The Elder Scrolls

Guys, if you want to hear interesting stories of people screaming Fus Ro Dah or other shouts, the you know what video site's commenting system registers thousands of arrogant fools who think they're cool for screaming them in awkward situations. Or at least claiming they did.Trust me, they're lame.Guys, what gods do your characters in TES follow?my Nerevarine followed the Good Daedra - Azura, Boethiah and Mephala, while my Oblivion character was an atheist. Yeah. I said it. I honestly believe we might find out all religions are incorrect, the sun and moons are actual sun and moons, and the realms of Oblivion are just alternate dimensions. I'd like that, really, because I don't like the junk about the sun being a cut-out part of the veil that separates Nirn from Aetherius. Next thing we know, the world's flat. My Dragonborn was a worshipper of Mara... though he sold his soul to half a dozen Daedra, most notably and painfully Molag Bal, so yeah.-Dovydas

Nine Divines and (Azura, Boethiah, Meridia, Nocturnal)Need more Bow of Shadows. :|@ Dovy; But then you take away from it being a fantasy world and make it more realistic. That not fun.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

alright i know this may not be about skyrim but we moved into a house about a year and a half ago and the people before us left some stuff. well i was looking around and found a copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon. I only found the disc and nothing else. mind you i had never heard of the game series so i pop it into my computer expecting to be able to play it but oh no i find out it is only a expansion of a game. So yeah you could understand i was frustrated. So the reason i'm putting on here is i don't know how much the game is worth because i'm going to end up selling it or something. since this is the elder scrolls topic i thought someone might know about it and could give me a rough estimation or i might even be interested in trading/selling it to someone on bzpower who is interested. So yeah thats about it if you do want to trade for it or buy it send me a pm and we can negotiate.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

@ Dovy; But then you take away from it being a fantasy world and make it more realistic. That not fun.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

No.You take it away from being some sort of weird "Gods deem our fate" world and make it a realistic fantasy world. Excuse me, but the sun being a hole in a gynormous piece of cloth is much less fun to me. I honestly don't think it makes sense. At all. In other words, to me it's much more fun.Not to mention I find that something so radically different from our world could look so similar rather surreal. And if Nirn is just a playground for the gods, it's about dang time that the mortal races stop worshipping them and start one big uprising because of how screwed they made it. KILL THE GODS.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

He pretty much repettitively saved the Dunmer.A few negative traits don't necessarily negate centuries of being loyal to his supporters.And he's something of a warrior god, what I can definitely respect. Sacrifice a follower? Big deal. Out of millions of people in the world, it's not difficult to kill one especially when you think how many others you've killed throughout the game.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

I guess. Depends on the person's view, as with all the Daedric Princes, I suppose. I know some people rank Azura up there with the worst of them, but I don't think she's bad. Only ones I think are universally regarded as evil are Namira and Mehrunes Dagon.Although in Boethiah's case, when I read he was the Daedric Prince of "deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority," I just kinda ran with the "not a nice guy" idea.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Those talents proved very useful, after he taught them to the Chimer/Dunmer, in making Resdayn the strongest nation on Tamriel before Tiber Septim came along. Not to mention, that comes down as political intrigue, and the world would be boring, stale, and black-and-white without that, wouldn't it?Some might dispose of the last five words in my first sentence of this post, too. And we also have to remember that the Daedra aren't evil, they just transcend into the mortal world as such (Blue and Orange Morality, I believe it's called). And unlawful overthrow of authority... it's a human invention, authority. We might say that Boethiah sees it more as liberation. I'll quote the wildlings in A Song of Ice And Fire: "All humanity was made equal, but then kings came and took power for themselves."I honestly don't know who could rank Azura as evil. She's not done a single thing that could even with the wildest imagination be considered evil. Unless you're Dagoth Ur, in what case your opinion doesn't really matter.And Namira is certainly not considered evil by cannibals, although I consider her possibly the most disgusting of all the (D)Aedra. And Mehrunes Dagon isn't inherently evil either - he might have tried to conquer the world and dominate everything, but from what I've seen, Molag Bal is far, far worse. His quest in Morrowind, his quest in Skyrim, and a lot of side literature I read in Morrowind... and yeah, he's also the god of... a certain abuse, so.-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

