The Elder Scrolls

you ever play a game, love it to death, tell all your friends its amazing, but then its sequel comes out? i played fallout 3 today for the first time in, oh, two years. i loved it to death the first time around, it was such an enjoyable experience, but new vegas and to a lesser extent, skyrim, had completely spoiled me.i felt that something similar a little while later. i played morrowind for the first time today. i lasted about fifteen minutes. dear god has bethesda grown.

Oh God yes. I've found myself missing Morrowind's atmosphere and locations several times, but every time I go back to it, I have to stop after half an hour or so. Mostly because of combat, that dice-rolling stuff drives me nuts.
rahkshi_symbol.png

Really? Most everybody I know agrees Morrowind has much better gameplay than Skyrim.Anyway, I have called you all here for a meeting of the utmost importance. I am planning on creating a BIONICLE parody of Skyrim in the epics forum. I already have several ideas (Alduin = Makuta teridax, Dragons = Rakshi, named Dragons = other Makuta, Dark Brotherhood = Dark Hunters, Mind of Madness quest (Sheogorath) = Ignika = Sheogorath w/ Mata Nui = Pelagius, etc.), but I need it to be fleshed out. Where should it take place? Should it be written as a comedy or an epic? Will it work out at all?

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Really? Most everybody I know agrees Morrowind has much better gameplay than Skyrim.

That_6934bd_864413.jpgi ran down the path to the first town, there was some little maggot thing beside a fence, maybe four inches off the ground. i pointed the cursor at it, and hit attack 400 times. by the time i had killed the thing it had sapped away half my health and made me cry a little.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Really? Most everybody I know agrees Morrowind has much better gameplay than Skyrim.Anyway, I have called you all here for a meeting of the utmost importance. I am planning on creating a BIONICLE parody of Skyrim in the epics forum. I already have several ideas (Alduin = Makuta teridax, Dragons = Rakshi, named Dragons = other Makuta, Dark Brotherhood = Dark Hunters, Mind of Madness quest (Sheogorath) = Ignika = Sheogorath w/ Mata Nui = Pelagius, etc.), but I need it to be fleshed out. Where should it take place? Should it be written as a comedy or an epic? Will it work out at all?

Dude.Ossim idea.It should probably be an epicomedy, seeing as its a parody, although that choice is yours. Just seems more fitting to me.As for location, well, somewhere with mountains and stuff.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hey, Field-since only comedy writers tend to know what an "epiccomedy" is, and I'm pretty sure you only write epics (but I wanna say I've seen you at least commenting in the comedies forum somewhere...) just incase you don't know, an epiccomedy is an epic, not comedy, because it has enough humor and jokes fit in, but still a serious plotline. Comedies like mine, JL's, and MT's (the TBTTRAH series) are good examples of epiccomedies. Then, of course, My Life With the Bionicles, the golden standard which I still to this day hold all comedies unto, even though it's been dead since 2009, is the greatest example ever, and the greatest comedy ever in the world to have graced our humble forums.Aaaaanyways, please parody the quest "Blood on the Ice". That quest is so awesome...I was wanting to parody it in my comedy, but one of my basic rules to keep my comedy from becoming nooby is not to rely on references to a specific franchise (in this case The Elder Scrolls) as a frequent source of humor, unless of course, it is a parody of that series.So, question: If I were to get Skyrim on PC after wrapping it up 100% (all quests and achievements) on 360, and once I get my new laptop, would I have to run it on Steam to get the Skyrim Workshop (the reason for getting it on PC would be purely for mods). It's not a major problem if I do, because I have Steam on my current computer, and could just download it and log in on the new one, but I kind of hate Steam, so if there's anyway to do it without Steam, someone please let me know. Because I plan to make a moderator called "Make a Choice" or something like that, that adds choices to parts of quests people sometimes don't like doing (ex. in "Paarthurnax" where you HAVE to kill Paarthurnax, you could side with him, kill the Blades after the main story, and then Paarthurnax would give you their line of miscellaneous objectives instead of them, or in "The Taste of Death" where you can slay the cannibals instead of eating the dude and then get the Ring somehow...you know, to add even more roleplay value to the title).Oh and in your parody, the Order of Mata Nui should be one of two groups: The Companions, or the Blades. Most likely Blades, because they deserve a place in the main story, since they were in the main story of Bionicle. Oh, and Spinax=Farkas, because the Bionicle version of werewolves...

