The Elder Scrolls

Well, Mr. Field...Artahka-Talos (I know he's a Divine, not a DP, but still in all, character suggestion)Karzahni-Mehrunes Dagon OR Molag BalTren Krom-Mehrunes Dagon OR Molag BalToa Tuyet???-Azura OR MeridiaMiserix-Hircine???Lariska-Astrid (random one stuck in there)Roodaka-BoethiahThe Shadowed One-not sure...some DP...So, does that help? Oh, and I'm eager to do that quest "I'll Met by Moonlight", but I'm not playing much Skyrim until Patch 1.5 comes and fixes the lag I get in the Items, Pickpocket, Barter, Trade with Companion menus...not in Magic menu, though. The glitch seems to be based on things affecting stats/carry weight, because taking Gold doesn't lag (maybe like .5 seconds when it's normally instant). Placing it does though...hmmm...suspicious...My goal is still to 100% Skyrim (all quests and achievements). I can't get Nahkriin (Dragon Priest mask) though, because, well, I didn't pick it up in Skuldafn. It didn't look too great, and I hadn't even gotten a DP mask yet, so I didn't know to take it, because I didn't realize what it was...I want your guy's opinions, a little poll here: Since there is no DP mask quest, does it count as not 100%ing Skyrim if I don't get all of them?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

^^ The original Halo being a powerful example of that.I wasn't very compelled to complete the main story [likely do to my justifyable reluctance to complete the main stories in Fallout 3 and New Vegas] so I didn't finish it until about level 40.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Well, Mr. Field...Artahka-Talos (I know he's a Divine, not a DP, but still in all, character suggestion)Karzahni-Mehrunes Dagon OR Molag BalTren Krom-Mehrunes Dagon OR Molag BalToa Tuyet???-Azura OR MeridiaMiserix-Hircine???Lariska-Astrid (random one stuck in there)Roodaka-BoethiahThe Shadowed One-not sure...some DP...So, does that help? Oh, and I'm eager to do that quest "I'll Met by Moonlight", but I'm not playing much Skyrim until Patch 1.5 comes and fixes the lag I get in the Items, Pickpocket, Barter, Trade with Companion menus...not in Magic menu, though. The glitch seems to be based on things affecting stats/carry weight, because taking Gold doesn't lag (maybe like .5 seconds when it's normally instant). Placing it does though...hmmm...suspicious...My goal is still to 100% Skyrim (all quests and achievements). I can't get Nahkriin (Dragon Priest mask) though, because, well, I didn't pick it up in Skuldafn. It didn't look too great, and I hadn't even gotten a DP mask yet, so I didn't know to take it, because I didn't realize what it was...I want your guy's opinions, a little poll here: Since there is no DP mask quest, does it count as not 100%ing Skyrim if I don't get all of them?

Unfortunately I think it kind of does count. There may not be a journal quest, but tracking down all eight rewards you with a special mask you can't get otherwise in Labyrinthian.Also, Tren Krom = Hermaeus Mora
rahkshi_symbol.png

I would think Tren would be more suited to Hermaeus Mora than Dagon. Other than that those sound pretty good.My suggestions:Teridax=Mehrunes DagonSpiriah=PeryiteHelryx=MeridiaVezon=SheogorathEdit: Also, the Gold Skinned being=Malacath? Edited by Solare

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

My goal is still to 100% Skyrim (all quests and achievements). I can't get Nahkriin (Dragon Priest mask) though, because, well, I didn't pick it up in Skuldafn. It didn't look too great, and I hadn't even gotten a DP mask yet, so I didn't know to take it, because I didn't realize what it was...I want your guy's opinions, a little poll here: Since there is no DP mask quest, does it count as not 100%ing Skyrim if I don't get all of them?

The dragon priest masks are kind of a major sidequest given that it involves several different dungeons and combining unique items, so I'd say it would be part of the "100%". Can't you just go back and retrieve the mask? I have dropped random loot in places and then come back much later for it to still be there. If it's truly gone, however (say, the corpse you need to loot it from being gone or something) then you can still use the console to give yourself that particular mask. Or respawn the dragon priest and kill him again, if you feel that the former is "cheating", though you did kill him, so you have proven yourself capable of the challenge already.

