The Elder Scrolls

Oddly enough, base Daedric is better than Dragonplate. It's only really weird to me because you need a higher smithing level for the Dragonplate/Dragonscale perk than you do for the Daedric one.Kinda worth it though, because Daedric stuff looks SO COOL. I'm practically in love with my Legendary Daedric armor set. 8D Also, for whatever reason, there are no dragon weapons, just the armor. :/

rahkshi_symbol.png

LOL sorry. Given what the lore says about most Daedric realms though, Azura's seems to be the only one we haven't visited that doesn't require a very specific something to not die in five seconds. Although Molag Bal's seems pretty cool, too (apocalyptic mirror image of Tamriel).

rahkshi_symbol.png

What I would like for an expansion pack is something continuing the previous games-a direct link to them, more or less. For example, an expansion pack revolving around the Mythic Dawn's remnants or something. Perhaps, since Black Marsh, for example, isn't seen as fit for a game due to lack of cities, really, and such, there could be a Black Marsh expansion pack?Oh, and, of interest, Cyrodiil and Morrowind, as GameInformer confirmed after one gamer claimed to notice, are built into the game! Not the buildings and such, but general area, maybe some landscape, I'm not sure of the details, but this suggests that maybe we'll see some sort of return/expansion pack/idk what involving them.Also, for an expansion, I'd love to have sailing, have some sailing quests in the Sea of Ghosts. Like, all those boats you see? Where do they go? To the Sea of Ghosts, of course, to explore and such. A Sea of Ghosts expansion pack would be TO DIE FOR, especially if it only cost 800 Microsoft Points :DWhat do you think of that idea?Course, the sailing, unless its very different, might be seen as copying Two Worlds II. But TW has stolen enough from Elder Scrolls, so it's TES's turn to borrow.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

:kaukau: And I just looked at this topic for the first time...Actually, I really wish I had a PlayStation 3 or other high-end video game council in order to play games just like this. I was at a cousin's house and he had Oblivion. Customizing my own character was an awesome experience and I could have spent hours playing with the possibilities. Then there was the enormous task of customizing his skills.I don't know too much about the games, but I personally think that Argonians with dorsal fins are the most awesome. If fact they've inspired a species in my writing. I would go with them every time, unless I was playing to win the game, in which case I'd ask around to find out what skills are the most useful in the toughest part of the game. My general strategy in games with customized strengths and weaknesses is that if I can survive the final boss battle, I can survive it all.I'm Tron Paul and I approve this message.

I've heard, and seen the fact that the other provinces are built into Skyrim, and yet I very much doubt it'll result in an expansion pack or a DLC.It seems illogical to place Morrowind in a game called "Skyrim". They'd at least have named it "The Elder Scrolls V: *insert cool province-unrelated name here*" if they'd intend to do so.-Dovydas

I always figured they built in other parts of Tamriel because Skyrim has some of the highest points on the continent, and on a clear day they didn't want players that were standing atop mountains to see the world disappear abruptly in the distance. I've seen the video showing just how much there is (it ends to the south around where Leyawiin would be), and yeah it seems pretty excessive, but better safe than sorry I guess.

rahkshi_symbol.png

• 3 weeks later...

They probably built them in to help them build Skyrim. You know, to make the Throat of the World taller than the other mountains, and make the land exactly fit between the other countries.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I wonder if they'll do a DLC in Hammerfell, Elsyweyr, the Black Marshes, or any of the others. Could they render these smaller lands completely?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Good luck, because they pretty much consist of "go meet five or six soldiers outside the fort, and storm it with them." Then you fight off waves of enemy soldiers till the game considers the fort yours. I'm sure you can figure out a way to snipe, just know that you'll never have enough allies (the enemy vastly outnumbers them) unless you're defending them pretty much all the time, and once they're dead, they WILL come looking for you.But like I said, there's probably a way, given how much the game doesn't want to lock people off from things regardless of play style. I personally found straight up combat worked for me, and Odahviing was never more useful. 8D

rahkshi_symbol.png

Well, I just took my first fort. It consisted of me shooting people like mad, and if they got too close, I just zoomed in to slow time and shot them some more. It was funny.Unfortunately I didn't get to use my new enchanted glass war axe due to not having a matching shield. ):

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

go meet five or six soldiers outside the fort, and storm it with them.