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

YES GENIUSMainly I just need a setting. Also, who would the Thalmor be? I want it to be set in Sphereus Magna, since otherwise I won't be able to play out the whole Mid of Madness quest being Ignika and Mata Nui, but that's end-story, which throws off good settings for most other things. GRAAAlso, make a choice has to come out. Kill ALL the Blades! And later, Skyrim must pull a five part DLC Fallout New Vegas-esque wherein you destroy the second Aldmeri Dominion.Also if you don't mind I'm an Imperial because the Stormcloaks are Racist Power-Hungry Terrorists. :P

Edited by Field Marshal RMN

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Thalmor=SkrallI think you may need Steam for the Workshop, because it seems like they're going to be implementing other games into it (Skyrim's just by far the most popular one for mods at the moment). They've got a section on there for Team Fortress 2 already. It's certainly not the only place to download mods, but if you want specifically the Workshop then yeah, I think you need Steam to access it.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Also, make a choice has to come out. Kill ALL the Blades! And later, Skyrim must pull a five part DLC Fallout New Vegas-esque wherein you destroy the second Aldmeri Dominion.

knowing bethesda they would stick something that important in a dlc.

So, just asking.I have 1 Hard Drive, and 1 character on my 360 HD. Can I plug in my HD, save my character onto it, remove it, then create a new character on the 360 HD?And if so, is it worth it?EDIT: Nevermind. After some experimentation I shouldn't have done, well........I have achievements unlocked for things my level 1 character hasn't done.Also, what is your opinion on the best race?

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Also, what is your opinion on the best race?

Redguard.

Also, make a choice has to come out. Kill ALL the Blades! And later, Skyrim must pull a five part DLC Fallout New Vegas-esque wherein you destroy the second Aldmeri Dominion.

Five-part? Throw me on Odahviings back and I'll have them all out in twelve minutes. Tops. That includes Valenwood and Summerset Isle both.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Argonians. Their power, Histskin, heals you so much faster than it's still almost an instant heal for me (maybe...ten seconds?), and I have over 400 health. Their resistance to disease (50%) is rather useful, as I had only one problem with a disease before becoming a werewolf (or was it two problems?).They look freakin' awesome, and waterbreathing permanently is cool. It's useful, when in a small hold captial, like Dawnstar, to jump in the nearest body of water while an Ancient Dragon is breathing frost or fire on you, because they can't hit you underwater. HA!Oh, and, "Make a Choice" will be my first moderator ever. I may not even have the Workshop yet, but I'm taking requests for any quests you want a choice added in. So far, the list is:-"Paarthurnax" (chosen by me)-"The Taste of Death" (chosen by me)So, as you can see, not much (and I'm also thinking about modding so that you can return to Sovngarde, maybe have a quest line there). So please feel free to request that more quests have choices added, and suggest what your idea for an alternate choice may be. If anyone wants to know my plan for how "Paarthurnax" will play out after siding with him, I can tell you a basic plan.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Well, I play as a Wood Elf, and I do think they are the most fun to play as, but I think Khajiits and Argonians are the best races. They both do barehanded damage above the normal amount (Khajiits do 15, Argonians 10), and they're both excellent thief characters (as are Wood Elves).But if you're serious, go into the console, and tcl into an Ancient Dragon or a Giant. Much more fun. :PHas anybody noticed how oddly easy the first Draugr Overlord in Bleak Falls barrow was? I killed him in maybe 20 seconds, on Master. Then, I met them later on in other dungeons. I was promptly roflstomped so many times I had to load a previous save to get out (same thing happens with Draugr Death overlords and Deathlords. >.<Also: I haven't been able to activate Blood on the ice yet. GraaaI've fast traveled to Windhelm and walked into the Cemetery so many times now. No funeral.

