. High RockThough it's going to be in High Rock. Skyrim with French people.

Getting into character aside, read that as: there is no such hope. Such an alliance would be extremely random. Hammerfell hates the Empire now. Skyrim, should it be freed, would have nothing but disdain for the Empire, and should it not be, the Empire's still weak and extremely... titular. And Morrowind most likely cares about nothing but kicking the Argonians out. The Argonians, meanwhile, care for nothing but worshipfully obeying those An-Xileel morons of theirs.

Truth is that the Aldmeri Dominion can't be beat, even if all other provinces did combine - which would be impossible to do. Without help...That's right. I'm still all for riding Odahviing to Summerset Isle and murdering every single living thing in the province.Because I have F5* and they don't.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:*F4 to quicksave and F5 to quickload is dumb; I switched it back to F5 to quicksave and F9 to quickload as soon as I started up Skyrim.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

If it's set in Elswyr, I'm hoping for one thing used against the Thalmor during the inevitable rebellion.Dwemer-made rifles. Smuggled from Skyrim across Cyrodill. That have been reverse-engineered and mass produced.Kitty-cat snipers. <3

Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Elsweyr seems popular. Fighting the Dominion's puppets, or supporting them, would make a fine game.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

you ever play a game, love it to death, tell all your friends its amazing, but then its sequel comes out? i played fallout 3 today for the first time in, oh, two years. i loved it to death the first time around, it was such an enjoyable experience, but new vegas and to a lesser extent, skyrim, had completely spoiled me.i felt that something similar a little while later. i played morrowind for the first time today. i lasted about fifteen minutes. dear god has bethesda grown.

Yes. It is literally 'holding' you back from playing the previous games.Except for the Cod series - I want Treyarch, and Infinity Ward is just a moneymaker company now.Beh.Also, which is better? A sword or a destruction spell in left hand?

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

1h sword + destruction spell is my preferred setup to maximize damage. 1h+1h doesn't do it for me, since you can't attack with both hands at once. besides, destruction spells give you range needs that your thu'um doesn't satisfy.