The Elder Scrolls

Got to Whiterun, saved the city from the very first dragon you meet, and became Thane, like everyone does. So, here comes Lydia, a potential follower sworn to protect the Than (and do his housekeeping). Sure enough, Lydia has followed me through everything since then, along with my trusty Flame Atronach summon. Personally I'm a mage/dual-wielding type of character, so having Lydia there to act as a melee distraction is nice. Firebolts coming from the Atronach is practical for making people take more damage while at the same time the summon is human-sized and thus won't get stuck in doorways (like the darned Frost Atronach...).I've equipped Lydia with the best heavy armor and equipment I have been able to get my hands on (full Ebony plate suit, Daedric sword, elemental-resistant shield, a proper bow and some other stat-boosting gear) while I myself use some enchanted light armor and spells. She's been my faithful follower so far, so I ended up marrying her once I got a follower fix via the ModManager. This also made her essential, since she pretty much gets killed from any- and everything otherwise. She's still useless when she gets downed, so it doesn't upset the game balance, it's just nice not having to worry about her being randomly and permanently killed by traps she refuses to avoid and things like that.Got the Flame Thrall spell and the ability to conjure up more than one Atronach at a time. (Buffed through mods to allow as many as you want, but I use 3 as a nice balance. I do have some difficulty mods installed too, after all.) Wherever I go, I am followed by a trail of fire, fire and more fire. I use mostly fire spells for attack, Lydia uses flame-enchanted gear, and my loyal Daedra summons are basically living flame. We have been cutting a swath of fiery destruction across Skyrim for some time now, and I see no reason to stop. :PI will take Aela with me once I find out how to allow two or more followers as well. Logic says that if one can toggle the number of allowed summons with a simple variable, the number of followers might be modular as well (it was in Fallout 3). Of course, for all I know this engine has some hard-coded version for storing follower data, which may not be as easy to modify...Oh well, I'm happy with my squad as it is, just wish I had an archer/hunter as well, for the whole warrior/mage/rogue image. :P

Has anybody seen the awesome Dragon finisher when they pick up an enemy with their talons and drop them from a great height? I saw Odahviing do that to a Whterun guard when I first summoned him from Dragonsreach, and since then I saw an Elder Dragon drop a Giant to his Death. He then promptly killed the other Giant and flew away from the Angry mob of Mammoths chasing him, lol. I don't know which 10 people who like me to kill w/ the Ebony Blade. I also don't know how much better it is after fully upgraded, so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it...Oh yeah: How many of you people know about the Horror of Blackreach? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I won't bother spoiling it for you. But it's quite cool IMO)

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Fully upgraded, that blade is pretty darn good, but note that it is bugged. While it is a two-handed sword and levels that skill, it actually benefits from the one-handed skill. If you are going to kill friendly people, I recommend finding loners who you barely meet anyways, like those people living in cabins by rivers and stuff. Or, if you don't like/never meet Orcs in their strongholds, just follow the Skyrim wiki's advice: complete the Forgemaster's Fingers quest and murder a camp full of Orcs afterwards. Should level the sword pretty quickly.

Has anybody seen the awesome Dragon finisher when they pick up an enemy with their talons and drop them from a great height? I saw Odahviing do that to a Whterun guard when I first summoned him from Dragonsreach, and since then I saw an Elder Dragon drop a Giant to his Death. He then promptly killed the other Giant and flew away from the Angry mob of Mammoths chasing him, lol.I don't know which 10 people who like me to kill w/ the Ebony Blade. I also don't know how much better it is after fully upgraded, so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it...Oh yeah: How many of you people know about the Horror of Blackreach? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I won't bother spoiling it for you. But it's quite cool IMO)

They do that finisher regularly? I always thought it was only a scripted sequence since I've only ever seen it twice, always the same two moments with the couple characters I've created: once when Alduin picks up a guard at Helgen right before you enter the keep, and when Odahviing grabs that guard when you first summon him at Dragonsreach. Never seen it any other times.Oh, and in Blackreach:

You mean the dragon you can summon there?