Edited by Field Marshal RMN

Blood on the Ice is one of the most bugged quests.So I finally got around to sacrificing Mjoll to Boethiah. When I had her follow me, her lapdog Aerin didn't leave the house, so I figured maybe he wouldn't be a problem. But when she was sacrificed, he magically teleported to the shrine from Riften somehow and tried to kill me. O.o

rahkshi_symbol.png

Yo. So, I'm level 50, 120 hours in, and completed all of the factions, most side-quests, countless side-missions, and I only have two main quests left (on purpose, leaving something to do in the game).Honestly I'm bored. I don't know what else to do. Besides maybe get every achievement. Which is about 3 more. Any ideas?

BZPChat

Yo. So, I'm level 50, 120 hours in, and completed all of the factions, most side-quests, countless side-missions, and I only have two main quests left (on purpose, leaving something to do in the game).Honestly I'm bored. I don't know what else to do. Besides maybe get every achievement. Which is about 3 more. Any ideas?

Well I'll speak preemptively to Dovy and say get Morrowind. That's all.I'm going to return to the race question - are we talking about racial stats? In that case... still Redguard. Adrenaline Rush means endless power attacks... or sprinting. And in Morrowind, it's like the most powerful power ever. Of all time.

Has anybody noticed how oddly easy the first Draugr Overlord in Bleak Falls barrow was? I killed him in maybe 20 seconds, on Master. Then, I met them later on in other dungeons. I was promptly roflstomped so many times I had to load a previous save to get out (same thing happens with Draugr Death overlords and Deathlords. >.<

I was too low level to meet one when I went to Bleak Falls. It was the first thing I did after getting out of Helgen. :PThe biggest puppy I met was a Restless Draugr.In my Master play through, I managed to beat the second Galaurson brother yesterday. Michael or whatever. I blasted him once with a sneak attack, pulled him from his thralls, then chased him around a pillar whilst blasting him with my Super Epic Bound Bow. Now all I have left is the archer (the one that was most difficult for my primary - and not because he was beating me up, but because he kept using Unrelenting Force and leaving me stunned for ten seconds; he never got me lower than 90% health)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

The biggest puppy I met was a Restless Draugr.

this, eesh. was very hard to kill my first time around.i did the gauldarson quest by accident- i had taken out two of them before even finding a copy of lost legends, then killed the third, but never bothered to actually combine the three amulets for some 10-20 hours of gameplay.

Well I'll speak preemptively to Dovy and say get Morrowind. That's all.
... Don't forget to download every single moderator on the internet first.You know, to make it feel like it isn't old at all.-Dovydas

Thought of some more ideas for my Skyrim fic. The Nordic tombs are Bohrok hives. The Bohrok are Draugr, and Bohrok Kal are Dragon priests. The main problems with these are there are 9 types of Draugr and only 6 Bohrok, and 8 Dragon priests whilst 6 Bohrok kal, but it's the best i could think of.

I downloaded a couple mods for Skyrim the other day, one of which is Killmove +. I highly recommend it, it adds new finisher moves. There are some pretty cool ones, especially one that involves your character stomping his/her boot into the enemy's face.Also, I love how many stories there are on the internet involving people getting overly proud of how quickly they can take down Elder Dragons, then losing it when their first Ancient Dragon completely ruins them in under ten seconds.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

There are 244 total quests. I've done 119, and I'm Level 51. If you're Level 50, you couldn't have done literally all. How many HAVE you done? (check your stats in the journal, you'd be surprised that occasionally I find people who don't know about that)

I downloaded a couple mods for Skyrim the other day, one of which is Killmove +. I highly recommend it, it adds new finisher moves. There are some pretty cool ones, especially one that involves your character stomping his/her boot into the enemy's face.Also, I love how many stories there are on the internet involving people getting overly proud of how quickly they can take down Elder Dragons, then losing it when their first Ancient Dragon completely ruins them in under ten seconds.

i love how many people can kill Ancient Dragons on master in 20 seconds. :PHas anybody watched Mr. Rhexx's Skyrim videos? They're awesome. Watch "The greatest battle of Skyrim."