Actually, I was planning for Ignika to be Sheogorath; that's where I began the idea. This is set on Sphereus Magna post-2010. As I said, Makuta/Rakshi are the Dragons. Teridax (Alduin) is returning. Ignika is Sheogorath so I can do parallels w/ Mata Nui = Pelagius ("Cheer up, Mata Nui! You're the best ruler this universe has ever had! Well, except for that teridax fellow, but he took power using a 300-year plan, and that's not exactly sporting, is it now?)And yes, Tren Krom is definitely Hermaeus Mora. Miserix should be Paarthurnax, and as I said, the Dragon Priests are the Bohrok kal. Though I liked What's-his-face's idea for Nahkriin and the Dragons in Skuldafn being the Bahrag. Speaking of which, I just reached inside the Skuldafn temple. had to play completely on Novice whilst in Skuldafn, as Odahviing can't carry Mjoll and every Draugr is a Scourge or a Deathlord.And yes Skuldafn should be able to be fast-traveled to. Or I really should've bought Skyrim for the PC instead of the Xbox 360. -_-Also: I FUS RO DAHed Esbern off the Throat of the World after he told me to kill Paarthy. I couldn't find Delphine though, otherwise I'd have done the same to her. :'(

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I'm in Sovngarde now. I suppose I shouldn't have played on novice for all of Elder Knowledge, Alduin's Bane, and the World-Eater's Eyrie, but otherwise I'd never have been able to get here. On the downside, I haven't died once. I'll try fighting Alduin on Adept.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

My goal is still to 100% Skyrim (all quests and achievements). I can't get Nahkriin (Dragon Priest mask) though, because, well, I didn't pick it up in Skuldafn. It didn't look too great, and I hadn't even gotten a DP mask yet, so I didn't know to take it, because I didn't realize what it was...I want your guy's opinions, a little poll here: Since there is no DP mask quest, does it count as not 100%ing Skyrim if I don't get all of them?

The dragon priest masks are kind of a major sidequest given that it involves several different dungeons and combining unique items, so I'd say it would be part of the "100%". Can't you just go back and retrieve the mask? I have dropped random loot in places and then come back much later for it to still be there. If it's truly gone, however (say, the corpse you need to loot it from being gone or something) then you can still use the console to give yourself that particular mask. Or respawn the dragon priest and kill him again, if you feel that the former is "cheating", though you did kill him, so you have proven yourself capable of the challenge already.
Yeah, no way to get back there. I know Nahkriin's body is sitting there, waiting for me, though...and I play on 360. I'd need a moderator.Speaking of that, I've been wondering...I heard PC mods could be put on 360. However, first you need to "jailbreak your Xbox 360 to accept Homebrew content." I know Homebrew is used for modding on Wii, 360, and more, but how do I install Homebrew and how do I jailbreak my 360?Oh, also, I've decided to make a second character to get the DP masks, and the Oblivion Walker Achievement (I spared Erandur and Silus (also spared Barbas, but that helps towards the achievement)) and "The Mind of Madness" and "A Night to Remember" are bugged. So I can 100% Skyrim, but it will be spread across two accounts. Which is fine. So, my goal, to 100% it is:-Complete all 244 quests-Get all achievements-All DP masks-Own all Houses-Thane of all Holds-Max level (81)But does getting max level count? Because that's not really content in the game, just some thing you can do.(Currently Thane of Whiterun, Eastmarch, The Pale, and Solitude, close to being Thane of Hjaalmarch, not sure about other Holds...)Misc. Objectives DON'T count, because they're generic, generated, failable things. Fun, but you can fail them, and some are randomly generated.Oh and Bethesda WAS making Creation Kit for 360 and PS3, but Microsoft and Sony stepped in and asked them not to. Nice job, Microbrain. (I like Microsoft but that's just annoying).Course, they were probably worried about the Eye Candy moderator. If you don't know what that moderator does......good. It was in Oblivion too, if I recall. That's why they changed the rating from T to M after it had already shipped-just because you could get that moderator, that wasn't even attached to Bethesda in any way. How dumb.EDIT: Nevermind, I'M HAPPY! You all can thank me for this, now you 360 players can get MODS FROM PC WITHOUT HOMEBREW!!!http://justpressstart.net/?p=5650I can go on the PC, use a console command, grab the DP mask, leave, and transfer it back to 360, with a flash drive (I have that!!!) and some software! Going to download Modio within the next few days... Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I'd recommend starting it as early as possible, too. Since you need to harvest blood of each type of elf (Falmer included), get the extractor early on and just go about you random adventures, you'll find all of them eventually. And it's easier than having almost no other quests left to do and hunting down elves to kill.Although as a Dunmer, I wondered why I couldn't just extract my own blood for that. I've already shed some to get into Sky Haven Temple, so it's not like it's a new concept.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I just started it at level 36. :P And I believe it's Hermacious, I just like calling him Herbadacious.Also, new 1.5 patch announced. Ranged and magic kill-cams included, along with more melee killing blows, including unarmed.Me gusta.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

News on 1.5 patchNow, I'm hoping you guys can tell me the most likely answer to this based on previous patches: About the fact that the patch makes it so Ysolda (and two others) can't be killed before "A Night to Remember", if you've already murdered Ysolda (I brought her the dang Mammoth Tusk, and I wanted to make the Ebony Blade halfway decent (I eventually said screw that, it caused a glitch)), will she come back to life? Or am I going to need to use that Modio software I was talking about earlier to fix that?Please answer this with previous experience or Internet resources. I NEED to know.Also, since it says it fixes some crashing, that might unbug "The Mind of Madness", so I'd have those two quests unbugged if Ysolda revives...still need to use Modio to get that Dragon Priest mask in Skuldafn...