rahkshi_symbol.png

^ Gaa, I can't find the spoilers tag in the Layout. Yes, that was what I meant; just enjoy calling things by more mysterious names. I've asked friends about that and most other people don't seem to know about it. And also: They can do that more than just in scripted scenes. (In videos from Google's video site) I've seen an Elder Dragon kill a Giant that way, and there's also a video called Skyrim: Epic Dragon Fatality. oh god my font is stuck in bold I'm hitting the bold button nothing is disabling it

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Switch to code mode (top-left corner of the post) and to it the good old-fashioned way: with tags. I actually find it easier, often.Regarding dragons, I wished it was possible to see them crash-land more often. I know that it happens if you deal enough damage to them mid-flight, but they are darn hard to hit with projectiles when they keep moving. I know even Dragonrend will only force them to land, not crash. Hoping for yet another modification to fix that. :lol:

I just wait till they're hovering or on a roof, if there are buildings around. Very satisfying when you get one to crash.As for the Blackreach secret, I have to wonder: How on earth did the first person who found and shared that do it? Like what was the thought process? Just bored and decided to Fus Ro Dah that thing? :P

rahkshi_symbol.png

That could have been interesting if it was true, but it seems more like a coding glitch given that the weapon's main purpose is to betray your friends (by murdering them) in order to power it up. Mismatched stats and skill trees also seems more like the sort of thing Daedric Prince of Chaos would do, but he's already got a weapon with random effects, so...

The problem is that the power-up isn't as great as advertised, so it might just be Mephala screwing with you even more. :PAlso, finally finished Alduin's Bane. Took me long enough. Also had my first double dragon battle with Esbern and Delphine.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

The problem isn't really the power-up, but the fact that you can't improve the blade through crafting. The sword is described as being immune to heat and other effects, but I can't help but feel it would have been better in that case to ramp its power up more significantly with skill gain.

Started a second account, Khajit this time. Using it to get the two achievements I'm missing, which I can't get on my old account due to murdering random people and making bad choices (I'm still POed that you can miss out on an achievement just because you make a bad choice in a Daedric quest). I've done two Daedric quests already, enjoying the Savior's Hide and Staff of Corruption. I got Faendal, but...Well, I was in Bleak Falls Barrow, a while in, right? When I use magic to knock down one of those flaming pots of death onto some oil to burn two Draugr. Faendal, stupid Faendal, is getting burned. I am too, and my health is going down fairly fast, but I'm walking away, so I would've survived, but Faendal, running from the fire, pushed me into a corner, trapping me, so I died, and ended up at the beginning of Bleaks Falls Barrow, down two levels, because I forgot to save. So I murdered Faendal, took all his stuff to sell, let his body float away on a river, and got a letter of thanks from Sven. :)SCREW YOU FAENDAL!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I've seen a few out there that let you return to Sovngarde, at least.Downloaded a modification that added fur- and bone-decked armor, and another that adds heavy fur cloaks inspired by Game of Thrones. Made a new Nord character, made him as beefy and beardly as possible, combined both modifications. Worth it.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Is there anyway to get back a companion after they've disappeared completely? I've tried all the standard methods of getting them to pop back up (waiting 3 days, fast-travel), and I know they're not dead because whenever I try to get a new one they tell me someone's already following me.Lydia disappeared after I used the Elder Scroll to learn the Dragonrend Shout. I just beat Alduin in Sovngarde and she still hasn't returned. Did the game just glitch and I'm stuck forever without another companion?

Use the console to teleport her to your location, if nothing else works.First, type: prid 000a2c94Hit enter. Lydia is now set as the target for the next command: moveto playerHit enter again. This should make her appear right next to you.

Use the console to teleport her to your location, if nothing else works.First, type: prid 000a2c94Hit enter. Lydia is now set as the target for the next command: moveto playerHit enter again. This should make her appear right next to you.