There are 244 total quests. I've done 119, and I'm Level 51. If you're Level 50, you couldn't have done literally all. How many HAVE you done? (check your stats in the journal, you'd be surprised that occasionally I find people who don't know about that)
Since you don't get standard EXP in this game, it's very possible to not be above level 50 when being done with the quests, I believe. Say that you focus on only sneak and one-handed attacks. If you never level magic, you will be missing a lot of level gain from those skills, for example.Also, the amount of quests is technically infinite, due to the "randomly" generated ones. But yeah, I'm sure you have the number of named quests correct. :)When it comes to dragon killing, I think I'm having a harder time than most with them... but then again, I got a few mods for making them tougher and a bit more varied. It was kind of pathetic how townsfolk could defend their own towns so well without barely losing a soldier. And with no Impact perk abuse on them and a few vicious new types, they suddenly become harder to stop. :PMy first playthrough in this game, and unlike Fallout... I'm modding. Mostly the inventory screens, followers (so they are not so... annoying), some balance here and there... Really, these games are made to be modded, almost. I guess that's why Bethesda releases the creation kits so quickly. Edited by Katuko

Okay guys. To everyone who's having problems with the Morrowind gameplay.Get the moderator "Always Hit".Dice system goes away, gameplay value +100%. If after this post somebody again dares complain about the combat I swear to God you'll get a long rant about how people don't pay attention to anything these days.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

I love the Deadly Dragons modification (did I ever mention my despise of xenophobic internet filters?).Unfortunately, I only own Skyrim on the Xbox 360 so I can't use it.nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuIs it normal to be at level 36 and still be on the main quest Elder Knowledge (GO TO KARZANHI BLACKREACH)?

I honestly never had a problem with the dice system. The only problem I have with Morrowind combat is that it doesn't look as fluid as newer games. Again, it's a thing of filling in with your imagination. If something is super agile, extremely lucky, and wearing a full suit of Daedric armor with enchantments, of course you won't always be hitting them.Which is why I didn't download that moderator. :PFrankly, you could make Morrowind into a tabletop game. Probably the most unnecessarily complex one ever. And it would probably still feel like less of a video game than 4E D&D, but that's off topic.@ Katuko; It's from 2003, what do you expect?

If after this post somebody again dares complain about the combat I swear to God you'll get a long rant about how people don't pay attention to anything these days.

I want to hear the rant though.

Thought of some more ideas for my Skyrim fic. The Nordic tombs are Bohrok hives. The Bohrok are Draugr, and Bohrok Kal are Dragon priests. The main problems with these are there are 9 types of Draugr and only 6 Bohrok, and 8 Dragon priests whilst 6 Bohrok kal, but it's the best i could think of.

Make the one on Shearpoint (correct?) into a Bohrok-Kaita instead of a -Kal. Instead of a Dragon Priest and two Dragons at the end of Skuldafn, have the two Bahrag.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I love the Deadly Dragons modification (did I ever mention my despise of xenophobic internet filters?).Unfortunately, I only own Skyrim on the Xbox 360 so I can't use it.nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuIs it normal to be at level 36 and still be on the main quest Elder Knowledge (GO TO KARZANHI BLACKREACH)?

Level 35 and still on Alduin's Wall. Have done every other quest chain though. :D

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

(GO TO KARZANHI BLACKREACH)

What madness? I love Blackreach, can't get enough of the place.
Well, I accidentally ate my Daedra Heart, was repeatedly gang-beat by Falmer Shadowmasters, Vulthuryol killed me several times, oh and the Dwarven Centurion (I don't remember; was he in Blackreach or guarding the entrance to it?).Hmm. I must start thinking of large and powerful beings in the Bioverse to use as Daedric princes.I'm thinking to use Krana-Kal as the Dragon Priest masks. Edited by Field Marshal Rakmon