alright i know this may not be about skyrim but we moved into a house about a year and a half ago and the people before us left some stuff. well i was looking around and found a copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon. I only found the disc and nothing else. mind you i had never heard of the game series so i pop it into my computer expecting to be able to play it but oh no i find out it is only a expansion of a game. So yeah you could understand i was frustrated. So the reason i'm putting on here is i don't know how much the game is worth because i'm going to end up selling it or something. since this is the elder scrolls topic i thought someone might know about it and could give me a rough estimation or i might even be interested in trading/selling it to someone on bzpower who is interested. So yeah thats about it if you do want to trade for it or buy it send me a pm and we can negotiate.

Yeah, that's an expansion pack for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. They probably should have named it "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Bloodmoon", but eh. It's like a werewolf themed expansion pack, in simple terms. I don't have Morrowind, though. On ebay, which mind you, has the cheapest prices around, it's $10. Don't trade it in to any store, though. You'll get almost nothing. But if you do sell it, maybe on craiglist, you'll get probably at least $10.Anyways, about Skyrim, I'm really starting to hate my companion Lydia. I think I'm gonna murder and replace her once I get another companion. She gets in my way, kills guards when they get mad if I have a 5 gold fine (raising it by 1,000 per kill) and she murdered a dog who was trying to hurt me (and he wasn't doing but like 1 point of damage per hit!). I wouldn't have a companion if I had better carry weight, which is why I'm upgrading my stamina and keeping my Thieves' Guild armor on. I had Faendal as a companion, but he got mad when I killed some Imperials (Stormcloaks forever!) and attacked a Whiterun Guard. So I had to kill him cuz he attacked me.About Daedra, I'll do whatever gets me quests, but I don't like them. I disobeyed Mehrunes Dagon at the end of that "Pieces of the Past" quest, and got 500 Gold from Silus, who was then killed when Mehrunes summoned some weirdo things. I killed them, and got the key to Dagon's shrine (I'll enter it whenever).So I'm anti-Mehrunes Dagon.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Mehrunes Dagon can hardly be genuinely liked, you know. Daedra aren't all the same: Mehrunes Dagon, Namira, and Molag Bal are pretty insane, but most of the others are decent.Azura, for example, is definitely a truer goddess than any of the Divines who just sit and do nothing, to help their followers or otherwise.Also, amen to your Stormcloaks statement.-Dovydas

And Namira is certainly not considered evil by cannibals, although I consider her possibly the most disgusting of all the (D)Aedra. And Mehrunes Dagon isn't inherently evil either - he might have tried to conquer the world and dominate everything, but from what I've seen, Molag Bal is far, far worse. His quest in Morrowind, his quest in Skyrim, and a lot of side literature I read in Morrowind... and yeah, he's also the god of... a certain abuse, so.

I'm here with Dovy on this one - Mehrunes isn't evil.Evey Daedric Prince embodies something. Mehrunes Dagon embodies destruction - pure destruction for destructions sake. In Oblivion you can't destroy anything, because even the Scamp, the weakest Daedra, is immortal - when it dies, it just reforms from the waters of Oblivion. The only reason he wants to get to Nirn is because he can destroy that, and fulfill his purpose. He isn't evil - he's chaos. Pure, desructive chaos is its purest form.Molag Bal isn't evil either, but he and Namira emobdy the two worst things of all Daedra. Molag Bal embodies... something we don't talk about in polite company (you put it mildly, Dovy). Namira embodies the ancient darkness, and the most repulsive things on Nirn. Slugs and roaches and worms, flies and maggots. I agree that they're worst because they take active joy in the evil they cause, not the chaos.Look at Mehruens Dagons quest in Morrowind - rebuild the razor and use it to destroy stuff. Not to commit evil acts and murders. Just destroy. It destroys what it touches.I guess I have something to add on to my previous statement. My characters have always been human, and to an extent worshipped.... Lorkhan! (Sorry 'bout your heart bro, but at least nobodies going to be banging on it to become gods anymore)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Guys, if you want to hear interesting stories of people screaming Fus Ro Dah or other shouts, the you know what video site's commenting system registers thousands of arrogant fools who think they're cool for screaming them in awkward situations. Or at least claiming they did.Trust me, they're lame.

you dont seem too pleasant.