*sigh* good to see bethesda's added big scale conflicts to the fights. all the fun parts of new vegas [all two of them] were what you just described. ._.i've been bored with skyrim lately. jacked the difficulty up, been frustrated, too stubborn to bring it down since i'm only struggling against certain foes. what do you guys play on?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I just don't think Bethesda's games are large-scale combat. Problem is that since the world is so freaking huge, putting too many animated NPCs in one area to fight would tax the game to the point it'd crash on all but the most powerful machines. Doesn't really make the civil war seem as big as lore implies it to be.I play it on normal, but I'm also losing gradual interest. Don't think upping the difficulty will help. It's kinda my fault, I played too much too fast and I'm running out of things to do. Still, logged in WAY more time on it than pretty much any other game ever before I started getting bored (over 200 hours, despite my sig that I haven't updated). Just gotta wait for the Creation Kit and modders to do their thing and liven it up, because I can tell you, I wouldn't have thrown so many hours into Oblivion without the obscene amount of mods I downloaded for it lol.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Yep, been playing M rated games without any (lasting) psychological effects since I was about 10-ish. Depends on the kid, a lot these days seem to handle more mature stuff than the censors give them credit for.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

Well, I've finished the Civil War quests. I found that bashing away with an axe and spell was more effective than sniping away like usual. I burnt Ulfric to death. Fun.Diplomatic Immunity is also a fun quest, if only because of shooting Thalmor. :D

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Yay! This topic didn't die.

Well, I've finished the Civil War quests. I found that bashing away with an axe and spell was more effective than sniping away like usual. I burnt Ulfric to death. Fun.Diplomatic Immunity is also a fun quest, if only because of shooting Thalmor. :biggrin:

More elves have died to my daedric longsword than died when Tiber Septim got the Numindium. :P Especially the ones in the Mages Guild. Blasted elves. So cocky, so sure of themselves... until they're lying in a pool of their own blood (don't remember the exact quote).

Yep, been playing M rated games with any (lasting) psychological effects since I was about 10-ish. Depends on the kid, a lot these days seem to handle more mature stuff than the censors give them credit for.

Well when you consider what they have in a 'PG-13' movie now days, Skyrim is kiddies stuff. Only really 'M' stuff involves the Daedric Princes, like our friend Molag Bal, and considering exposure to just surfing on the internet that's nothing new. 'M for Mature' fits for pretty much any game, really - are you mature enough to play it? If you can play a game and treat it as a game, not a life lesson, then you've got it right.And Skyrim has an excellent life lesson! Kill dragons to save the world...... wait.180px-MW-quest-Dark_Brotherhood_Attacks.jpgThose guys. But anybody who gives their child Grand Theft Auto, but doesn't let them get Skyrim, has had a little bit too much... Skooma.

i've been bored with skyrim lately. jacked the difficulty up, been frustrated, too stubborn to bring it down since i'm only struggling against certain foes. what do you guys play on?

I just keep mowing through things and revelling in my own power. I play on the default dificulty myself. I see no reason to frustrate myself on higher difficulties.I'm looking at you Dragon Age/Mass Effect.

But like I said, there's probably a way, given how much the game doesn't want to lock people off from things regardless of play style. I personally found straight up combat worked for me, and Odahviing was never more useful. 8D

Battle of Solitude wouldn't have been the same without him. I mean, I was killing at least one imperial every few seconds, and they couldn't possibly hurt me, but it was more exciting watching him land on buildings and incinerate whole platoons in a single Thu'um.

I wonder if they'll do a DLC in Hammerfell, Elsyweyr, the Black Marshes, or any of the others. Could they render these smaller lands completely?