You.... you linked to ELDER SCROLLS WIKI? What have you done, man!... and is that a Mudcrab avatar?EDIT: Also, what is up with everybody having bugs? The only bug I've found so far is when the textures mess up and turn yellow. And that's because Steam sucks, not because of the game itself.Of course, everything is because Steam sucks.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I get the texture failure thing too, except mine turn bluegreen. Personally, I like the Elder Scrolls Wiki better, since UESP has an ugly background, ESW is easier on the eyes, and all I really use it for are world locations on dungeons or word walls. If I were looking to write fan fiction, I'd probably stay closer to the UESP.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

UESP seems a little more thorough in their lore stuff.I also get texture problems, though mine are pinkish purple. It turned some dragons that color after a patch a few months back, but thankfully Bethesda very quickly fixed that (same one that made some dragons fly backwards, I think, though I hadn't experienced that myself). I've had missing textures on wood chopping stumps and campfire logs, too, though that was due to the HD texture pack they released on Steam to coincide with the Creation Kit/Steam Workshop release. They haven't fixed that themselves yet, though a player moderator did.Otherwise my game is pretty darn smooth now, very rarely do I hit bugs anymore. But beta patches always have them, so I might as well just wait till they fix what they can with certainty and get the full thing later, it's usually only a week or two after.

rahkshi_symbol.png

So, um, if I already murdered Ysolda (I had to kill people who trusted me to increase the damage on the Ebony Blade, stupid mammoth tusk), and she's now Essential (cannot be killed) will she appear alive sometime?Because I read somewhere that Essential NPCs return alive, if murdered, a month later, but they can't be killed in the first place, so is that what happens if they have been killed somehow? I'd like to know, because I need my game unbugged.I'm editing this in because I don't want to double post:There've been recent rumors of Elder Scrolls Online, it's being called. Supposedly, in May, Bethesda will officially announce it. Am I happy? Depends. First off, Bethesda, no WoW-style generic quests. Hey, go kill 20 Wolves! Now 20 Ice Wolves! Now 20 Bears! Wait...wait for it...20 CAVE BEARS!!!No.Plus, I don't like MMOs in general for one reason: They are very inconsistent. The fact that the exact same enemies respawn a billion times, and that everyone in the world is treated as the extraordinary main character, so no one person shapes the world, like in Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls game. I mean, wouldn't you be annoyed if there were 1,000 Dovahkiins per server?This is what I'd want: A server capacity of, oh, say, 10. Yeah, I know...But here's how it works: Whenever 10 people join, a new server is created, so they're all at the same point in the story. NPCs treat them as a group, and they progress through the main story together. Well, 10 at most. Less would be good.Of course, that idea is flawed.So I hope the rumors are false and that there is no such thing as Elder Scrolls Online.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

I'm assuming (hoping) that's just a rumor, since Bethesda has said on a number of occasions pretty much since Morrowind that they never really had an interest in multiplayer games, at least not for Elder Scrolls. Certainly possible that could change, but I won't be buying it if they do it. I'm not a fan of online games for the most part, Left 4 Dead being a big exception, and I feel like if they just focus on single player, they can spend more time and energy on creating the world and lore than keeping hordes of online players happy.

rahkshi_symbol.png

What I want TES Online to be:DLC for Skyrim. Costs not much, but what you get is a Battle Arena!And you can PvP. In teams, free for all, 2v2, 1v1m etc.And you get cool prizes the more you kill.And there are different 'maps' in the Battle Arena, IE sometimes there's a river, other times its full of snow, sometimes filled with sand and debris.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well, finished Herbadacious's quest, so now I've done all the Daedric quests. Planning on finishing off the Bard's College collection quests, then doing some Divines quests, then finally getting more Words for shouts.I expect to finish the game by 2014. :P

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Simple fact is, Skyrim is an RPG that was directed at people who want to play an open world game where it's just them.Yes, there are players - obviously you, JL - who would like a PvP arena. But that's not the primary focus. If the Elder Scrolls was meant to be set up as a competition based game, then Arena would have lived up to its name. ;)I for one would not appreciate an Elder Scrolls MMO or otherwise online game. The simple fact is, the Elder Scrolls is based on one person - which is you. When you add other players, there's no longer a 'hero'. You're just another character in the world. You're the supporting cast. It cuts out part of what makes it the game that it is.And just so you know, 'never been done before' =/= good. It's never been done before for a reason. Because it's not what the people want.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)