Most of my friends play Skyrim. :PYol Tor Shul just sounds nice when you say it.

sounds dangerously close to mortal shoe for my taste xD

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Guys, if you want to hear interesting stories of people screaming Fus Ro Dah or other shouts, the you know what video site's commenting system registers thousands of arrogant fools who think they're cool for screaming them in awkward situations. Or at least claiming they did.Trust me, they're lame.

you dont seem too pleasant.
A lot of people seem to tell me that, yeah.Also lol Lev worshipping Lorkhan is the safest thing you can doit is relatively very plausible that Lorkhan is in fact a Daedra, given the apparent inability of his heart to just DIE ALREADY. Aedra can die. Daedra can't.and if he's a Daedra, that means Nirn is his realm of Oblivion, what means everything's relevant to his will.Skyrim's game physics are relative proof of Nirn being a realm of Oblivion too. First time I find myself agreeing with Mankar Camoran.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Wouldn't really surprise me if Nirn is just another plane of Oblivion, honestly.Backing up to Azura, some people have found some believable evidence that she really only kickstarted the Nerevarine prophecy in Morrowind purely because she was ticked off at the Tribunal, not out of any desire to save her people. Whether or not that's true is obviously up for debate, I've seen evidence for both arguments. I personally don't really care one way or the other; I like the Dunmer a lot, but I was also perfectly okay with killing Almalexia and Vivec because I disliked them (the former should be obvious, the latter's personality just grinded on me for some reason).My character doesn't really follow any "gods," probably because I myself have never really shown interest in them beyond what quests they give me. Although I admit I and my character have shown much more interest in the Daedra than anyone else.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Even the Daedra and Aedra are bound to the laws of prophecy and the Elder Scrolls. If she could get away with it she most certainly would have. However, things happened at that exact time because they couldn't have happened any other time.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

She made the prophecy in the first place.And there's also the fact, perhaps more important, that she could've just as successfully just used her power to topple the Tribunal when it came along, or perhaps stop them from getting their hands on the Heart of Lorkhan in the first place.On the other hand, maybe not, given her apparent lack of doing something like this to Dagoth Ur. But, then again, Dagoth Ur's threat was a necessary thing to make the people of Morrowind actually believe in and support the coming of the Nerevarine.-Dovydas

Speaking of the Nerevarine, I'd love to know what became of him/her. I know in Oblivion you hear people mention offhandedly that he/she was last seen traveling to Akavir. Wonder what he/she did there, and if he/she didn't die there, what he/she did after.

rahkshi_symbol.png

My Nerevarine would have suddenly appeared in front of the assassin killing the Emperor and butchered him, then just hovered off to the Mythic Dawn cave and systematically killed them all with a few 'Scrolls of Summon Golden Saint' he found sitting around - Mankar Camoran would be my personal sword sheathe - within about 10 seconds with his giant flaming sword. Then I would have blown up the cave just to make a point.Maybe even opened an Oblivion Gate and, because of levitation, fly across the plane and kill Mehrunes Dagon over and over again until I was bored.Then I'd do a blood transfusion with Martin and start shouting at people.All I know is this - the Nerevarine hasn't killed any dragons. But s/he did kill a Tiger-Dragon. And an army of ice demons. And every living thing on that continent. (S/He imagined they looked like this -)cliff-racer.jpg-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Nice pic Lev. Also I stole the Mythic Dawn Robes and those four books out of that guy's museum (part of my self-proclaimed destiny to collect every book in the game). Oh, and about Oblivion, I heard there was an extremely hard-to-get but possible glitch to beat the main story in about five minutes by killing the people and saving the Emperor. Which would suck because it would ruin most of the game.So, for a new topic, to co-exist with the whole Daedra one, did you guys choose to be with or against the Dark Brotherhood? I joined, and I've done ten quests for them. Once I get around to doing my current quest for them, I think I'll be the Listener. All I know is, once I've done all their quests, I plan to slaughter them.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