On this matter, I would personally love a Hammerfell expansion. My favored race has always been Redguards, so going to Hammerfell and helping them out against Thalmor would make me happy.Help Redguards, kill elves. And kill elves. Lots of elves.Finally, I have a question - what do you all think of Steam? Personally, I hate it. Sure, not needing to go online for updates is cool. And I guess some people play games just to get all of the achievements (why? why?), but so far, I really just can't stand it. It's slower than Morrowind and Oblivion were via disk + computer info (though this may not be true for those who have better internet speed). It requires internet access, so when the internet goes out you can't play any of your Steam games.It's perfectly fine for an MMORPG like Guild Wars or WoW where you're online and interacting with other players. But it's just ridiculous for a single player PC game! Plus, I'm pretty sure they could shut down your account any time you like...And on yet another hand, while it does help Bethesda avoid piracy (?), I have a friend who, while perfectly willing to buy the game, wants to demo it first, but I can't exactly lone him the game disk and let him play it. With Morrowind or Oblivion on physical disk? I can have it on twenty computers, play it on a laptop while travelling even (when we had to drive back and forth to Loma Linda for a while, the couple hour drive was a perfect time to play Morrowind).If you buy a physical disk, you bought a hard copy of the game. Not anymore! It just lets you download a copy of the internet. Ridiculous!Thoughts?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I made a teensy start with Skyrim. 's Cool so far.Ended op making a Redborn(?), since they had the best female options. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Gonna guess you play Guild Wars too, Levacius? :P

Fire elementalist. :P

Wait, what? I can play Steam games without internet. I need the internet to download them, but once downloaded and installed, I've played Skyrim and Saints Row 2 and 3 while my internet was down with no problem.

Huh. Steam wasn't working for me with the net down. I dunno. :|-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

• 2 weeks later...

Still not near bored with Skyrim. I've been fighting Ancient Dragons lately, a real challenge. I kinda let the difficulty go up automatically (you know, it goes up at Level 5, 10, 25, and 50, on 360 based on the achievements earned by reaching those levels), though occasionally I turn the difficulty down, like when being attacked (annoyingly) by more than one Draugr Deathlord. Oh, and you know Draugr Overlords? Once you're high level, you'll start seeing "Dragr Death Overloads". Overkill much?Anyways, I plan on beating all 244 quests (thank you Internet for information). I've beaten around 103, Level 47, Argonian, Alius Ramentuk's the name.Smithing and Pickpocket are at 100, One-Handed, Light Armor are close...Two-Handed in the '70s I think. I'm good with Lockpicking, I like to think...So, in other news, a video has been released from Bethesda GameJam 2011. Basically, it's Bethesda's end of the year funtime when they add whatever they want to their big game that year, Skyrim in 2011, of course, and it may become DLC. They showed the video at DICE 2012. Just search up 'bethesda gamejam 2011 skyrim' or something on our favorite BZP censored video sharing website, and check it out. Ideas for potential DLC include:-Seasonal foliage-Ranged weapon/magic killcams (pretty sweet)-Enhanced dungeons (with moving platforms, water currents, etc.)-Dragon Mounts-Flaming skeleton horse mounts-Adoption-Building your own house-Giant mudcrabs-Werebears-New skill: Lycanthrope (perk tree, though they'd need to make it so you could re-become a werewolf after curing yourself for this, though I haven't cured myself cause I like it)-Goblins-Spears-Vampire Imp Minions-New follower commands-Flying Vampire Lords-Skeletal butlers for houses-Werebears-Building your own house-BUILDING YOUR OWN HOUSE-BUILDING YOUR OWN FREAKING HOUSE!!!So, I want it all.I. Want. It. All.But stuff like Seasonal Foliage will probably be part of a patch, as free stuff.So what do you want most?

No Morrowind DLC was suggested?So disappointed.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I feel like seasonal weather and foliage would wreak havoc on the game, though. People apparently get a solid amount of lag already in the Rift where there's an abundance of falling leaves. My game runs remarkably well on high graphic settings, but the thicker the foliage gets, the laggier it gets.A lot of the stuff from that video was pretty awesome, though. Vampire Lords especially. Ranged kill cams are probable DLC, I imagine that's fairly similar to the finisher moves they already have for melee weapons.Speaking of which, anyone do a finisher move in unarmed combat (just fists)? High-LARIOUS.

rahkshi_symbol.png