Um, I'm using an Xbox, not a PC. :/

In my defense, my character gleefully dances on the morality line, and is somewhat sociopathic. :PMostly to see what stuff the Blades would offer me. Besides, I got most of the Shouts, can find what's left on my own without the Greybeards, and it's not the like guy offered a whole lot for me anymore (other than hearing that wonderful voice of his).If it helps, I did feel a little bad about it for a bit.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I still think there should be a modification that lets you choose to ally with Paathurnax, so first, after you side with him-well, here's a quest journal entry:PAARTHURNAXI have chosen to side with Paarthurnax instead of killing him as the Blades had ordered me to do. I must now fool them into thinking Paarthurnax is dead, as I need their help in order to defeat Alduin.

• [*]Have a proper funeral for Delphine and Esbern[*]Kill the Blades with Paarthurnax[*]Lure the Blades to the Throat of the World[*](Optional) Convince your followers to side with you[*]Defeat Alduin[*]Trick the Blades into thinking Paathurnax is dead[*]Set up the trick[*]Kill Paathurnax OR talk to Paathurnax

At least, that's how I envision it. The funeral part is in order to make it dramatic, and pay tribute to the Blades, as they were helpful in defeating Alduin. After completion of this quest, you receive the Blades line of misc. objectives from Paarthy instead. Anyone else like this?Also, Patch 1.5 should be out on Xbox any day now...and you can use console commands on Xbox, and get modifications-you just need:

• [*]A 1 GB or above flash drive[*]A PC copy (I advise renting or buying used)[*]A software to convert the save to PC (Modio, Horizon, etc. I'm planning to use Modio)[*]Man I'm loving these bullets...

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

You can't rent/buy used on PC any more, thanks to it being digital code as well as (when installing) an actual disk.Did I say thanks? I mean I HATE IT SO MUCH RAGAAGAGA.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I have to say, while the awesome feeling you get killing dragons fades after a little while (at least until the Ancient Dragons start wrecking my life), it's still so darn satisfying to crash one. Still, nothing tops that first time you fight Mirmulnir at the watchtower near Whiterun.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I fell off the tower and died a few times trying to get a track on Mirmulnir. :P

Same. xD The other times it was a combination of me getting firebreathed to death, being too close while applying shock, and the game glitching at the most inconvenient time.Still, though, it was epic. ^^(Recently got the game; have been playing a file at a friend's house beforehand)-Inferna

I've been playing Skyrim a lot since I got it. I spend a lot of time in Whiterun, and because of Heimskr constantly yelling about TALOS STORMCROWN, BORN OF THE NORTH, WHERE MY BREATH IS LOOOONG WIIINTTEERRRR(Cue me using Frost Breath into the sky) Talos has become completely my favorite god. Wearing an Amulet of Talos and running around in Legendary Steel armor(which does reach the max damage prevention level with the right buffs) and using a Skyforge Steel sword,I just feel so awesome.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Can't be done; the files for console commands don't exist in the console versions of the games. (Funny how that works, with the name and all)

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

That'd be because the Xbox is just a chopped up PC, so you can put PC files on it with a little warranty violation. The PS3 has a very, very different architecture.Also; arbitrarily slapping the files from the PC version of Skyrim onto the Xbox version wouldn't work. There's a lot of differences in design to consider. That would be like trying to take the weapon modding system from Fallout New Vegas and dump it in Fallout 3; it could be done, but it's a job for programmers from the modding community.

-Rover

Have you ever heard of an Emulator? That's what you're running. It sets up an artificial, digital environment with the same specs as a Game Boy, in your phone's case, though you can emulate just about anything. But Skyrim strains the PS3 enough, running PC Skyrim inside an emulator for Windows 7 would be a lot more than I give the PS3 credit for.

-Rover

Course I know what an emulator is, how do you think I'm playing it. My point is that there's no god of vanilla that will smite you if you try to install something on your hardware which means that those programmers from the modding community you just mentioned could do it, they just haven't. Ergo, it isn't impossible, it's just impossible for you.Unless you know something I don't.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

The Bethesda modding community is an incredibly powerful force. I figure, if they can't do it to Bethesda games, it can't be done. I suppose we could challenge them to do it.

-Rover