More often than not I end up joining them. They usually have the best written questline in the games. I kinda liked Oblivion's a tiny bit more, but Skyrim's DB still stands out compared to a lot of other quests. I destroyed them with a more heroic character, but the rewards for joining them far, far outweigh the benefits of wiping them out.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Morag Tong FTW!*Ahem* Haven't gotten to the Dark Brotherhood yet, but in due time I will. Not much of an assassin though. More of a 'lol you die nao'.None stand before me and my Daedric Sword of Unenchantedness (I'm waiting for Enchant 100 to dual enchant)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

bugs ahoyswear to god, my skyrim disc knew i was playing arkham city. i put it in today and the rest of my gameplay was followed by framerate crashing, a whole lot of hearing 'fus ro dah' and nothing happening. >.o anyways i havent gotten to the db yet. they start in windhelm, right?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I guess she meditates.Anyways I always join everything because I want to do every possible quest in the game. I like more content. I don't mind picking a side in the war, though, since The Stormcloak and Imperial quests mirror eachother. I heard there were quests you could do against the Dark Brotherhood though, and I doubt they mirror the DB ones, so for the sake of content, and since I was planning to destroy them anyways after I was done with their quests, can you do the quests against them (if they are any) after you do all the quests for them?Oh wait...the quests against them are probably saving the targets you would otherwise kill.In other news, Lydia died today. I was gonna kill her once I got a new companion, because she murdered a dog, which is sad, and I couldn't load because I'd lose too much progress (forgot to save!) but eh. Now time to do a quest to get me a new one. I would go search her body, but I never really gave her anything valuable. When I got a better bow, for example, when I got my Orcish Bow I gave her my Ancient Nord Bow. Stuff like that.My horse probably killed as many people as Lydia, and I've had it for a long time. It hasn't died. Well, once or twice, but I loaded.I have also made myself a goal to start doing more side quests (and by side quests I mean not misc. objectives, not guild quests, not Daedric quests, truly unrelated to any of those quests). Mainly to get the Sideways achievement, but also because I have a ton of quests and I need to finish them. I wrapped up that one where you get the Nettlebane, then kill that tree, then fight those things that give Taproot, then you're done. That guy who asked to come along died. Which is a shame, because I thought maybe he'd become a companion after that quest.Oh, and the DLC is coming to Xbox 360 first. The first two releases, anyways, will be on 360 first, then later on PS3 and PC. GameInformer revealed a contract between Bethesda and Microsoft. I'm on 360, so I'm happy, but I think the PS3 people aren't inferior, and should get in anyways. So, about DLC, anyone think of a good expansion pack? I'm hoping for a giant King Mudcrab at some point, but that's just me. What about a new Guild? Ooh! How about an expansion only available after the main story, where you discover other Dragonborns and join a Dragonborn guild? Or...or...something!How about the ability to buy out certain shops and have your own? The DLC possibilities are endless!

According to the wiki, yes, base ebony weapons and armor are better than glass.As far as the Dark Brotherhood, no, destroying them doesn't mirror joining them because it's only one quest, whereas joining them consists of a fair number. Once you kill that old lady at the orphanage and are abducted by Astrid, instead of killing any of the three victims, kill her instead. Once you do that, the quest to destroy the Dark Brotherhood initiates and you're permanently barred from joining them. The rest pretty much consists of you telling a guard and Maro that you killed Astrid, then heading to the Sanctuary and offing everyone else.For DLCs/expansions, visiting another Daedric realm would be neat (would love to see Azura's), although that's almost been done to death in Oblivion. I guess just about anything that takes us to some new place. I hope PC gets it soon, I'm already getting antsy for new longer quests.Oh, and the Karita thing wouldn't get my attention so if it wasn't for the fact that the one on the mountain and the one in Dawnstar look and sound nothing alike.

rahkshi_symbol.png